You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2 pair on the flop, facing a 3 bet.

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Dont know oppo really, Should i even be in this hand with action pre and my position??

I suppose as played, it`s all in or fold. Is this the correct play??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ChirpyChip Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.26
davelufc Big blind  £0.10 £0.20 £8.04
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

MANONTOP Fold     
SILKY1978 Raise  £0.40 £0.60 £32.27
haidyboy Call  £0.40 £1.00 £9.89
ChirpyChip Fold     
davelufc Call  £0.30 £1.30 £7.74
Flop

• J
  • Q
  • K

davelufc Check     
SILKY1978 Bet  £0.65 £1.95 £31.62
haidyboy Fold     
davelufc Raise  £1.95 £3.90 £5.79
SILKY1978 Raise  £3.10 £7.00 £28.52
davelufc ??

Comments

• edited February 2013
    We have the second worst 2 pair. Literally only had i can see we beat is QJ, maybe QTdd but even then i wouldn't be comfortable. 

I think this is a fold. 
  • edited February 2013
    I think it's definitely ace 10. Cos if he has 2 pair also is happy inflating the pot when theres so many draws out there
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 2 pair on the flop, facing a 3 bet.:
    We have the second worst 2 pair. Literally only had i can see we beat is QJ, maybe QTdd but even then i wouldn't be comfortable.  I think this is a fold. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks Don, would AK / AQ / AJ play this way?? Or possibly Ax d?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 2 pair on the flop, facing a 3 bet.:
    In Response to Re: 2 pair on the flop, facing a 3 bet. : Thanks Don, would AK / AQ / AJ play this way?? Or possibly Ax d?
    Posted by davelufc

AQdd maybe would. Forgot about that.

However as we're readless i guess we have to assume AJ/AQ isnt in range (unless its AQdd) and maybe an overplayed AK can be there i guess. Axdd possibly could but i still think thats too small of his range. 

Alot of my thought here is we're readless so maybe some hands youve mentioned can be within a range here, but readless i think we have to assume they have the nuts. But i will say theres far more than AT they can have here, but KQ,KK,QQ,JJ,AT,9T all beat us. Lots of other hands that our maybe a slight favourite against us, Txdd. 

• edited February 2013
    Yep were definately behind here given the action just call on flop.
  • edited February 2013
    It's nice of him to tell you that you're crushed by clicking it back to you... Thank him (in your head) for being so generous with that information and fold.

As for the call pre-flop, I think you need to tell us whether that was reasonable. If your reason for calling was that "Hey I have KJ and it's only 30p" then that's bad. What are your thoughts on your opponents' ranges and what's the plan for the flop i) when we have top-pair ii) when we have nothing?
  • edited February 2013
    just call on flop,

snap fold now
  • edited February 2013
    Raising flop is fine imo.