You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread***

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi gang!

Looking forward to hosting all your poker hands and comments live this Tuesday night on Sky Poker TV 7pm on Channel 861 and streamed from this website.

I'm Richard Orford... 

And he's Stuart Rutter...

Damn, that photo is way cooler. Memo to self- wear shades next time.

So it's already 1-0 to the Rutter I see and we haven't even begun.

Here's your confirmed show line-up then:

7pm – The final table from Sunday's Primo
8pm – Ask the Expert– Questions + your hand request from any TV tables                                                                                                             9pm – Sky Poker School- topic: Playing connectors and suited connectors
10pm – Live tournament 6K Turbo Open coverage (late stages)
 11pm – Live action from the Master Cash tables

And since this is the last show before Valentine's night, which mercifully this year I won't be spending with Tikay, let's find out...

What makes the perfect poker partner?

What qualities are you looking for in a romantic partner when it comes to poker? Or what qualities does your partner already currently possess?

Do they always lend a sympathetic ear when you've bubbled? Do you expect them to break open the bubbly and celebrate with you all night when you win an MTT? Do you have  a "Me-Time" rule in place where your partner doesn't disturb you for a set number of hours whilst you multi-table? Do you have to trade doing household chores in order to "buy" poker time when you're with your partner?
How do you fit in poker around your love-life and/or how would your dream partner facilitate your love of poker?

Just a few questions to get the creative juices flowing, but you use the overall topic to go in any direction you want. Just keep it clean please!

Let's have your amusing thoughts on this and the 2 best will get freerolled into Thursday night's mini Boutny Hunter and of course everyone's names and answers will get read out on the show!

Also tonight- we're playing:

Guess the hand!

Look out every hour as we show you a hand and invite you to guess the opponet's holding. 2 more viewers will win seats into Thursday's mini bounty hunter for that!

How to take part in the show? Easy.
You can use this thread, email skyopen@bskyb.com, or Tweet #skypokertv

Good luck and see you all on Tuessday night at 7pm- Channel 861 or streamed from this site. No excuses!

Comments

• edited February 2013
    What do i expect from a romantic partner. I expect them to just make sure im fed and watered, the basic essentials nothing more, nothing less. 

And Lol_i_call does all of these things. 
  • edited February 2013
    I have been married 39 years and although it has not always been perfect i still have the tv remote.
    POKER Yes well,.. when i win it's......can i buy this or that. When i loose its how much did that game 
    of poker cost, i could have bought a pair of shoes for that... bla bla bla....So win or loose it always
    costs me....lol.

PS I've just been hit over the head with a bag of chips by the wife.....It's 40 years i've been married....time flies
    when your enjoying yourself....
  • edited February 2013
    Well I have the lovely Llamas (Emma) as my partner and what more could you want than a fellow poker player? Someone to tell you to shut up when you've had one too many bad beat moans recently, someone who actually understands how good it feels to win an MTT (don't think non poker players realise this).

She also keeps me fed and watered and manages to cook great, proper home made dinners like lasagne and play in the DTD while I'm just sat on my bum playing the DTD.

A wonderful girlfriend! I couldn't ask for more.

P.S. It might have made more sense to get the posts praising our other halves on Thursday  ;)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread***:
    Well I have the lovely Llamas (Emma) as my partner and what more could you want than a fellow poker player? Someone to tell you to shut up when you've had one too many bad beat moans recently, someone who actually understands how good it feels to win an MTT (don't think non poker players realise this). She also keeps me fed and watered and manages to cook great, proper home made dinners like lasagne and play in the DTD while I'm just sat on my bum playing the DTD. A wonderful girlfriend! I couldn't ask for more. P.S. It might have made more sense to get the posts praising our other halves on Thursday  ;)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Ha, Paul. But I'm not doing Thursday's show am I? I'm getting in first!
  • edited February 2013
    Right, nice replies so far. 

have now checked in with the producer and the full lineup for tonight's show is on the starting post.

Also- news just in....

Two big announcements on tonight's show!

One is an SPT announcement!

And the other concerns a new (and famous) face joining the Sky Poker team.

Watch this space!
  • edited February 2013
    Carlo probably thinks the perfect poker partner is whichever female is presenting with him........or nearest to him??

By the way, huge thums-up to WBA for completing a terrific double against the RS last night :)

hmmmm, the perfect partner, can drink, likes footy and good at poker..................Samantha52??????

BTW what is this mysterious thing you call "a love life"??

good luck with the show, away to norway ( more like arctic circle) for work on friday, maybe see you at SPT London if finances permit
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Guys hope you have a great show.

I've been married now for 2 1/2 years and been with my wife Michelle for over 8 years before that which covers all of my time as a poker player. 

For me she's the perfect poker partner, she understands I can't always be winning and not to ask too many questions when things are going bad but to stay supportive when the downswings come.  She's never complained about my late nights infont of the computer screen or weekends away playing live events and positively encourages me to get involved in a wide variety of poker activity as

A). she knows I love it. 
    B). she knows it's important to have personal interests outside of the relationship.
    C). she knows she gets new shoes or a holiday if I get a decent win.  I've learned over the years she's prepared to put up with quite alot for the feignt hope of Manolo Blahnik's or Jimmy Choo's on day!

She's even come along to a couple of SPT's with me too.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread***:
    Right, nice replies so far.  have now checked in with the producer and the full lineup for tonight's show is on the starting post. Also- news just in.... Two big announcements on tonight's show! One is an SPT announcement! And the other concerns a new (and famous) face joining the Sky Poker team. Watch this space!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Can I have a guess who?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread*** : Can I have a guess who?
    Posted by Slykllist
    Her initials are CJ
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread*** : Her initials are CJ
    Posted by VespaPX
    IT'S PAM ANDERSONS CHARECTER FROM BAYWATCH!!!!!!!!

That will boost viewing figures!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night LIVE! with Rich and Stu on Sky Poker TV Ch 861 ***official show thread*** : IT'S PAM ANDERSONS CHARECTER FROM BAYWATCH!!!!!!!! That will boost viewing figures!
    Posted by cenachav

...So you will be disappointed when Clive James turns up in a dress now?

Then again....you might not be :)
  • edited February 2013
    Having never had a girlfriend I'm probably not in a position to answer tonights question however; I believe that your perfect partner should always do whatever you want when you want! This is applied in all forms of life not just around poker! Can you tell that I'm single? lol.
  • edited February 2013
    Hey Rich and Stu 
    have a great show tonight 

I been with The_Don90 a year now and he is my perfect poker partner.
    As he introduced me to the game and i love it.
    He gives me money for my sky poker account as he said the other night before he sat on the cash tables "If I win £20 ill give you £20 for your sky account"
    and he won the £20.

I wish we could share the household chores but when Don is playing poker his excuse of getting out of making cup of teas is hes on a computer and im on a laptop which is portable.

LOL_I_CALL  aka Mel 

• edited February 2013
    My initials are C J but I haven't recieved any paperwork relating to me joining the team,must be an oversight.
    Perfect poker partner is one that I can lie about  the fact I keep buying into SPT events for rather large amounts of money. Have satellitted a few times but attendance usually involves some sort of financial subterfuge. My wife just thinks I keep winning seats!!!!
  • edited February 2013
    Hey Rich and Stu  have a great show tonight  I been with The_Don90 a year now and he is my perfect poker partner. As he introduced me to the game and i love it. He gives me money for my sky poker account as he said the other night before he sat on the cash tables "If I win £20 ill give you £20 for your sky account" and he won the £20. I wish we could share the household chores but when Don is playing poker his excuse of getting out of making cup of teas is hes on a computer and im on a laptop which is portable. LOL_I_CALL  aka Mel  
    Posted by lol_i_call
    Am i the good guy or the bad guy here. :S
  • edited February 2013
    Can you play hand  621596873 from tonights main. 

The reason why, i wouldn't say its a particularly interesting hand, but when we hit pair flops readless i think I always make mistakes. How should i size my bet on the flop, or can i slow play in this spot?  
  • edited February 2013
    Hand 619599182 from Thursdays nights main.  After the check behind on the the turn I assumed my hand was good.  Did I make the right move on the river?
  • edited February 2013
    she knows she gets new shoes or a holiday if I get a decent win.  I've learned over the years she's prepared to put up with quite alot for the feignt hope of Manolo Blahnik's or Jimmy Choo's on day! She's even come along to a couple of SPT's with me too.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Did you go to Manolo Blahnik's or Jimmy Choo's when you went on your recent holiday?

My girlfriend is the best.  She loves baking and often comes to see me with brownies or cookies which are always yummie.  She has filled a great big void in my life which I thought could never be filled.  She is also my good luck charm at poker.  Although I never try to play when we have time together as time is precious for us, the two times she has been with me when I've been playing poker, I have won tournaments!  Now all I need to do is persuade her to move in with me and I will run better then Thewy himself!!!
  • edited February 2013
    Seen as you're discussing suited connectors, could you show my hand from a mastercash table where I have a suited 1 gapper?  :) You might wanna conceal the other hands in this one, not a biggie though.

Hand History #619664485 (22:13 07/02/2013)

I'm c-betting this board all day long but he donkbet, do we like a call or a raise given that we're in position?

• edited February 2013
    I'm sure the new addition will make a big splash.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm sure the new addition will make a big splash.
    Posted by TommyD
    The run good keeps coming!
  • edited February 2013

Two new presenters on the show, eh?

I'm worried now. I hope they're not replacing Anna, James or Sarah...

;)

• edited February 2013
    Were Sky saving money on the photo shoot having Anna do it?  When they said it was a sky sports news presenter was I alone in hoping it was Jim White?  Imagine transfer deadline day every Thursday night on the sofa!  The big news tonight is that Greghogg has driven to Team Bring It's car park but he has not been allowed in as TKP have refused permission for a transfer to be discussed!
  • edited February 2013
    Two new presenters on the show, eh? I'm worried now. I hope they're not replacing Anna, James or Sarah... ;)
    Posted by BorinLoner
    ... or Richard.
  • edited February 2013

HI RICH, STU...

JACKPOT 21:28 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 220 667 114    
    left 38 173 5    

mewillows 1 8      
    sharonm 17 87      
    alig1234 19 19      
    Bramhall21 22 150      
    subsnw 36 85      

• edited February 2013

I will now wish you both a good evening.

Good evening chaps.

I have a question about playing draws on the flop:

I find that if I call a raise in the blinds to go multi-way to a flop with a hand such as 67 and hit a board like 58A rainbow, out of position I tend to play my draw quite passively. I think there's too much chance that one of my opponents has an Ace and won't lay it down to my semi-bluff. Is this bad because, unlike with a flush draw, there are few obvious draws on this board so my opponent will be forced to give me credit for a hand? A semi-bluff can fold out lots of hands with really good equity against me like KQ or pocket pairs KK and below and few Aces could stand three streets of aggression...

Is it basically dependent on the opponents and on the stakes we're playing? Does my semi-bluff represent too narrow a range of made hands?

Thanks Stuart... and Richard.

• edited February 2013
    Hmm im not sure about what makes the perfect poker partner, but id guess it would be someone who takes me chips when i lose them rather than letting me lose them to someone else :D.  p.s i've been off the forums for a while i bet you missed me, hows tikay i miss our bus chats :D
  • edited February 2013
     the perfect partner would be for me to just leave me alone and let me play for myself instead of him telling me what to do and a cup of tea and a smoke whenever i want one or a massage but yeah this is the real world and i allways end up with my head in my cereal hope you have a great show guys !
  • edited February 2013

the perfect poker partner where do we start her been worse than me would be a good to take all her chips or some 1 to bounce ideas of and learn of each other and in the long run both to make money me myself would rather her not play poker she just stresses me out mostly why i play poker to get away and half a few hours of cheap mtts and a cuppa life is bliss and then the baby screams and im done lol have a great show rich !

• edited February 2013

Good Evening Rich and Stu

Glad to see 861's answer to Ant or Dec back on the Screen.

In terms of the qualities required for a poker partner, I think they can be summarised in these 5 key values.

1) Supportive.  When you have gone all in with your pocket 2's on the AA2 board, and your opponent
       has AA, the comment "Well, the other 2 might come yet" is always calming and soothing.

2) Helpful.  When trying to represent the bluff, "ooh - you've got 4 red ones" helps to build ones nerve.

3) Trust.  On the very rare occasion you do go all in with 2 3 off, you can declare it a mis-click.

4) Perseverance and Faith.  Even though I have never qualified for an SPT Event, 
       the fact I am entering my 143rd Satellite later does not matter.

5) Tenderness.  When I do lose the money we had saved for our Valentines meal, she doesn't hit me too hard.

As for nicknames ( might be a bit long tbf ), surely at a live tournament when 
    Stuart has been playing and then somehow not won heads up, someone must have shouted

"I can't believe it's not Rutter!"

Keep up the good work guys.

Regards

Pen Fifteen