You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nearly one a month...

I've only been back on Sky since I got back from travelling in October 12, yet this is the 4th royal flush I've been involved in since (2 for me, now 2 against me) - considering the odds in one coming up I'm amazed how variance has thrown so many in such a short time!

And glad I'm less of a fish than I was in October, I'd have probably doubled my oppo up back then lol
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
NiceFlop Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £11.28
x Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £5.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

shakinaces Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £16.26
x Fold        
x Fold        
x Fold        
NiceFlop
Raise   £0.50 £0.95 £10.78
x Fold        
shakinaces Call   £0.25 £1.20 £16.01
Flop

• Q
  • K

NiceFlop Check        
shakinaces Check        
Turn

NiceFlop Check        
shakinaces Check        
River

NiceFlop
Bet   £1.20 £2.40 £9.58
shakinaces Call   £1.20 £3.60 £14.81
NiceFlop Show
  • A
  • J

shakinaces Muck
  • K
  • Q

NiceFlop Win Royal Flush £3.33   £12.91

Comments

• edited February 2013
    You should loose more if you play the hand better.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Nearly one a month...:
    Posted by Curt360x27
    +1 its a mistake to not lose more here.
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah you have to bet the flop and turn.

Pretty sick to flop the royal lol
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by Curt360x27
    Yeah I figured as much - was originally going to post this in the Poker Clinic headed something like 'should I have been going bust here?'

Looking back though, part of me originally toyed with folding because these min-click-backs from players that have been fairly tight so often seem to be hands that have KQ in horrible shape... but anyway...

If I bet the flop he either flats (and I figure it's possibly AA with Ad, good to then keep firing in position, until a 4th diamond or a jack appears... or until I get re-raised and assume he was trapping with a set, straight or flush?) or re-raises (in which case I tend towards a fold?)

Having checked the flop and turn, I would normally figure I was definitely ahead, dunno why I erred against firing here... again though, if I'm raised do I have to fold and figure oppo was trapping? Possibly even easier fold then, because the turn card can't have helped him.

If I've been called all the way down, should I really be value betting the river?

IDK... on that basis I'm not sure I would have lost much more, assuming I fold to a check-raise on any street... but always accepting that I'm like 4 months into trying to learn cash and most of those that post on here are far more skilled than me!

Or is it the case that I should be happy to get it all-in on the flop if I bet and get check-raised?
  • edited February 2013
    How is there 4 to a straight?
  • edited February 2013
    How is there 4 to a straight?
    Posted by ididit14
    What????
  • edited February 2013
    ive had 11, seen 18. seen my first one in a year the other day. but at the same time i seen 3 ina week back in 2008 me hitting 2 in 24 hrs.