You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Attn Sky peeps/players

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
I have a couple of quick questions..

Due to the success of the MEGA STACK on Friday nights (broken it's guarantee every week).

Would it be possible to up the guarantee?

Also if would it be possible to have another one? Say on a sat night?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I voted yes, can't understand why ppl have voted no. Like you said, it always smashes the gty and it will make a change from BH's.........or endless sats for BH's zzzzzzzzzzz
  • edited February 2013
    I haven't voted cos another £5-50 a week is eating into my BR a wee bit but I think theres a very good case for something similar with a £3-30 buy in? And last week the guarantee wasn't just broken it was doubled!
  • edited February 2013
    where and when is this tourny. Been away soo long i dnt wana miss a good one. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Attn Sky peeps/players:
    where and when is this tourny. Been away soo long i dnt wana miss a good one. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Hi m8, this is currently on a Friday night at 8:30. It has a £5.50 buy in and a guarantee of £400 at the moment... 12 min blinds and a starting stack of 10k..
  • edited February 2013
    Why do you want the GTD increased? If you have 100 runners then the PP is £500 it doesn't stay at £400... The only thing that would do is risk Sky losing money if it had a quiet week... 
  • edited February 2013
    Why do you want the GTD increased? If you have 100 runners then the PP is £500 it doesn't stay at £400... The only thing that would do is risk Sky losing money if it had a quiet week... 
    Posted by FlashFlush
    bigger gte might increase interest i guess. 
  • edited February 2013
    All they need to do is see how many runners are in it and they will realise there is more on offer than the GTD
  • edited February 2013
    I like the tourney chubbers and would welcome another one.Hope you get an increase in the guarantee.If you don't ask you don't get.Gl.
  • edited February 2013
    Never played last week i was out, so if you are out one night you can play the next night so good idea IMO.
  • edited February 2013

Cant usually play Friday nights due to other commitments but heard the structure of the tournament is very good...
    Would love it on a different day, I for one would be one extra player every week

• edited February 2013
    Why do you need the GTD increased? If you are doubling it anyway won't make an ounce of difference. Only loser here can be Sky. Waste of there time imo.
  • edited February 2013

Hi Chubs, a big yes from me m8. I can honestly say that Friays are now even better than DTD night, with this MTT and the Orfy.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi all ,

Thanks for all your comments.

To those who pointed out about the guarantee, I can see what you mean and hadn't thought about it in that way (sky worrying it wouldn't hit it's guarantee). I still believe if it was increased to maybe £500 that there would be even higher numbers playing.. Only my opinion though.

Also see flyingdaggs issue to the £5-50 being too much for low BR players, Downside to making it £3-30 is guarantee would be £200/£250 and don't know if it would get the same support...

Anyway thanks again for the comments. Hopefully someone from sky might give this a go?

chubbers.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi all , Thanks for all your comments. To those who pointed out about the guarantee, I can see what you mean and hadn't thought about it in that way (sky worrying it wouldn't hit it's guarantee). I still believe if it was increased to maybe £500 that there would be even higher numbers playing.. Only my opinion though. Also see flyingdaggs issue to the £5-50 being too much for low BR players, Downside to making it £3-30 is guarantee would be £200/£250 and don't know if it would get the same support... Anyway thanks again for the comments. Hopefully someone from sky might give this a go? chubbers.
    Posted by chubbers
    It's the format that is getting the support not the buy in.  I'm not saying it would get the kind of figures that it currently gets but I don't think it would have any trouble making it's guarantee. Everyone i have spoke to while playing it said they loved the format. Whether Sky would be willing to try a cheaper one is another matter.