You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Lobby

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
What on earth is going on in the MTT Lobby?

Any options for if you don't wanna play a timed tourney?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to MTT Lobby:
    What on earth is going on in the MTT Lobby? Any options for if you don't wanna play a timed tourney?
    Posted by Lambert180
    yeah play a bounty hunter cos thats all sky offer!!!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to MTT Lobby:
    What on earth is going on in the MTT Lobby? Any options for if you don't wanna play a timed tourney?
    Posted by Lambert180
    After about 1am it's always like that Paul, there are the odd Freezout guaranteeds that are worth playing though.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Paul,

In terms of the old line up, none of the regular GTD Freezeouts have been removed AFAIK. Some extra GTD Freezeouts were offered for a while as a trial but they didn't prove popular enough, so were taken down. The additional tournaments put in are the ones which historically have been popular with customers around these times.

That said, we are always looking for ways to get more people on site at this time. If you can think of a format or two (along with a rough time where you think there's an opportunity), I am more than happy to pass it upstairs for you.

Cheers,
    Dave.
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Lobby:
    Hi Paul, In terms of the old line up, none of the regular GTD Freezeouts have been removed AFAIK. Some extra GTD Freezeouts were offered for a while as a trial but they didn't prove popular enough, so were taken down. The additional tournaments put in are the ones which historically have been popular with customers around these times. That said, we are always looking for ways to get more people on site at this time. If you can think of a format or two (along with a rough time where you think there's an opportunity), I am more than happy to pass it upstairs for you. Cheers, Dave.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    hey dave can i ask what has happened to the 4 player dym games they have all gone ?

• ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    Hi Paul, In terms of the old line up, none of the regular GTD Freezeouts have been removed AFAIK. Some extra GTD Freezeouts were offered for a while as a trial but they didn't prove popular enough, so were taken down. The additional tournaments put in are the ones which historically have been popular with customers around these times. That said, we are always looking for ways to get more people on site at this time. If you can think of a format or two (along with a rough time where you think there's an opportunity), I am more than happy to pass it upstairs for you. Cheers, Dave.
    Posted by Sky_Dave
     would be nice to see some mtt step tournies and stt step games 

think they will go down really well 

would also like to see more games that allow you to play in live tournies insteed of just have the spt and vagas  ones.. maybe add wpt and a couple others 

also how about running some games to allow players to play in the cash game  chance to be on tv playing would be ok and think people would have a go for it 

• edited February 2013
    Well I'm pretty sure the cash game will have all been filmed by now and I doubt they'll be doing another one for probably 12 months minimum so that ship has sailed for now.

Also I doubt they have the rights/permission to sell (give satellites for) EPT, WPT, UKIPT, GUKPT etc etc events. Plus, even though it generates rake, it's a bit counter productive to promote people playing somewhere not affilliated with Sky.

Gimme a day to think on it Dave then check back on this thread and I'll post my ideas.
  • ckdckd
    edited February 2013
    Well I'm pretty sure the cash game will have all been filmed by now and I doubt they'll be doing another one for probably 12 months minimum so that ship has sailed for now. Also I doubt they have the rights/permission to sell (give satellites for) EPT, WPT, UKIPT, GUKPT etc etc events. Plus, even though it generates rake, it's a bit counter productive to promote people playing somewhere not affilliated with Sky. Gimme a day to think on it Dave then check back on this thread and I'll post my ideas.
    Posted by Lambert180
    yet they give away wsop seat how is that any different ?

ept,wpt these are being played on other sites and running well. sky want to move forward then it should be looked at 

even if the cash game has been filmed it can still be looked at next time 

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Lobby :  would be nice to see some mtt step tournies and stt step games   think they will go down really well would also like to see more games that allow you to play in live tournies insteed of just have the spt and vagas  ones.. maybe add wpt and a couple others   also how about running some games to allow players to play in the cash game  chance to be on tv playing would be ok and think people would have a go for it     
    Posted by ckd
    I guess from the STT Steps you mean something that (in effect) is similar to that DYM challenge 60p to £whatever that is run on the forum? I used to waste way too much time on another site which offered this structure and they were always popular, give the micro players a game that cost them (say) £1 to start and could leave them only a few wins away from bagging £1k+... In turn these may also help to reinvigorate the (non-DYM) STT games on the site? Plus can drag some of the higher-rollers across to the higher buy-ins when they know that some luckboxing micro-stakes players have fluked their way up the steps and made for a soft £500+ STT game!

In a similar vein, I'd quite like to see Sky bring in a 'shootout' tourny, combining STT/MTT, but accept I'm probably a minority that would want to play those... even if the software was capable of running them.