You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Every Don has its day

1161718192022»

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Main event and a little fun

So this is a sort of dual day update, Start with yesterday. College was good had another essay feedback meeting, went well, very good feedback on how I debated my points just a couple of little errors, just need to explain the facts behind my opinion better although the tutor did say the facts where there to be seen. So positives to take from it. 

Poker i deposited for main and mini packages having sold 50% of the main £38.50 deposit to cover both mtts. Some will look and think crude words but was money i knew I was willing to risk so its fine. Main went meh started well got upto around 6k before i flopped TPGK in a spot where sets and two pairs where unlikely by the turn I'd peeled BB with AJ, AQT flop, checked round on flop SB lead pot on turn and river with QJ BTN who opened had 44 called down, 4 was the turn card. From there i was back at 4.5k or so. Opened K3 on button BB flatted KT3 flop he had KT. V some opponents I could have folded turn but this guy was pretty aggro spewy so felt my two pair was gonna be good more than enough of the time. Cash alongside was going meh, -2 buy ins finnish there. The mini was the saving grace small cash +£11 in heads, for around about £18 total cash. Made a mistake on the bubble which left me with the shorties and going spot dead had to just go with equity in the end. I was debating withdrawing the mini cash as not to effect results showing but would just go into my driving fund anyways so kept it in.

Onto today morning driving lesson went very well, still a couple of things to iron out but instructor very happy with how I'm adjusting to situations and developing my driving ability. She reckons one more lesson on junctions before moving on, looking at tighter junctions next time. 

2hrs 15 mins played (cash)
    +11.41
    Current Bankroll: £242.05
    Total Profit: £42.05
    Withdrawn: £0.00  

• edited November 2015
    When theres a will theres a way

So today was the day, grand prix, some fm, some pokers and an essay to write that ive been putting off for ages. Actually mixed with getting to spend quality time with the weeman been a pretty complete day. 

Starting with the essay, was very worried it was gonna write unbalanced, struggle to get the word count right etc. Anyways once i got started it came together very nicely. Really pleased with how it came out, hope the tutor agrees imo the best essay i've written since returning to education. Although part of that was from feedback from last tutor in a diff subject giving me some good pointers about construction of the essay. 

FM i wont go into too much detail, just left January of season 6, now trying to revive Blackpool doing well so far. 

Grand Prix was meh.

Weeman time is always brilliant sat and watched night at the museum with him until he started falling asleep.

Poker, invested 2 hours tonight would have gone longer but need a bath and up at 6 so cant take the full benefit of the points boost, was also very hit and miss to if i could make the 500 points to get to the next rakeback jump anyways, was 189 short at standing there and that means it would be very very tight. Anyways session was good to start, awful middle and a strong end. Played some of the best poker I have in a long time and please with it, couple of spots i want to review but ill do that another time. 

Today also marks the first week since starting the challenge ive made my hours target. 10 hours 15 mins by my working out on Sky with a further 30 mins on Unibet. Its also assisted in dragging me into a profitable month. Profits do need to increase slightly if im to reach the target i need, have 14 weeks to reach the £210 goal for next set of lessons (have 10 already in the isa) which means continueing this kind of volume. 

2hrs played
    +3.52
    Current Bankroll: £245.57
    Total Profit: £45.57
    Withdrawn: £0.00  
  • edited April 2016
    Update

Ok so felt it was about time i gave an update here. Please excuse the lack of updates but I feel completely out of love with poker and was no longer enjoying the game, as a result I've sort of kept my distance. I will play again, i won't denie i do miss it, but any further poker playing will be on my terms and not trying to grind out like the big boys. Respect to them, but I just can't do that stuff. 

Anyways more positive news, I'll start by saying wee had a new baby at the start of February, baby Leia is healthy and full of life. Weeman is being a terror but given his age and the new baby being in the house i guess thats expected.

College has been abit hit and miss been pretty ill last few months so missed alot of classes, currently on Easter break so trying my hardest to catch up while doing assignments, not that id pass those assignments anyways without catching up. Overall though its going very well, college has been understanding of whatever illness this is (just cant drag myself to the doctors to find out, i know its for the best but typical thinking the worst bs). 

From college I applied for 3 universities to study politics just before my exam leave, application was handed in on closing date due to some modifications i needed to make to the personal statement. Out of the 3 i applied for i managed to bag a 100% offer rate, all were conditionals but i expected nothing more. I've accepted Edinburgh as my firm offer were i need ABB and ive accepted Stirling as my insurance choice requireing BBB. Dundee was the third choice but wasn't even sure I would have accepted that if it was the only offer due to travel time, and requirements were the same as Edinburgh.

I'd like to thank those here, and elsewhere but read here that have supported me and encouraged me to keep going, even through this illness the consearn of a couple of people has helped me get in and make days were I really haven't felt upto it, but thats meaning im not as far behind as i could have been. 

For now, Don out.
  • edited April 2016
    Cmon the Don
    glglglglglglglgl