You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb?

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat

With the unveiling as CJ as the new Sky Poker Ambassador, where does this leave Richard Orford's great great Grandad, Tikay?.

He is still listed as an 'offline' ambassador on the poker analysts page and I hope this means he will still be helping out organising the SPT's etc. I can understand why he would wish to take a step back from his on line involvement as he is probably sick of the hassle he unfortunately gets off the minority on here and elsewhere. 

He was, however, always around to answer queries/problems and would of helped out hundreds of Sky Poker players on here. I for one was very grateful of this point of contact if there was ever the need to sort a problem out.

With the closure of the Ask Tikay thread, will there now be a 'Ask CJ' or 'Ask Sky Poker' thread to assist costumers?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    In Response to How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb?:
    With the unveiling as CJ as the new Sky Poker Ambassador, where does this leave Richard Orford's great great Grandad, Tikay?. He is still listed as an 'offline' ambassador on the poker analysts page and I hope this means he will still be helping out organising the SPT's etc. I can understand why he would wish to take a step back from his on line involvement as he is probably sick of the hassle he unfortunately gets off the minority on here and elsewhere.  He was, however, always around to answer queries/problems and would of helped out hundreds of Sky Poker players on here. I for one was very grateful of this point of contact if there was ever the need to sort a problem out. With the closure of the Ask Tikay thread, will there now be a 'Ask CJ' or 'Ask Sky Poker' thread to assist costumers?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    I think it's called "customer care" or "Contact Us" Like they say, problems shouldn't be asked on the forum..

Also, I very much doubt Charlotte will be taking Tikay's role. Don't think she quite has as much experience in all things poker as Tikay does just yet...
  • edited February 2013
    No lightbulbs needed. Enough light is radiated from their fake tans.
  • edited February 2013
    Agree with what Flashflush said, from what i gather she isint doing any shows just playing on Skypoker, I also don't think she will be on the forum lots
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb?:
    Agree with what Flashflush said, from what i gather she isint doing any shows just playing on Skypoker, I also don't think she will be on the forum lots
    Posted by shaun09

So whats the point????
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? :   So whats the point????
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Good question!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? :   So whats the point????
    Posted by pomfrittes
    When you win the Viva Las Vegas package, Maybe she'll be taking care of your bar bill for Sky lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? : When you win the Viva Las Vegas package, Maybe she'll be taking care of your bar bill for Sky lol
    Posted by cleansweep

Well, i can but dream m8.
  • edited February 2013
    With the unveiling as CJ as the new Sky Poker Ambassador, where does this leave Richard Orford's great great Grandad, Tikay?. He is still listed as an 'offline' ambassador on the poker analysts page and I hope this means he will still be helping out organising the SPT's etc. I can understand why he would wish to take a step back from his on line involvement as he is probably sick of the hassle he unfortunately gets off the minority on here and elsewhere.  He was, however, always around to answer queries/problems and would of helped out hundreds of Sky Poker players on here. I for one was very grateful of this point of contact if there was ever the need to sort a problem out. With the closure of the Ask Tikay thread, will there now be a 'Ask CJ' or 'Ask Sky Poker' thread to assist costumers?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Costumers Max? You mean like in the old film credits "Costumes designed by Edith Head"?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? : Costumers Max? You mean like in the old film credits "Costumes designed by Edith Head"?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    lol made my day xx thank you FlyingDagg,the maxally forgot spell check
     :):):)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? : Costumers Max? You mean like in the old film credits "Costumes designed by Edith Head"?
    Posted by FlyingDagg

I obv meant cleints. Is Edith   Richard's sister btw?
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan,

I'm a little busy right now, so I'll try & reply properly to this over the weekend.

The short answer, the regulars will be pleased/disappointed to know (delete as appropriate), is that Charlotte's arrival as Sky Poker Ambassador does not impact in any way on what I already do.

If Charlotte can attend the occasional SPT, she will, but she has many other committments of course, especially with her work at Sky Sports.

All being well - one never knows! - I shall continue to be at the SPT's as usual in the future. I am starting to find them very physically tiring, not surprising given my age, but I get a terrific buzz from SPT's, especially meeting so many friends, & as long as the Business continues to engage me, & ask me to Host them, & I remain able, I will.

I will try & give you more background on the Charlotte appointment in a day or so, & also address the rest of your Post. ("Ask Tikay" etc). For now, no, there will not be an "Ask Charlotte" thread. I dread to think what some may ask....

I really enjoyed doing "Ask Tikay", but I have a number of important Sky Poker projects on my desk these days, & I must give them my focus. If any Community questions arise, & nobody else can assist, I will always try & reply though, & I still  continue to monitor the Forum daily.  

More later.   

• edited February 2013
    does she come with ferrero roches like the ambassador has at all his dinner parties?

she was very good on page 3 of the sun on sunday in her lingerie the other week so from that maybe we can glean she knows her poker, wait, what?
  • edited February 2013
    As long as she knows her ducks, trains and service stations it doesn't matter if she doesn't know much about poker
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to How many ambassadors does it take to change a light bulb? : Hi Alan, I'm a little busy right now, so I'll try & reply properly to this over the weekend. The short answer, the regulars will be pleased/disappointed to know (delete as appropriate), is that Charlotte's arrival as Sky Poker Ambassador does not impact in any way on what I already do.   If Charlotte can attend the occasional SPT, she will, but she has many other committments of course, especially with her work at Sky Sports.   All being well - one never knows! - I shall continue to be at the SPT's as usual in the future. I am starting to find them very physically tiring, not surprising given my age, but I get a terrific buzz from SPT's, especially meeting so many friends, & as long as the Business continues to engage me, & ask me to Host them, & I remain able, I will.   I will try & give you more background on the Charlotte appointment in a day or so, & also address the rest of your Post. ("Ask Tikay" etc). For now, no, there will not be an "Ask Charlotte" thread. I dread to think what some may ask.... I really enjoyed doing "Ask Tikay", but I have a number of important Sky Poker projects on my desk these days, & I must give them my focus. If any Community questions arise, & nobody else can assist, I will always try & reply though, & I still  continue to monitor the Forum daily.   More later.   
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you for the response Tikay. 

Enjoy the show tonight with James. It may not be as good as last Sundays show when you were 'forced' to work with Jules......but at least it aint Orford! :)

• edited February 2013
    220k social media followers, articulate and a well known face.

Seems a pretty good catch for a Sky Poker Ambassador.