You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

was I right to dump my two beautiful ladies?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
This is the £10k BH last night, my second ever 'big' tournament after busting out of the first one - the UKOPS last december. As you might imagine, I'm playing this one as tight as I can to at least get my first big tourney ITM under my belt. Luckly, I eventually finished 12th, cashing £65 plus £85 head prize, my biggest ever return. Anyway, this hand still bothers me as I struggle to know if I made the correct fold, any comments or feedback will be welcome. 
I wake up from my bed with two beautiful ladies from an early position and I quickly raise 3x, everyone folds but big blind calls. The rest of the action follows below, is this a good or bad fold?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancePlayer ASmall blind 30.0030.007960.00Player BBig blind 60.0090.005670.00 Your hole cardsQQ   RMadrid174Raise 180.00270.008780.00Player CFold    Player DFold    Player EFold    Player AFold    Player BCall 120.00390.005550.00Flop  3KK   Player BBet 390.00780.005160.00RMadrid174Call 390.001170.008390.00Turn  7   Player BAll-in 5160.006330.000.00RMadrid174Fold    Player BMuck    Player BWin 1170.00 1170.00Player BReturn 5160.000.006330.00

Comments

• edited February 2013
    raise the flop
    call shows weakness
    which has been exploited
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: was I right to dump my two beautiful ladies?:
    raise the flop call shows weakness which has been exploited
    Posted by GELDY
    ^^^ This ^^^

I'd say it's very unlikely he's donk leading this flop with trips or better.
  • edited February 2013

Don't raise the flop!!!!!!!!!!!

"Hi player B. I like you, so I'm going to raise the flop so that you can play perfectly against me. If you have nothing, just fold. If you have an underpair, I'll make it really easy for you to just fold it now. If you have a king, here's some free chips. No probz m8 :)"

If he's not donk leading with trips or better, then we are ahead, and he will fold to a raise.

If he is donk leading with trips or better, then we are behind, and are giving away chips for free!
  • edited February 2013
    Don't raise the flop!!!!!!!!!!! "Hi player B. I like you, so I'm going to raise the flop so that you can play perfectly against me. If you have nothing, just fold. If you have an underpair, I'll make it really easy for you to just fold it now. If you have a king, here's some free chips. No probz m8 :)" If he's not donk leading with trips or better, then we are ahead, and he will fold to a raise. If he is donk leading with trips or better, then we are behind, and are giving away chips for free!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    he won't fold to a raise as he has already donk shoved.
    dohhhhhhh

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: was I right to dump my two beautiful ladies? : he won't fold to a raise as he has already donk shoved. dohhhhhhh
    Posted by GELDY

all my above post is regarding the flop.

I dnt think you will find an easier flop call than that 1. All other options (raise/fold) are really bad imo.

fwiw I call turn too.
  • edited February 2013
    Dont raise flop calling is fine raising achieves nothing.  If we raise flop and opponant comes back over top we have to be prepared to get it in as raise folding flop would be a big leak.  So call flop and on turn life is really tough as he is so polarised.  Although in my experience when people overbet jam like this they usually have it so id probly fold its tough tho so dont blame you if you had called either.
  • edited February 2013
    just call flop

flip a coin for turn

always why would someone do that with K then say "O yeah oppo is just very bad or actually really good"

o yeah then walk around the room hitting yourself because you called :D

• edited February 2013
    Thank you all for the comments, it's still difficult to know what would be the best though. 
    The reason I folded is this: I thought i should only be calling this shove if my odds of hitting another Q are better than 6/5 the pot odds, but with those odds so slim, I wouldn't gamble my tourney life. it's 6% of my chips lost in this hand, but hey, thats poker...thanks for all comments. 
  • edited February 2013
    call flop, this deep when you raise and get action you are always getting it in vs a Kx or 33, sometimes jj and under if he is bad. But i call to keep his bluffs/weak value hands(small pairs) in, when he jams turn and being this deep its quite a easy fold, he may have the over played heart draw, but its rather optimistic tbh, good play -- good fold imo.

• edited February 2013
    Call call call

1. why would he overbet jam a king?
    2. FD a7 88 99 1010
    3. u got two KQ blockers ;) haha
    4. just say **** it and call
  • edited February 2013
    I think he binked his 7 and thought he must be ahead, Altho this is a BH and they tend to shove to try and get your bounty lol Im still calling turn tho i think
  • edited February 2013
    im calling all day every day and twice on sundays