You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Hello, you!

Prepare for five hours of fun on channel 861. Here's the line-up:

7pm - Live coverage of a £600 TV Timed Tournament (register HERE)
8pm - The Poker Clinic (please send in your Hand IDs and strategy questions)
9pm - Master Cash action
10pm - Top of the Pots
11pm - Highlights from the £15k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter (register HERE)

We'll also be chatting about the new Sky Poker Cash Game, currently airing on Sky Sports on Tuesday evenings. Have a think about this question...

Which player from the Sky Poker Cash Game would you most/least like to see take a seat in your home game - and why?

Also, having just completed an epic car journey from Deauville to London, I'd like your suggestions for...

The Best Road Trip in the World *

* Yes, I realise I'm opening the door for tikay to talk about motorways and service stations!

Good writing will be rewarded. The four best contributors to tonight's live show will receive FREE entry to Sunday's Mini Primo.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited February 2013
    given that i dont drive i guess i probably dont qualify for tonights quiz.  however since i live on the a7 id recommend it to anyone who would like to go for a drive. a lovley senic route, better than all the motorways. id personally like to invite ryan spittles to any of my home games purely because ive met him and i think hes a real gent. hes not just soneone i could learn off but enjoy time in his company. appoligies for my horrible spacing in this post james, my phone isnt great for posting. 
  • edited February 2013
    James, please remember those who haven't got Sky Sports will be waiting to see the episodes of the Cash Game on 861, so please don't go into too much detail of hands etc.
  • edited February 2013
    We're looking for your hand requests for the poker clinic.... If you've played a hand on a televised table and you'd like to see it on the show tonight, just post the hand id and where it's from and we'll do our best to get it on the telly between 8 & 9!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    James, please remember those who haven't got Sky Sports will be waiting to see the episodes of the Cash Game on 861, so please don't go into too much detail of hands etc.
    Posted by FCHD
    OK, I'll remember not to mention that they all get away in a van at the end.

Whoops!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys, I would most like to see rob young turn up at my home game as he has too much money, gets involved in every hand and NEVER has it.

I'd least like to see Neil Channing to turn up as he is a nit and would bore me to death with his pointless chit chat.

Have a good show guys, and see you at spt London
  • edited February 2013
    My best rd trip is from my house to villa park ( only 5 miles away) as I'm really happy and full of hope and optimism that we will win and get 3 poins.

The worst journey is on the way back, when we have played terrible and got beat AGAIN!!!
  • edited February 2013
    Best Road trip

I would like to do the Vietnam trip on my Scooter , like they did on Top Gear a couple of years ago.

Would be epic :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I wouldn't like to see any of those involved in the cash game at  my gaff, because the buy-in would obviously be to high for me if they are playing and i'd end up drinks-walla.
     2 rd trips for me- pacific coastal highway on my honeymoon on a harley,including watching the world superbikes at Laguna Seca. The other was riding a 1000km's in one day on my R6 yamaha to my parentns house in France, from England. Everything ached cos my bike is designed for race tracks not comfort.
  • edited February 2013
    The person from the Sky Poker Cash game I would most like at a home game is Sam Razavi.  He is very entertaining and as I have a friend who never shuts up it would be a good competition between the two to see who could talk the most.  The person I would least like at a home game is Sam Razavi.  He is too good and would take all of our money and not worry about it!

The road trip I would most like to take is driving on a Harley down the length of route 66.  Stopping off at as many of the drive ins and dives that frequent that stretch of tarmac and seeing if I can find the impossible, culture in America!

Have run everyone and run well
  • edited February 2013
    Nice to see a loving couple together on TV for Valentine Day!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi James and old bloke

Dont have sky sports, so waiting to see ep1 of the cash game, but would love to play against any of them, I wouldnt win much, but could learn so much from just being there.

As for a road trip, it would have to take in:
    San Francisco - to see the 49ers at home,
    Las Vegas - Duh, obviously
    Chicago - Sweet home...
    Boston - To see the red sox at home,
    and finally NY, just as i have never been there.

Have a great show

Ilera
  • edited February 2013
    Hopefuly see you in the late part of the show guys, qualified for tonights main event for the bargin price of £50.

Only paid 151%  
  • edited February 2013
    The Best Road Trip in the World *
    Well i don't know about the world, but the Horse shoe pass in north wales
    is a wonderfull drive.

But maybe i have picked this because i have had to many horse/beef burgers.

Route 66 is the one i would like to do.

Which player from the Sky Poker Cash Game would you most/least like to see take a seat in your home game - and why?

I think i would invite scousered, i don't know him but he seems to be 
    a nice and helpful lad.

• edited February 2013
    Can you play hand 622297516from the timed please. 
    Question, should i re-raise the lead on the flop, or is the call the correct play. And should i avoid losing more, or should i lose more on the river? 
  • edited February 2013
    622297324 - Would you look at this from the TV Timed tonight? Have I got max out of this? I'm not betting the river as I'm only getting called when I'm beat I think. Be good to get both of your views. Cheers.
  • edited February 2013

Just got knocked out of a satelite for the main event. 4 qualified 5.th got £23.  I was second short stacked. Short stacked went in with KJ. I went all in with JJ then big stack called with KK. 4 left. I'm out. Hey ho that's poker but thought I'd get half of £23 but no I'm 6th with nothing - why?
    - sorry to sound like a bad loser! 

Great show by the way. 

alan Draycott Evju

• edited February 2013

hi guys can you show this hand please?...ownage!

Hand History #622332655 (20:25 14/02/2013

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show - with James & tikay (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    hi guys can you show this hand please?...ownage! Hand History #622332655 (20:25 14/02/2013
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi davey, where is this hand from?
  • edited February 2013
    hi guys great show as allways, best road trip:
    Alaska's Seward Highway, There are no billboards here, no tollbooths, few towns, and fewer gas stations,
    just pure scenery.

and for tikay the best train ride (in my opinion) The Bergen Line, Norway This adventure over northern Europe’s loftiest railway is so precipitate that the train has five braking systems. It passes fjords, glaciers and snow-capped peaks on its way from Oslo to Bergen; it loops through a spiral tunnel in mountain rock and at its highest point crosses the ­glacial wastelands of Europe’s largest ­mountain plateau

have a great night.
  • edited February 2013
    Quick question:

When the new software does finally appear ( i am a software dev so know full well not announcing dates in advance), will it still have a web interface? Or alternatively will there be a linux client for those of us that dont use windows?

Enjoying the show as always
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info, great to hear web interface will always stay.

Have to ask, does Tikay write those adverts for a certain phone company where Kevin Bacon just makes up random connections between stuff?
  • edited February 2013
    Erm, im not from chicago, it was a referene to the song from blues brothers, disappointed in you ;)

Im guessing the heinz reference is to do with Wayne Buffet buying them?

Ps is it me, or is this forum a bit empty tonight?
  • edited February 2013
    Erm, im not from chicago, it was a referene to the song from blues brothers, disappointed in you ;) Im guessing the heinz reference is to do with Wayne Buffet?
    Posted by Ilera
    Hi tokay - reference must be to Berkshire Hathaway buying Heinz!

• edited February 2013
    sorry james i have 1 more train journey for tikay:

Qinghai, China to Lhasa, Tibet You need emergency oxygen and your signature on a health registration card to travel, such are the altitudes reached by the new Qingzang railway. As the train climbs up 5,000m on its 2,703-mile trek, temperatures plummet so drastically that the water in the toilets has to be heated to prevent it freezing. This section is the world’s highest track and much of it is laid over permafrost.

have graet night.
  • edited February 2013
    haha thanks tikay and james. 

Tikay you didn't bok me crippling hand was literally seconds before you said i was still in. :) AJ v KQs both 10ish BB so standard stuff. 

After my butchery in the timed i feel i played well, and got rediculously lucky in one spot, shoving 67 into A6 BvB hitting a straight. 
  • edited February 2013
    Just to say. - I love this show!

Makes me chortle.

Not as much as the Monkey Hanger Hartlepool show I grant you, but still amusing.
  • edited February 2013
    Nice to see you remember James.

lol.
  • edited February 2013

James  great show,im sitting here PMSL,,, , But your head must be nipping, sitting listening to the old gent, ranting on.
    there must be a nursing home near by, you could put him in.

• edited February 2013
    james surely now has record for corpsing twice for same story on 2 different occassions, tho this time without joe and jen looking bemused.
  • edited February 2013

Congratulations to ILERA, MS-TREE, MOHICAN and CENACHAV who win free entry in to Sunday night's mini primo!