You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£11 £1k BH - Part 2 (3bet jam)

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Same tourney, same table, not long after the other hand.

Spewy or standard?  Obv same reads as other post. To add a little to it, they haven't been opening much but at least when they have been it's been a minraise and not a limp. Given how tight they are I think they'll fold all of their opening range minus probably AK and TT+

Again walked into the top of his range but meh can live with that.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind   800.00 800.00 26927.50
Ginger Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 19520.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Posh Raise   3200.00 5600.00 17920.00
Scary Fold        
Lambert180 All-in   26927.50 32527.50 0.00
Ginger Fold        
Posh All-in   17920.00 50447.50 0.00
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   6607.50 43840.00 6607.50
Lambert180 Show
  • A

Posh Show
  • K
  • K

Flop

• Q
  • K

Turn

River

• J

Posh Win Three Kings 43840.00   43840.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    If your reads are correct then snap fold

even when opps calls with btm of range you just don't have enough equity

• edited February 2013
    I think its a fold as we cant expect him to be raise folding out of his stack size and you say he hasnt been opening much then i think he will have us crushed nearly all the time.  You have 16 bigs no need to put your stack in here you can wait for a better spot especially against players who you will have an edge against.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: £11 £1k BH - Part 2 (3bet jam):
    I think its a fold as we cant expect him to be raise folding out of his stack size and you say he hasnt been opening much then i think he will have us crushed nearly all the time.  You have 16 bigs no need to put your stack in here you can wait for a better spot especially against players who you will have an edge against.
    Posted by bearlyther
    This.

With about 13BB we can't really expect him to raise-fold. Considering he also has a tight range I think it's definitely a fold.

Against a more regular opening range I wouldn't be 3-betting light with less than 15-16BB effective. It's usually better if our opponent has the bigger stack, too, as weaker players usually only think about their own stack when opening. So they open wider when they "can afford it", regardless of effective stacks.
  • edited February 2013
    snap fold pre 24 hours a day 7 days a week
  • edited February 2013
    Why on earth are you 3 bet jamming light vs a player like this - 'To add a little to it, they haven't been opening much but at least when they have been it's been a minraise and not a limp. Given how tight they are' who has just opened UTG from a 13bb stack?!?!?!  

You want to be targeting players who are opening to wide from various positions who are not going to have a strong enough hand to call it off with an effective stack whereby were not going to be exploited by given them good enough odds to justify calling you light. Also on the occasions we are called were not going to be crushed by a top end range.

• edited February 2013
    Think it's fair comment to mention that while you want folds you need to think about the times you are called and by what range and how your stack up against that range regarding your equity

Don't think a lot of people think about the range that they will be called by, they just want oppo to fold

if your shoving unpolarised range you really need to think about caling range