You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Standard?

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic

Is my hand a bit face up when I shove turn? Could I or should I of done anything different? 

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
RyanC7Small blind £1.00£1.00£230.20
zingBig blind £2.00£3.00£198.00
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

BrownnDogFold    
BULLYN1Fold    
launderRaise £8.00£11.00£189.00
teetonmillCall £8.00£19.00£361.90
RyanC7Raise £26.00£45.00£204.20
zingFold    
launderCall £19.00£64.00£170.00
teetonmillCall £19.00£83.00£342.90
Flop

RyanC7Bet £44.00£127.00£160.20
launderFold    
teetonmillCall £44.00£171.00£298.90
Turn

RyanC7All-in £160.20£331.20£0.00
teetonmillCall £160.20£491.40£138.70
RyanC7Show
  • K
  • A

teetonmillShow
  • Q

River

teetonmillWinTwo Pairs, 9s and 4s£489.60 £628.30

Comments

• edited February 2013
    well isnt that grim, taking a shot and get bummed by somone calling a bet with Q9o

UL
  • edited February 2013
    what did u think he had here u shud have slowed down and saved money
  • edited February 2013
    Never heard of this villain but looking at how he played the hand he is calling down whatever you do and we really don't want to give up on our holding with so much equity....
    Meh, just find him again in the early hours and I'm sure you'll recoup and then some....unlucky
  • edited February 2013
    Suppose oppo isn't folding so check turn hope oppo checks behind and you catch

shoving is bad because it's hard to say if you have any FE
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard?:
    what did u think he had here u shud have slowed down and saved money
    Posted by reeler
    Thought he was set mining. If he had 66/99 then he had them lol. Thought 8s hands like that would fold and even if they called I had so much equity.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard? : Thought he was set mining. If he had 66/99 then he had them lol. Thought 8s hands like that would fold and even if they called I had so much equity.
    Posted by RyanC7

You have not a lot of equity, may even be drawing dead.
    shove is bad, unless oppo folds 50% of the time or something
    If you don't know if oppo will fold then then semi bluff is bad

But what do I know, right !

it's a very narrow range of hands that you want to fold out, they could even hold draws that you beat
    Do you think you would carry more weight with a crai on turn or just get there
  • edited February 2013
    Doing anything other then shoving turn would be horrendous imo.

Villain is going to have lots of stuff that we 'should' make fold and we still win a decent amount of the time when we are called (and not facing a FH)
  • edited February 2013
    Doing anything other then shoving turn would be horrendous imo. Villain is going to have lots of stuff that we 'should' make fold and we still win a decent amount of the time when we are called (and not facing a FH)
    Posted by NColley

not knowing if oppo will fold is the bad bit, what perentgae of the time do we get called

do we actually want to fold out some of the range that we beat

• edited February 2013
    well isnt that grim, taking a shot and get bummed by somone calling a bet with Q9o UL
    Posted by bolly580
    I got bummed by the bum. But against launder I am the bum - QQ v AA all in pre biiiiiiiiiiink Queen :)
  • edited February 2013

A table gets going when a player turns up whos fold button doesnt work properly.

So if you are lucky enough to have a player at your table that fold button doesnt work properly, what should you do?

• edited February 2013
    A table gets going when a player turns up whos fold button doesnt work properly. So if you are lucky enough to have a player at your table that fold button doesnt work properly, what should you do?
    Posted by ajs4385

sit out HU more?
  • edited February 2013
    Sigh, why did you show result OP?

We haven't been given any reads, we don't know that villain is a calling station without seeing that he's called off here with Q9.

lol beaneh's back, brace yourself.
  • edited February 2013
    A table gets going when a player turns up whos fold button doesnt work properly. So if you are lucky enough to have a player at your table that fold button doesnt work properly, what should you do?
    Posted by ajs4385
    Not shove a hi im guessing lollol
  • edited February 2013
    Sigh, why did you show result OP? We haven't been given any reads, we don't know that villain is a calling station without seeing that he's called off here with Q9. lol beaneh's back, brace yourself.
    Posted by NColley
    Ignore the result but you can't ignore the fact that op has got no reads

The desicion to shove turn or not should be based on the percentage of the time oppo folds alongside op equity in the hand.

If op think oppo will fold 90% of the time then ya ok - shove is good
    readless imo the shove is bad, unless you just like to gamble )

As this is 200nl and it's pretty obvious who the regs are, why would you shove versus an unknown with no reads.

Sometimes giving advise on this forum is like banging your head against a brick wall ) bit like shoving this spot !
    Think IDCU did have a point, if you ain't a high profile player then no one cares what you say )
  • edited February 2013
    For me the biggest mistake you have made in this pot is pre! OOP vs a 4x and a call you need to make it more like £32! If not your just going to be called in both spots often and put into tough decisions down the streets! Ideally you want to get it HU vs the unknown or 5bet shove vs Launder as your 3Bet could be perceived as a squeeze and plays decent vs Launders 4bet range in this spot!

As played, think you have to shove turn as he does show up with small Pps/straight draw/ Lower FD and fold a % of the time and when he calls with a hand like he has you still have decent equity to bink
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard? : Not shove a hi im guessing lollol
    Posted by RyanC7
    No I dont mind it at all, as he folds utter garbage he has called flop with. He calls with worse and even when we are behind majority of time you have got fd and two overs to hit.

As for reads. Absolutley no exscuse for basic reads unless your pi$$ed.

Most basic and most important is how many tables is he on. East to tell on sky as a small site. If hes on one  or two assume hes loose passive. If hes on 4+ assume he is a reg who knows what he is doing

When looking for tables, sit on tables where there are players who are only playing one table. If the table is full of multi tablers leave.

The guys who make the most money on here are not always the best players its the ones who have the biggest edge in the games they play.

If you are the second worst poker player on the planet and only play the worst. You will make money.

If you are the second best poker player on the planet and only play the best. You will lose money.

Easy game.
  • edited February 2013
    If you cant beat/exploit the multi tablers then the only aim is to bumhunt lol? How can you improve if your constantly playing fish and not taking shots against good players - if you lose you learn something, drop down, grind and try again? Despite those thoughts I still try and bumhunt from time to time as its much more profitable. But in order to progress and aim to play higher surely it would be moe effective to try and beat the people who are already there?
  • edited February 2013
    If you cant beat/exploit the multi tablers then the only aim is to bumhunt lol? How can you improve if your constantly playing fish and not taking shots against good players - if you lose you learn something, drop down, grind and try again? Despite those thoughts I still try and bumhunt from time to time as its much more profitable. But in order to progress and aim to play higher surely it would be moe effective to try and beat the people who are already there?
    Posted by RyanC7

just sit out until a drooler sits then use them to pay your mortgage innit.
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by RyanC7

If you want to earn money in life you got to find people who are spending money.

If you are a teacher, plasterer, poker player or bin man.

eg when a teacher looks for a job he will bum hunt a school thats offering to spend money on teachers not one that want the teachers to work for free.

If 6 equally skilled pros are playing each other on a table they all lose cos of rake and cant feed their families.

Majority of pros on here look for people who are spending money. Ones who are most concerned at this are all the ones sat hu. I would do it but cant be bothered waiting.

A low % of regs think they are superstars outhinking other pros. But they are seriously dillusional. They are not superstars thats proven by the fact they play 100nl on Sky poker lol.

Back to my original point, whatever you do in life in you want to earn money at whatever proffesion you choose to take up. You have to find people/organisations who are spending money.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard? : just sit out until a drooler sits then use them to pay your mortgage innit.
    Posted by beaneh
    Yeh but this is why Gliterbabe cant progress from 50nl ?? Doesnt try to improve?? Settled it??
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard? : Yeh but this is why Gliterbabe cant progress from 50nl ?? Doesnt try to improve?? Settled it??
    Posted by RyanC7

they still haven't realised that nor do they have a competitive bone in their body

as ajs so well highlights, they just sit waiting for free money and the concept of this being an actual strategy game is lost on them.

delusional really is the word.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard? : If you want to earn money in life you got to find people who are spending money. If you are a teacher, plasterer, poker player or bin man. eg when a teacher looks for a job he will bum hunt a school thats offering to spend money on teachers not one that want the teachers to work for free. If 6 equally skilled pros are playing each other on a table they all lose cos of rake and cant feed their families. Majority of pros on here look for people who are spending money. Ones who are most concerned at this are all the ones sat hu. I would do it but cant be bothered waiting. A low % of regs think they are superstars outhinking other pros. But they are seriously dillusional. They are not superstars thats proven by the fact they play 100nl on Sky poker lol. Back to my original point, whatever you do in life in you want to earn money at whatever proffesion you choose to take up. You have to find people/organisations who are spending money.
    Posted by ajs4385
    If 6 equally skilled pros are playing each other on a table they all lose cos of rake and cant feed their families.
    why would u  have the dinner money on the table lol
    only kiddin know what ya mean
  • edited February 2013
    For me the biggest mistake you have made in this pot is pre! OOP vs a 4x and a call you need to make it more like £32! If not your just going to be called in both spots often and put into tough decisions down the streets! Ideally you want to get it HU vs the unknown or 5bet shove vs Launder as your 3Bet could be perceived as a squeeze and plays decent vs Launders 4bet range in this spot! As played, think you have to shove turn as he does show up with small Pps/straight draw/ Lower FD and fold a % of the time and when he calls with a hand like he has you still have decent equity to bink
    Posted by UEA_pro
    The above makes a lot of sense. This is the most logical analysis of the hand that I've read. Not bad for a first post on the forum, must be pretty happy with that?!
    To answer a question from the OP - Yes, I do think the jam on the turn turns your hand face up. I don't imagine you will be mixing your value hands into that betting line, especially when you are taking a shot?
    I couldn't agree more with UEA_pro's pre-flop analysis, and I've made the same mistake in a few hands. Given the way it was played though, I like your flop play. I like betting between 70-85 on the turn and calling off if he jams. I think this increases his fold equity a lot, which is obv preferable.
    Thoughts on this?
  • edited February 2013

wow teeton mill won me  a stack of cash. sure he won the hennessey good racehorse