You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

I would put him on AA. :)

Dont beat yourself up about it.....you did the right thing at the time and got your stack in with a decent holding. Just UL to walk into a monster.

PS....what am I doing in the clinic??....I know nothing!

I am a ABC nit.....get me out of here!

(congrats on the result btw)

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I have nursed my short stack for a while, and now sit 6/6 on FT and still ss - next has 80,000 ish
    I am loving the sight of AJ in the sb and get ready to ship so fast, not worried about the open from UTG at all and when Bill flats it's like xmas in the cake shop.
    Then btn does this, I really don't know if it's light or Ax/Kx that I beat.
    oppo is a very good winning MTT player, but have not played with them enough to know if they sqeeze light in this spot.

I am stupid for thinking about folding, really feel I run into top of oppo range rarther than seeing 87s.
    More I think about it the more I think I should get it in, but then the other half says no oppo is never light here.

IDK set me straight I am too emotionaly involved )

edit:
    Looking at this again, it's just an equity calc so if someone could just stove this versus oppo's range of A9+ 55+K10+ and some light squeezes
    Unless you think oppo range is tighter/wider and let me know on here
    Basically a treble up, so what I do I need to call
    Looking more like a call now for me anyways
    FWIW UTG is raising every hand w/ATC and folding
    Bill is deffo folding his QJs or w/e
    rancid Small blind   2500.00 2500.00 30232.00
    destructor Big blind   5000.00 7500.00 138708.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

reevio Raise   11000.00 18500.00 164179.25
    gadgerno1 Fold        
    thebil123 Call   11000.00 29500.00 91896.00
    x Raise   35000.00 64500.00 173964.75
    rancid
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT, FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee:
    I would put him on AA. :) Dont beat yourself up about it.....you did the right thing at the time and got your stack in with a decent holding. Just UL to walk into a monster. PS....what am I doing in the clinic??....I know nothing! I am a ABC nit.....get me out of here! (congrats on the result btw)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    thanks, but your thinking about my open shove exit hand - A10 into AA )

Pay attention when railing )
  • edited February 2013
    its a fold for me. Id rather wait for a weaker hand whereby i shove it in 1st.

But I mainly play cash so dunno...
  • edited February 2013
    readless it's a sigh fold
    but utg raise atc followed by button squeeze, you could easily be ahead.but never a call it.s all or nothing imho.
  • edited February 2013
    As a newcomer with not a lot of experience my thought process in that spot would be to fold AJ to a raise,call and re-raise. The re-raise that would set you all in looks like QQ or JJ - enough to get away from if he gets re-re-raised, but also enough to imagine he is flipping (and if he runs into your AA, KK etc. then he's only losing a minimum). I just feel like committing 17% of your stack with 3 players still to act is not ideal territory for raising light.

Like I said, I am a newcomer so any thoughts/advice/constructive criticism about my thought process equally welcomed :)
  • edited February 2013
    readless it's a sigh fold but utg raise atc followed by button squeeze, you could easily be ahead.but never a call it.s all or nothing imho.
    Posted by GELDY
    a call means I am all in essentially - pay attention Geldy - too much smoke in makua !! )
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT, FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee : a call means I am all in essentially - pay attention Geldy - too much smoke in makua !! )
    Posted by rancid
    I think he means he holds and all or nothing hand :/
  • edited February 2013
    As a newcomer with not a lot of experience my thought process in that spot would be to fold AJ to a raise,call and re-raise. The re-raise that would set you all in looks like QQ or JJ - enough to get away from if he gets re-re-raised, but also enough to imagine he is flipping (and if he runs into your AA, KK etc. then he's only losing a minimum). I just feel like committing 17% of your stack with 3 players still to act is not ideal territory for raising light. Like I said, I am a newcomer so any thoughts/advice/constructive criticism about my thought process equally welcomed :)
    Posted by AshP1979
    But then I just thought - if he is trying to buy the pot there with something silly - he just folds to a re-re-raise anyway...hmm. So much still to learn... 
  • edited February 2013
    Looking at your edit it's an easy call. AJ is good enough to call given reads, equity against perceived ranges, our stack size and pot odds. 
  • edited February 2013
    Looking at your edit it's an easy call. AJ is good enough to call given reads, equity against perceived ranges, our stack size and pot odds. 
    Posted by Curt360x27
    I think your right as long as i have the range correct.
    15 secs ain't that long espcially when I was so ready to go all in and the btn does that - well put me off my stride )

Looking back now it could have been the diiferance between having a shot at first and going out in 6th (
    Twas the primo with £3k up top so.... may have negatively affected my brain
  • edited February 2013
    against that player you should be buzzin your nut to get in with aj
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee:
    Posted by RyanC7
    lol, so true.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee:
    I have nursed my short stack for a while, and now sit 6/6 on FT and still ss - next has 80,000 ish I am loving the sight of AJ in the sb and get ready to ship so fast, not worried about the open from UTG at all and when Bill flats it's like xmas in the cake shop. Then btn does this, I really don't know if it's light or Ax/Kx that I beat. oppo is a very good winning MTT player, but have not played with them enough to know if they sqeeze light in this spot. I am stupid for thinking about folding, really feel I run into top of oppo range rarther than seeing 87s. More I think about it the more I think I should get it in, but then the other half says no oppo is never light here. IDK set me straight I am too emotionaly involved ) edit: Looking at this again, it's just an equity calc so if someone could just stove this versus oppo's range of A9+ 55+K10+ and some light squeezes Unless you think oppo range is tighter/wider and let me know on here Basically a treble up, so what I do I need to call Looking more like a call now for me anyways FWIW UTG is raising every hand w/ATC and folding Bill is deffo folding his QJs or w/e rancid Small blind   2500.00 2500.00 30232.00 destructor Big blind   5000.00 7500.00 138708.00   Your hole cards J A       reevio Raise   11000.00 18500.00 164179.25 gadgerno1 Fold         thebil123 Call   11000.00 29500.00 91896.00 x Raise   35000.00 64500.00 173964.75 rancid
    Posted by rancid
     you being S/S (6BB's left) and out of position.. I'm calling...and for 2 reasons.. 1. the Big Stack  (villian) is going to play and bully with a much wider range, from small/med pairs to connecting and suited cards.....and he's forcing you all in..probably hoping you will fold
     2.  if you were going to shove, when you saw your hand.. then shove don't raise...you have more to lose by folding...win and you treble up... lose and you min cash on the F/T (still not to be sniffed at in the Primo)...and if your not going to get your chips in here.. what hand are you waiting for with the blinds going against you?..if you walk into a monster..ul....
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by RyanC7

lol - thanks makes me feel a lot better :D
    Like I said haven't played versus oppo ever I think - plus first time I played primo in like a year so can't grumble i guess )
    May play it more often !!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee :  you being S/S (6BB's left) and out of position.. I'm calling...and for 2 reasons.. 1. the Big Stack  (villian) is going to play and bully with a much wider range, from small/med pairs to connecting and suited cards.....and he's forcing you all in..probably hoping you will fold  2.  if you were going to shove, when you saw your hand.. then shove don't raise...you have more to lose by folding...win and you treble up... lose and you min cash on the F/T (still not to be sniffed at in the Primo)...and if your not going to get your chips in here.. what hand are you waiting for with the blinds going against you?..if you walk into a monster..ul....
    Posted by larry1959
    Not a matter of waiting - just wasn't sure if I was going to run into top of oppo range
    rarther be shoving than calling it off with AJ in this spot
    think it plays a lot easier if btn just opens, it becomes a standard shove
    or if btn shoves it's a standard call

I am still willing to entertain the fact that I made a bad fold

YES I FOLDED !!
  • edited February 2013

So this whole fred is just you saying you wished you played this one and folded the A10 hand?  :)
  • edited February 2013
    So this whole fred is just you saying you wished you played this one and folded the A10 hand?  :)
    Posted by MAXALLY

lol no, A10 was standard

Thought I may have made a mistake in this one, hence the post
    One of them hands that could of changed the ending
  • edited February 2013
    I would call here because i have 6 big blinds and the button has actually done us a favour because when u call the other two will prob get out of the way meaning you can win a pot worth 65k with just 30k thats decent odds against his range surely.

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT, FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee : a call means I am all in essentially - pay attention Geldy - too much smoke in makua !! )
    Posted by rancid
    in this case - yes
    but I meant as a general thought process
    so you sit there thinking time to shove with fold equity
    button raises in front of you
    so you now have to reconsider
    all or nothing - live or die on this hand
    both make sense to me
    i would make a gut decision based on my feel of the table
    no way could i calc all the implied odds in time
    nor would i want to
    guts > brains in this case imho
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT, FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee : in this case - yes but I meant as a general thought process so you sit there thinking time to shove with fold equity button raises in front of you so you now have to reconsider all or nothing - live or die on this hand both make sense to me i would make a gut decision based on my feel of the table no way could i calc all the implied odds in time nor would i want to guts /> brains in this case imho
    Posted by GELDY
    So your syaing I never had the guts for it ) fair comment
    I hear ya though, do or die and all that
    I got no problem getting my chips in, just didn't feel it at the time.

• edited February 2013
    Lol I think he meants gut as in your gut instinct, not whether you've got the bottle to do it.

Very tough one tbf, I'm really torn but think I have to sigh get it in.
  • edited February 2013
    Lol I think he meants gut as in your gut instinct, not whether you've got the bottle to do it. Very tough one tbf, I'm really torn but think I have to sigh get it in.
    Posted by Lambert180

) i know
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee : ) i know
    Posted by rancid
    Soz, clearly I'm being more dumb than I thought you were being ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Yes you have to get it in here with stacks we have enough equity.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Primo FT - AJ facing btn sqeezeeeeee : Soz, clearly I'm being more dumb than I thought you were being ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Just a levelling of dumbness )
  • edited February 2013
    Dont think its a bad fold. Im rarely folding AJ with 6BBs... As he was unknown to you, I bet it went through your thought process that he wouldnt 3 bet light here against your stack till to act. But this player is mr raggo aggro... edit post he is not very good lol
  • edited February 2013
    Who is the villian?!! Everyone seems to know but me!
  • edited February 2013

I railed you from 60 left and the way the villain was running I would have folded aces!!