You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i of raised pre??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
MatelSmall blind 150.00150.007575.00
loolololloBig blind 300.00450.004800.00
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • Q

Jag727Fold    
JJs1927Fold    
FrigelCall 300.00750.005725.00
Shannow51Fold    
MatelCall 150.00900.007425.00
loolololloCheck    
Flop

• J
  • Q

MatelCheck    
loolololloBet 450.001350.004350.00
FrigelRaise 900.002250.004825.00
MatelFold    
loolololloCall 450.002700.003900.00
Turn

• A

loolololloCheck    
FrigelBet 300.003000.004525.00
loolololloRaise 1500.004500.002400.00
FrigelAll-in 4525.009025.000.00
loolololloAll-in 2400.0011425.000.00
FrigelUnmatched bet 925.0010500.00925.00
loolololloShow
  • J
  • Q

FrigelShow

River

FrigelWinStraight to the Queen10500.00 11425.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    shove. 15bb. happy to add 20% to your stack
  • edited February 2013
    defo raise pre here and if he re raises we fold
  • edited February 2013
    Why keep asking for advice then dont listen???

Just keep limp / calling pre and blow your stack, standard innit!!

BBV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Get some therapy mush.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of raised pre??:
    Why keep asking for advice then dont listen??? Just keep limp / calling pre and blow your stack, standard innit!! BBV <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Get some therapy mush.
    Posted by davelufc

its jq offsuit dont know really if i want to raise with such a medio oka hand 
  • edited February 2013
    Can i defend the OP. I probably check here. Wev've not limped we've got a free flop. We can assess the flop and play accordingly. 

Nothing wrong with this. Post flop is a cooler 
  • edited February 2013
    defo raise pre here and if he re raises we fold
    Posted by reeler
    Dont do this

Check/shove. JQ plays well postflop. Shove, they rarely call and even if they do they have low PPs or Arag
  • edited February 2013
    Should be getting it in on flop once you see it though, boards so wet
  • edited February 2013
    Can i defend the OP. I probably check here. Wev've not limped we've got a free flop. We can assess the flop and play accordingly.  Nothing wrong with this. Post flop is a cooler 
    Posted by The_Don90
    +1

I would prob check here too.....if I was gonna raise then it would be a shove.
  • edited February 2013
    Raise/fold here would have been a terrible play - don't even think about it.

IMHO You can't shove pre, two players have already expressed an interest in the pot and could be setting a noob trap or just not folding their ace-rag, suited king or small PP now they're in.

1. Check pre, you've been gifted a free flop with a hand that will play well as long as you muck it when you whiff.

2. Shove the flop. Own big pairs that trapped pre or draw chasers, ideally just take it down.

3. Chalk up a cooler - sick flop - curse the dealer, smite the villian - but not in the chat box please.

4. Take notes! Limp/completing the SB weak by both players - be ready to shove small aces/pp over them in future in similar spots.

5. Don't sweat this hand too much but learn from the villains error limping T9o, they derserved this hand to go terribly wrong for them - a lot of your BBV posts start with a limp like this - see how bad it is? Villain got super lucky here flopping a 70+ to 1 shot with you holding top two.

ul
    gg
  • edited February 2013
    Raise/fold here would have been a terrible play - don't even think about it. IMHO You can't shove pre, two players have already expressed an interest in the pot and could be setting a noob trap or just not folding their ace-rag, suited king or small PP now they're in. 1. Check pre, you've been gifted a free flop with a hand that will play well as long as you muck it when you whiff. 2. Shove the flop. Own big pairs that trapped pre or draw chasers, ideally just take it down. 3. Chalk up a cooler - sick flop - curse the dealer, smite the villian - but not in the chat box please. 4. Take notes! Limp/completing the SB weak by both players - be ready to shove small aces/pp over them in future in similar spots. 5. Don't sweat this hand too much but learn from the villains error limping T9o, they derserved this hand to go terribly wrong for them - a lot of your BBV posts start with a limp like this - see how bad it is? Villain got super lucky here flopping a 70+ to 1 shot with you holding top two. ul gg
    Posted by step7
    you seriously want to just open shove the flop?
  • edited February 2013
    I'm assuming step7 means to suggest 3-bet shoving the flop, rather than open-shoving.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of raised pre?? : you seriously want to just open shove the flop?
    Posted by SHANXTA
    This shallow I'd be prone to yes. Comes down to risking your life in the quest for value - something I'm trying to get my head around in SNG/MTT - so I did mean open shove. Which is right? Value or survival? Might help to know what this game was..

• edited February 2013
    Fine pre, check raise flop, get re raised, get it in ergh cooler. Pre = fine  post = mess
  • edited February 2013
    Checking flop is fine.  Leading out is a better line than check raising here by leading out we can rep a tonne of draws and stuff by check raising it just looks too strong.
  • edited February 2013
    Checking flop is fine.  Leading out is a better line than check raising here by leading out we can rep a tonne of draws and stuff by check raising it just looks too strong.
    Posted by bearlyther
    what do you think i should of done on the turn to a min raise?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: should i of raised pre?? : what do you think i should of done on the turn to a min raise?
    Posted by loololollo
    Lead out on both flop and turn.