You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 £1k BH - Part 1 (SB v BB)

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
well if you min raise and he plays back at you with a 3 bet then lay it down going all in here is to risky espically if hes seen you min raising all the time 

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I'm down to the final 9-10 at this point, top 13 got paid but obv I'm only interested in winning.

Table is ridic tight so I've just been raising non stop. Very occasionally have I ever been called and even then, they've folded to a c-bet, very weak table.

Obv here he's found one of the like 4-5 hands he'd call me with but what do we think of the jam? I'm never folding that's for sure, but it's been mentioned to me before that on tables like this I can just min raise/fold non stop.

Thinking about it, I think minraise/fold is better because I think I get just as many folds and I know he definitely has me crushed if he ever calls/jams (best I can hope for which obv isn't too bad is AK). Seems bad raise/folding here but against such a ridic tight player it's the best thing to do? They're never gonna exploit me.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lambert180 Small blind   600.00 600.00 31487.50
    Ginger Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 11160.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q

Posh Fold        
    Scary Fold        
    Lambert180 All-in   31487.50 33287.50 0.00
    Ginger All-in   11160.00 44447.50 0.00
    Lambert180 Unmatched bet   19727.50 24720.00 19727.50
    Lambert180 Show
    • Q

Ginger Show
    • A
    • A

Flop

• A
    • Q

Turn

River

Ginger Win Three Aces 24720.00   24720.00
  • edited February 2013
    I've only been minning to the bigger stacks and him when he wasn't so short.

EDIT: FWIW, I think this is a standard jam against any competent opponent. It's only their range calling/jamming range that might affect me jamming imo
  • edited February 2013
    if calling range is 2% then obviously jam

if oppo calls wide down to Q10/K10 then it's proably a fold or min/fold if oppo will never abuse you
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 £1k BH - Part 1 (SB v BB):
    if calling range is 2% then obviously jam if oppo calls wide down to Q10/K10 then it's proably a fold or min/fold if oppo will never abuse you
    Posted by rancid
    Well this is what I'm questioning.

Surely if he calls 2% it's better to min, min, min, then fold to any jam cos we know we're crushed. Like he's NEVER gonna exploit my minning. So if I jam, I risk 12k everytime when I could risk 2.4k for the same result cos it's either fold or I'm crushed.

I dunno... that's my thinking. I'm sure I'm not being results orientated, obv the two hands I've posted in 5 mins of each other suck and I could have easily went and won it but this kinda spot happens alot with super nits at late stages where I think it's not worth risking their full stack cos their range is SO obvious

P.S. the second hand left me crushed, with like 8 left, but somehow managed to get a 6th out of it.
  • edited February 2013
    Yep this is a jam blind on blind against his 9 bigs you played it fine.
  • edited February 2013
    Well, if you think that he's never calling to play the flop in position and never 3-betting light, then you can min-raise fold against him. I'd normally agree with bearlyther (and you) that this is a jamming situation but if the circumstances offer you a better option, don't ignore it just because you'd usually do something else.

Erm... having described your opponents as "weak" and "ridic tight" maybe you should delete the aliases. People get upset about that sort of thing. lol
  • edited February 2013
    perfect play imo
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 £1k BH - Part 1 (SB v BB):
    Well, if you think that he's never calling to play the flop in position and never 3-betting light, then you can min-raise fold against him. I'd normally agree with bearlyther (and you) that this is a jamming situation but if the circumstances offer you a better option, don't ignore it just because you'd usually do something else. Erm... having described your opponents as "weak" and "ridic tight" maybe you should delete the aliases. People get upset about that sort of thing. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Yeah I'll probably get table abuse now next time I sit down and play with the spice girls ;)