You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Sunday Night Live show thread- with Rich and Reds. (+ MTT seats to be won)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hey guys

61st / 287 at time of writing, bit card dead but limping along, still a long way to go to cash but fun so far.
  • edited February 2013
    I'm a part-time English Language teacher and was working at a summer school for foreign teenagers this year.

At the end of the four weeks we had the final assembly and the students had a bit of a surprise in store for us. I was a bit chuffed that in their free time my grammar class had decided to create awards for their favourite teachers and had made decorated plates for us in their arts and crafts lessons.

What a great teacher I must have been I thought smugly, to have inspired a group of moody French to care about learning English. My award came first, written proudly in different paints "The most niciest techer". I'd been teaching them comparatives all week. 

Different career needed?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Live show thread- with Rich and Reds. (+ MTT seats to be won):
    What's the most notable thing you've ever won in a competition? I won a cinema ticket after sending in an STI sample for testing ! I never used the ticket, because it felt a little bit dirty. L uckil y I came back clean - hurrah! :)
    Posted by Llamas
    quite funny that one i would give you a prize for sleeping with your partner (joke we love you paul ) x x :) 
  • edited February 2013
    Evening gents, the most interesting raffle I won was in the local boozer,every saturday there was a draw for a sunday lunch leg of lamb and such, one sunday the local clown did the draw well he pulled my ticket and went to get my prize the next thing the pubs in uproar he brought in my prize which was a chicken dinner the only problem was that the chicken was live and was causing mayhem flapping round everywhere it was eventually caught and retired to a local allotment
  • edited February 2013
    hi guys great show so far good to see redmond on show best player on here by far and orford your just there as usual which int the best but yeah (jokes) and i once entered goldenballs on television and all game i tried to tell as many lies as i could but also keep every1 else thinking i was truthfull and i got 2 final 2 and the other person was an older lady so i fort easy money kept a straight face in final round and we both ended up stealing so we walked away with nothing i was gutted over the next few days and then i just fort it what i deserved and just think to this day (not i hate her :)
  • edited February 2013

Hand History #623562404 (21:48 17/02/2013)

a hand from the primo

opponent said it was "a crazy call pre"..
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Live show thread- with Rich and Reds. (+ MTT seats to be won):
    What's the most notable thing you've ever won in a competition? I won a cinema ticket after sending in an STI sample for testing ! I never used the ticket, because it felt a little bit dirty. L uckil y I came back clean - hurrah! :)
    Posted by Llamas
    Having worked in a "clinic", I think that regular MOTs in that department is as important as having one from a GP.

And the cinema tickets were an insentive for people to get tested. Not that there should be an insentive for people to go these days.

• edited February 2013

hi rich, reds....

too early?

JACKPOT 22:13 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 227 440 110    
    left 69 115 12    

Jibbz 12 37      
    pokarito 15 40      
    EvilPingu 20 39      
    lovejunky 23 102      
    hurst05 24 103      
    anjie1970 30 41      
    Dazwolf90 36 5      
    madeyeII 37 50      
    biggirl 38 8      
    bolly580 44 91      
    littleor1 45 84      
    c_ekland 65 9      

• edited February 2013

hi guys you say flushs are so rare to get well on a cash table today one villian must have a good luck charm because twice he hit a flush when i was holding a set on the flop

• edited February 2013

Eve guys. I did get through that roller sat in the end. I was only playing in it out of tilt would you believe and played a bit more aggro than I usually play.
    I bubbled a late sat for the primo after being CL with 4 left, 3 seats! So I was just trying to build my stack up as much as I could so I could sit back and not miss out again. I also bubbled last night's all in sat for the roller....so another bubble in this would of meant me buying a new pc!

• edited February 2013
    Quick update

Struggled along after getting AK nuked by Q2o, finally ended up with QT with up and down str8, they hit  str8 on river, out in 95th / 440 runners, 43 places shy of the cash. Was fun while it lasted, but capped off a very bad losing weekend for me, onward and upward next week. Was it a stupid play?

Any chance of a usual shoutout for the DTD tomorrow night?

Great show as always guys.
  • edited February 2013
    evening guys good to see redmond very good player and i once entered a raffle and there was lost of good electric goods there and some other rather standard stuff so i fort why not and bort a tenners worth of tickets and was feel rather lucky that day and i got one shouted out was quite happy tbh seen as though there was still an holiday and flash tv up for grabs turns out i win a colouring book was gutted lol :)
  • edited February 2013
    I once won a DVD player in a pub raffle. 

Got a phone call to go and pick it up and when I got a back home a few hours (and a few drinks) later my TV had been stolen so I had no use for the DVD player

just my luck!
  • edited February 2013
    hi rich reds great show

wee question for redmond i played tournys for about 3 years always had a great record in stt and mtts and last year i decided i wanted to move to cash as thats where most poker players need to be. Anyway ive learnt cash and feel i do well at it now after first few months of just losing money while learning to adjust. on the flip side tho my mtt results have just disappeard is this due to paying more attention to cash or my cash game has changed my approach to tournys?

what do you do to not only be great at cash but also crush tournys?

thanks drrungood
  • edited February 2013
    Evening Rich and Red

Good chat re. teams. I'll definitely be up for joining one if anyone will have me!

My SPT qualification challenge begins next week but I will buy in direct if possible.... so everyone beware!

Reece

• edited February 2013
    JACKPOT 22:58 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 227 440 110    
    left 32 49 3    

EvilPingu 15 25      
    lovejunky 21 24      
    Dazwolf90 24 11      

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: The Sunday Night Live show thread- with Rich and Reds. (+ MTT seats to be won) : Can i borrow this for a weekend? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    You can.  It may bit a bit, errrr, damaged though ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to CLEANSWEEP, ICE_TIGER, SPINKSY and BECKSYBOO who win free entry in to Tuesday night's mini at 8.15pm!
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to CLEANSWEEP , ICE_TIGER , SPINKSY and BECKSYBOO who win free entry in to Tuesday night's mini at 8.15pm!
    Posted by Sky_Louis

thank you :)xx BB
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to CLEANSWEEP , ICE_TIGER , SPINKSY and BECKSYBOO who win free entry in to Tuesday night's mini at 8.15pm!
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    + a big thank you from me too