You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Best party tunes of the last five years?

edited February 2014 in The Rail
Give me a hand here folks - got a party coming up soon and I am sort of picking up DJ responsibilites. Suggestions of tunes welcomed. It's a mixed crowd, so all sorts of genres are up for grabs; urban, pop, indie, rock, etc. Typical ages of the folks going 25-40, equal split of men and women (yeah, I know - semi-brag).

Let me know what you think. Oh, and no Take That. I refuse.

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Les Miserables at the end of the day and on my own lolololol
  • edited February 2013
    I was thinking of just playing lots of Lana Del Rey and getting home early ;)
  • edited February 2013
    A song that always gets people up and dancing.i,m gonna run away from you, Its a northern soul song, :):) enjoy,a girl singer but cannot remember her name,will get back to you when i have looked up the name
  • edited February 2013
    Tami Lynn is the singer
  • edited February 2013
    Slap on william orbit.Adagio for strings.Failin that,any thin by oasis.
    Edit,these are older than 5 years ago,but theyre class.
    In last 5 years,biffy clyro
  • edited February 2013
    Last five years? Kinda rules out all my Chas 'n' Dave recommendations!
  • edited February 2013
    Specific party tunes I think your looking at Party Rock Anthem, Gangnam Style, Cha Cha Slide and Don't Stop Believing. If it's a disco/party type thing then I guess stuff like We Found Love, Give Me Everything, Dirty and Moulin Rouge (not sure of title but you'll know the song!) will go down well. Flo Rida - Good Feeling is another one especially as it was used on a TV advert for First Choice holidays will be well known. The biggest dance tune of the last few years must surely be Avicci - Levels but some of your crowd probably won't relate to that. Other tunes I dont think you can go wrong with are things like Sexyback, Starships and On The Floor. As much as it's cheesy pop The Wanted - Glad You Came will go down well with most of the crowd I guess as would Gaga - Just Dance. Going back a few years Livin on a Prayer and Dancing Queen would also go down well at this sort of event I guess.

Hope this helps! If it's possible some run good on the tables would be great! ;)
  • edited February 2013
    rod stewarts, some guys have all the luck,is a good dance tune
  • edited February 2013
    Last five years - you'll be struggling unless you like X Factor music !
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Best party tunes of the last five years?:
    A song that always gets people up and dancing.i,m gonna run away from you, Its a northern soul song, :):) enjoy,a girl singer but cannot remember her name,will get back to you when i have looked up the name
    Posted by paige55
    Classic - love it :-)
  • edited February 2013
    livin on a prayer (bon jovi) followed by dont stop me now (queen) and then paradise by the dash board light (meatloaf) will have the place rocking and the last one is that long you will have time for a couple of pints :-)
  • edited February 2013
    Specific party tunes I think your looking at Party Rock Anthem, Gangnam Style, Cha Cha Slide and Don't Stop Believing. If it's a disco/party type thing then I guess stuff like We Found Love, Give Me Everything, Dirty and Moulin Rouge (not sure of title but you'll know the song!) will go down well. Flo Rida - Good Feeling is another one especially as it was used on a TV advert for First Choice holidays will be well known. The biggest dance tune of the last few years must surely be Avicci - Levels but some of your crowd probably won't relate to that. Other tunes I dont think you can go wrong with are things like Sexyback, Starships and On The Floor. As much as it's cheesy pop The Wanted - Glad You Came will go down well with most of the crowd I guess as would Gaga - Just Dance. Going back a few years Livin on a Prayer and Dancing Queen would also go down well at this sort of event I guess. Hope this helps! If it's possible some run good on the tables would be great! ;)
    Posted by BUFC
    Is the origional of that Avicci or is it the other way around? 
  • edited February 2013
    Specific party tunes I think your looking at Party Rock Anthem, Gangnam Style, Cha Cha Slide and Don't Stop Believing. If it's a disco/party type thing then I guess stuff like We Found Love, Give Me Everything, Dirty and Moulin Rouge (not sure of title but you'll know the song!) will go down well. Flo Rida - Good Feeling is another one especially as it was used on a TV advert for First Choice holidays will be well known. The biggest dance tune of the last few years must surely be Avicci - Levels but some of your crowd probably won't relate to that. Other tunes I dont think you can go wrong with are things like Sexyback, Starships and On The Floor. As much as it's cheesy pop The Wanted - Glad You Came will go down well with most of the crowd I guess as would Gaga - Just Dance. Going back a few years Livin on a Prayer and Dancing Queen would also go down well at this sort of event I guess. Hope this helps! If it's possible some run good on the tables would be great! ;)
    Posted by BUFC
    Lots of good recommendations in there - Levels is a great track too :)

You get bonus points for latching on to that bit in the title about the last five years too!
  • edited February 2013
       3rd in the 10 oclock freeroll with 30000 chips earlier today when i got a urgent phone call and had to shoot out to pick someone up.When i got back i were on the final table with about 3000 ! So my song will have to be "tears for souvenirs", by Ken Dodd

:(
  • edited February 2013
    FIVE YEARS PEOPLE!!!

Although there were some good tunes in there ;)
  • edited February 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQPsb8cPiDY

JUST PLAY THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

i actually think i love samantha barks. this isnt even funny. I always love the people who I'll probably never meet
  • edited February 2013
    i understand this isnt a party tune. but i love her. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. I NEEDED TO SHARE IT SOMEWHERE
  • edited February 2013
    pls dont ban me
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Best party tunes of the last five years? : Lots of good recommendations in there - Levels is a great track too :) You get bonus points for latching on to that bit in the title about the last five years too!
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    I challenge you to play levels, followed by Good feelin, and see if the crowd notice the change in song ;)

Labirinth(spelling?) dont know why but really got listening to him lately. 

Also dont think you can go wrong with example. 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Best party tunes of the last five years? : I challenge you to play levels, followed by Good feelin, and see if the crowd notice the change in song ;).  Labirinth(spelling?) dont know why but really got listening to him lately.  Also dont think you can go wrong with example. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Haha, that's happening - glad to see I'm not the only one who has thought that in the past. Mind you, they both sample Etta James, so not surprising ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Rudimental "Not giving in" featuring John Newman and Alex Clare, absolute classic track and video on you tube.Also Deadmau5 featuring Kaskade "i Remember" to chill /end the evening.