You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

AK facing very small cold 4bet from respected oppo - Mid stages DTD3 (potentially a leveled hand)

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I think this hand isn't based on current reads but more history. Kind of a wierd table draw. I'd say of all the people ive played with Greg and Sam would probably be up there with the ones ive played the most. 

So to this hand. We have AK and we've 3bet Sam's UTG raise. Greg then decides to cold 4bet from the SB. This is where it possibly becomes leveled. He knows I'll probably see a cold 4bet as super strong, and he knows I'm capable of 3betting light v Sams range.  However given that the effective stack is only around 25BB I'm not sure he will bluff that often in this spot. 

Its 750 to call, but hes also left lots of fold equity. This is actually my worry, is he trying to leave the door open for my 5bet ship. Or is he leaving it open for him to sigh fold if i 5 bet ship. 

Im just not sure on the best option facing us now. 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
GREGHOGGSmall blind 150.00150.006372.50
phil32Big blind 300.00450.003430.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

samantha25Raise 600.001050.005675.00
DanBarkerFold    
The_Don90Raise 1200.002250.006230.00
frieloFold    
GREGHOGGRaise 1800.004050.004572.50
phil32Fold    
samantha25Fold    
The_Don90????

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Fold reason being you are 3 betting an utg raise who is only playing 9 bigs and you are playing 20 bigs 3 betting an utg raise is quite strong and now he wants 4 bet.  If he jammed it would make life easy to call but its a fold for 2 reasons because hes never going to be bluffing there because of your stack size and utgs stack size and the fact that you have 3 bet an utg raise and he has 4 bet. Opponant is capable of getting out of line but this is never going to be a level hand because of the circumstances i have described.
  • edited February 2013
    i shove

1)Its GregHogg

2) We have AK SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUITED in a tourney...IN
  • edited February 2013
    I'm definitely getting it in. Sometimes we'll be crushed but combinatrics (dunno if that's spelt right) reduces the amount of AAs and KKs he can have, so think we're flipping at worst most of the time + FE + probably dead money in the pot from Sam.
  • edited February 2013
    fold

saying that it's the DTD he could be just messing about - a lot would depend on how he had been playing

• edited February 2013
    Definate fold given circumstances 3 betting an utg raise and now opponant cold 4 bets and with stack sizes hes never ever going to be bluffing in this spot.  Just because opponant is aggresive and capable of mixing it up doesnt mean we have to get it in here with ak circumstances dictate that hes never ever going to be bluffing in this spot.  His range in this spot is jacks minimum and thats being light its probobly qq+ so i think getting it in here would be bad and we can wait for a much better spot especially in a soft tournament we do not need to put our chips in in this spot. Getting it in here would be mental greghogg is agressive but not stupid so dont see why hes ever going to be 4bet bluffing in this spot.