You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL100 - Lines/Sizing etc..

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Firstly I think your line looks incredibly bluffy. 

Cbetting this flop is fine and like the sizing. We cbet this flop with all our pocket pairs we 3bet +AK so our story's making sense so far.

The check on the turn really baffles me (unless you turn 10s full) however even with this hand I like a bet. Also think AK/KQ (no heart) all still bet this turn.

When the 4th heart hits and we just seem to mash the 3/4 pot button. Which I'm not a fan off choose your own sizings depending on your objective. It just seems desperate Aheart X (AJ/AQ) should bet that turn card IMO so what do we rep now? 88?

With this line against an unknown at these limits think is call with most flushes (pocket 99swith heart+) and most Ks.

Then again what do I know be interesting to see what some of the higher stakes guys on here think. I put you on a bluff in conclusion 

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Removed my hold cards as just want overall opinion's on my line and sizing etc..
    Feel like a made a couple of mistakes, so would appreiciate some good feedback.
    oppo is a reg at this level and is very likely readless on me, I have just sat down so this is 3rd hand.
    Reg is not one the posts on the forum so may know nothing about me, I can't say for sure.

Ok, so what do you think of my line ?

What can U call with ?

edit: included hole cards now, feel free to comment further
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Janphen1 Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £66.00
    rancid Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £99.00
      Your hole cards

hhamza162 Fold        
    eagle05 Fold        
    ryanson187 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £27.00
    U Raise   £3.00 £5.50 £108.55
    Janphen1 Fold        
    rancid Raise   £8.00 £13.50 £91.00
    ryanson187 Call   £8.00 £21.50 £19.00
    U Call   £6.00 £27.50 £102.55
    Flop

• K
    • K

rancid Bet   £14.00 £41.50 £77.00
    ryanson187 Fold        
    U Call   £14.00 £55.50 £88.55
    Turn

rancid Check        
    U Check        
    River

rancid Bet   £41.63 £97.13 £35.37
    U
  • edited February 2013
    I dont think you'd be 3 betting very light at 100nl 3rd hand in when youve been grinding 10nl since the 19th century lol. AA h ?? Still bet turn. Quads lol??
  • edited February 2013
    cant give advice on betsixing without knowing what hand you have apart from i think you should 3bet bigger pre, 11x or so. can cbet smaller % of the pot as its a 3way pot and its relatively dry board
  • edited February 2013
    cheers Bolly, be nice to hear more vews

@ Ryan - I take it u fold - well depends if oppo knows anything about me doesn't - I'll edit op to say this
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: NL100 - what am I doing:
    cant give advice on betsixing without knowing what hand you have apart from i think you should 3bet bigger pre, 11x or so. can cbet smaller % of the pot as its a 3way pot and its relatively dry board
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Well I am 3 betting polarised, where i think btn could be iso raising but will still call ip with a range that I beat with top of my range

• edited February 2013
    Hard to say without knowing you hand,let me try be a hero and put you on AA with A of hearts.

if not that then AK with A of hearts but im sticking with AA.
  • edited February 2013
    I'd LOVE to see if you'd 3bet pre with 79hh lol. You're more than capable of doing that at 10NL, dunno if you still would at these stakes or not.

I'd want Ah or a boat to be calling you off here tbh
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: NL100 - what am I doing:
    I'd LOVE to see if you'd 3bet pre with 79hh lol. You're more than capable of doing that at 10NL, dunno if you still would at these stakes or not. I'd want Ah or a boat to be calling you off here tbh
    Posted by Lambert180
    hed bet turn tho...
  • edited February 2013
    I kinda knew this wouldn't get much response without the hole cards  :(
  • edited February 2013
    I have the feeling you dont know what to do here, <pot bet on flop, chk turn, then almost pot river!? 

If you bet flop, the sizing does not affect the transparency of you'r hand much although if you were bluffing with the hearts on board you would naturally want to bet slightly bigger(although bluffing tendencies on this board is likely to be 0), but with that being said with a Kx here you want to make it bigger for at least shorties stack imo(not 100% sure if right tho, shortie makes sizing difficult).

Also with the shortie in the hand left to act the reg must feel you are never bluffing here if you c-bet, so checking is absolutely fine imo(may be optimal), by checking-- it will look like you have a wider range, rather than just Ak,KK Kbroadway and poss AA.

The top of the regs range would be JJ imo, broadways, and small pockets, and suited connectors getting more than 3-1 on a call. So you should be betting turn imo even with AA but you may have to b/f, c/f, c/c river sometimes (depending on a few factors).

With a Kx you can definitely get 2 streets of value...(this post is becoming a drag lol)

Bloody hell rancid you have made this hard lol, show ur fooking hand lol

• edited February 2013
     included hole cards now, feel free to comment further
  • edited February 2013
    SPEW!!! imo i dont 3-bet bluff there with a fish in the hand...(not knowing if he is passive/cs etc)

and its ur 3rd hand tut tut lol
  • edited February 2013
    good read by bolly the BALLER ;)
  • edited February 2013
    bolly did get it but sure my check on turn was a mistake, 3 barrels or give up flop might be best

not bothered about the fish, want them to call 3 bets )
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: NL100 - Lines/Sizing etc..:
    bolly did get it but sure my check on turn was a mistake, 3 barrels or give up flop might be best not bothered about the fish, want them to call 3 bets )
    Posted by rancid
    you'r 3 bet pre is pretty bad imo, i 3 bet a lot and i do tons of mistakes BTW but you need a decent idea of success rate, what if fish shoves on you? but knowing this possibility you still need to 3-bet bluff bigger imo, but have a better hand as you may be commited to call shortie if he shoves (not sure on the math tbh).
  • edited February 2013
    I think giving up is fine on turn here once were called on the flop as he isnt folding.  You definately have to barrell river after he checks back turn he will station you off on river with random hearts some of the time here but we definately have to bet. Dont think is good spot to 3 bet oop here if you think you have an ege post flop peel and mess with them on some flops.  Reason why its not a good spot to 3 bet is limper is short stacked playing 27 bigs.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: NL100 - Lines/Sizing etc.. : you'r 3 bet pre is pretty bad imo, i 3 bet a lot and i do tons of mistakes BTW but you need a decent idea of success rate, what if fish shoves on you? but knowing this possibility you still need to 3-bet bluff bigger imo, but have a better hand as you may be commited to call shortie if he shoves (not sure on the math tbh).
    Posted by WHOAMI196

yeah think my mistakes were not 3 betting bigger and then not betting turn imo

your right about the ss though, my initial reaction is they fold loads to 3 bets that short - but not knowing if they call 3 bets most of the time or shove or fold to cbets loads is mistake.

This is why I am posting, felt like I made some mistakes

• edited February 2013
    I think giving up is fine on turn here once were called on the flop as he isnt folding.  You definately have to barrell river after he checks back turn he will station you off on river with random hearts some of the time here but we definately have to bet. Dont think is good spot to 3 bet oop here if you think you have an ege post flop peel and mess with them on some flops.  Reason why its not a good spot to 3 bet is limper is short stacked playing 27 bigs.
    Posted by bearlyther
    I think I should bet turn actually just to fold out some of oppo's range, but in my head if oppo calls turn then I still have to fire river regardless if brick or not , still think I can check turn with a high heart in my range though

Think my sizing on river is bad - should have been slightly smaller imo
  • edited February 2013
    SOUL REAAAAAAAAAAD
  • edited February 2013
    On reflection I think I made so many mistakes, the first and biggest one being pre - doesn't matter what I 3 bet apart from a narrow 4% 3 bet range I am going to be in a world of pain

comments welcome

• edited February 2013
    Not sure what to make of this hand in terms of advice for you Rancid! Interesting how you obscured some info though.

I'm gonna say you got called on the river and lost, maybe to AhXx or QhJx or maybe even QhTx.

Obviously a nasty spot to try and bluff in but I think you know that. Only real insight I can think of is that a bet, check, bet pattern always looks weak/bluffy.
  • edited February 2013
    Not sure what to make of this hand in terms of advice for you Rancid! Interesting how you obscured some info though. I'm gonna say you got called on the river and lost, maybe to AhXx or QhJx or maybe even QhTx. Obviously a nasty spot to try and bluff in but I think you know that. Only real insight I can think of is that a bet, check, bet pattern always looks weak/bluffy.
    Posted by CUFCrp90
    Thanks,  bet/check/bet is not always bluffy - the fact that you think this maybe a reason to do it

More intrested as to how people view my perceived range without hole cards and how that changes with hole cards

Trying to work out how oppo viewed my line considering pre action and bet sizing/line.

Think oppo makes a good call, oppo calls with KJ - J being a heart

result is irrelevant, think I compound my own demise when I decice to 3 bet 96o and then check turn
    Only question I ask is, maybe I should 3 bet a hand like AQ/AJ/KQ with a heart or without and should I still bet turn

Probably just bet turn with everything but still think checking has it's own merits depending on what range oppo flats my 3 bet

so basically just fold pre you numpty )

• edited February 2013
    result is irrelevant.... but what was it :P lol
  • edited February 2013
    result is irrelevant.... but what was it :P lol
    Posted by Lambert180
    oppo calls with KJ - J being a heart

think if oppo did fold i wouldn't have learnt so much from the hand :)

• edited February 2013
    Trying to make this kind of bet is always tempting but once you check turn its to give up. The range he calls flop with you're basically hoping he has some kind of PP without a heart and he cant have that many PP's really. I bet you get called by K's with no heart a lot of the time as well.

Another point of note: If this is above your usual level then you are falling into the trap we all make were you think you have to prove yourself by outplaying people. You start thinking on crazy levels assuming people will be good enough to read what your repping and fold when, in reailty, your opponents will just be playing straight forward vs. you.
  • edited February 2013
    Trying to make this kind of bet is always tempting but once you check turn its to give up. The range he calls flop with you're basically hoping he has some kind of PP without a heart and he cant have that many PP's really. I bet you get called by K's with no heart a lot of the time as well. Another point of note: If this is above your usual level then you are falling into the trap we all make were you think you have to prove yourself by outplaying people. You start thinking on crazy levels assuming people will be good enough to read what your repping and fold when, in reailty, your opponents will just be playing straight forward vs. you.
    Posted by offshoot
    Thanks, noted