You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

COLLUSION at its best

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
cash bubble for 88.00 of a 5k bh sat player 1 in bb with 55 (or so he says) player 2 in sb with bout 16k only 1k or less 4 her to call and put him all in and this happens, 

player1> plz fold 
player 2> k10
player 1> 55
player 1 has won the hand 

then i bubble 2 hands later !! opinions pls

Comments

• edited February 2013
    about time you did something about this sky..... what more do you need to ban these people
  • edited February 2013
    cant be allowed to go on, how can they say this in a chat box for all to see. people are leaving the site for less reasons than this. C'MON SKY, sort this out please
  • edited February 2013
    Very wrong and makes a mockery of the site if this is to be ignored !!
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to COLLUSION at its best:
    cash bubble for 88.00 of a 5k bh sat player 1 in bb with 55 (or so he says) player 2 in sb with bout 16k only 1k or less 4 her to call and put him all in and this happens,   player1 /> plz fold   player 2> k10 player 1> 55 player 1 has won the hand   then i bubble 2 hands later !! opinions pls
    Posted by Summerjade
    ................Hope these players are suitably ashamed and punished............it's a tough enough task to win fairly never mind having this to contend with...................:(
  • edited February 2013
    More information would be needed to determine whether this was actual collusion or not. It depends alot on the stack sizes of every player still involved, their positions at the table/tables and the size of the blinds relative to the stacks.

You also say that the player had to call for 1k more but you don't say how that relates to the blinds. If the blinds are 100/200, then 1k is alot. If the blinds are 2k/4k then 1k is not alot. You also don't know what the actual hands were.

The idea that the player folded just because they were asked to is not something that can be proven. They may have just been determined not to play another hand, knowing that they're guaranteed to win a seat.

More information needed before we can condemn people.
  • edited February 2013

how can sky only offer jade her buy in back, she'd played a tourney( mini sat ) to get into the main sat, she'd played that sat an should have been gtd a seat, if the play had gone right its a no brainer for any poker player with a massive stack to shove on the short stack at the bubble, then it woulda been a race between 2 players with her not in the hand and still sitting with 7000 at that point, even if the short stack wins that race jade on the other table woulda still had more chips than him

• edited February 2013
    And, even if we believe you, there needs to be evidence.

Contact customer care with the details of the event and time it happened, and they can then check the logs.
  • edited February 2013

how can sky only offer jade her buy in back, she'd played a tourney( mini sat ) to get into the main sat, she'd played that sat an should have been gtd a seat, if the play had gone right its a no brainer for any poker player with a massive stack to shove on the short stack at the bubble, then it woulda been a race between 2 players with her not in the hand and still sitting with 7000 at that point, even if the short stack wins that race jade on the other table woulda still had more chips than him

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: COLLUSION at its best:
    More information would be needed to determine whether this was actual collusion or not. It depends alot on the stack sizes of every player still involved, their positions at the table/tables and the size of the blinds relative to the stacks. You also say that the player had to call for 1k more but you don't say how that relates to the blinds. If the blinds are 100/200, then 1k is alot. If the blinds are 2k/4k then 1k is not alot. You also don't know what the actual hands were. The idea that the player folded just because they were asked to is not something that can be proven. They may have just been determined not to play another hand, knowing that they're guaranteed to win a seat. More information needed before we can condemn people.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    blinds were 1k 2k he was on bb 4 2k and had about 1k left over if that, player who folded had around 16k+ so was less than 1 blind 4 them to call with live crds
  • edited February 2013
    And, even if we believe you, there needs to be evidence. Contact customer care with the details of the event and time it happened, and they can then check the logs.
    Posted by FCHD
    what more evidence do u need 4 collusion its in the chat
  • edited February 2013
    You need to contact customer care, with the date/time and name of the tournament. Then they can sort it for you
  • edited February 2013

Hi Gina,

I have seen this sort of thing more and more just recently on Sky Poker and it should be acted on and eradicated ASAP IMO. There is a lot more players saying 'check this down' in chat while hand is in play when others are all in or very short on other tables.

Sky Poker barred players without the equivalent BR from railing the chat boxes at the cash table recently. So, why can they not LOCK the chat box in tournaments while hand is in play? I have seen this on other sites so should not be too hard to install.

I hope you get this sorted, but I am guessing you will not be informed of any outcome.
  • edited February 2013
    Looks like blatent collusion to me.  I would of called if I was bb with any two just to be awkward!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Gina, I have seen this sort of thing more and more just recently on Sky Poker and it should be acted on and eradicated ASAP IMO. There is a lot more players saying 'check this down' in chat while hand is in play when others are all in or very short on other tables. Sky Poker barred players without the equivalent BR from railing the chat boxes at the cash table recently. So, why can they not LOCK the chat box in tournaments while hand is in play? I have seen this on other sites so should not be too hard to install . I hope you get this sorted, but I am guessing you will not be informed of any outcome.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    What so everyone has 0.5 seconds to talk inbetween hands?
  • edited February 2013

One player saying "plz fold" and the other playing folding does not, on its own, constitute collusion. You've no idea what the larger stacks intentions were before the chat and they can't be compelled to shove just to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

As for the stacks, usually you would expect the bigger stack to just move all-in in that situation. However, it's not at all unusual for a player in a satellite to just lock-up and refuse to get involved any further if they perceive that they are guaranteed a seat. There's nothing wrong with that approach and in fact it is frequently the right thing to do. This may be an extreme example but on the other hand if they get involved here and lose 3k, they have just sacrificed an entire orbit's worth of chips.

Whether this fold was strategically the right play or not, as I said, depends on the other stacks, positions, etc. They certainly have the right to do so, though.

Based on this chat alone, I would be surprised if any action was taken by customer care. I would think it would be wrong to do so, in truth. The chat might seem inappropriate but it is not evidence of cheating.

• edited February 2013

The "Let's just check this down" thing is alot worse, in my opinion. Discussing taking a particular action in order to disadvantage a third party is quite different to one player asking another to fold, and that player subsequently doing so.

The first is clear and deliberate collusion. The second can have many explanations and may or may not be a direct result of the request.

• edited February 2013
    I agree with Borin. If it's collusion then it's bad but I don't think there's evidence. If I shoved on the bubble of a sat, I'd really want the player to fold regardless of my hand, I might even choose to type it (unlikely) but I wouldn't expect it to have any impact on what they actually do.
  • edited February 2013
    obv collusion. little evidence. this world sucks :-)
  • edited February 2013
    My only thing is this. If it was collusion, like say I was doing it with a mate then...

1) You'd chat on another format outside of Sky

2) You'd already have agreed on it prior to the game starting so you wouldn't need to say 'fold plz' cos it's pretty obvious a guy with a bowl doesn't want to be called by a bigger stack on a satellite bubble.
  • edited February 2013
    My only thing is this. If it was collusion, like say I was doing it with a mate then... 1) You'd chat on another format outside of Sky 2) You'd already have agreed on it prior to the game starting so you wouldn't need to say 'fold plz' cos it's pretty obvious a guy with a bowl doesn't want to be called by a bigger stack on a satellite bubble.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Trust me, not every one thinks like that, Some people make cheating obvious and are very stupid :P EG, Red alert 2, i dunno if you know but you have to build a base then make dogs to scout areas which are black to un cover. Some people use a fog hack so they can see threw all black shroud. (cheating) but they still post a Screen Shot on the site if some one asks them too even tho it shows them hacking :
  • edited February 2013
    How is this not collusion when both players explicitly state their hand in the chat box? They dont have to know each other.
  • edited February 2013
    agreed. they're co-operating. Simple
  • edited February 2013
    How is this not collusion when both players explicitly state their hand in the chat box? They dont have to know each other.
    Posted by offshoot

100% correct

Collusion without a doubt

Understand why OP has posted here because it is so frustrating seeing this happen but customer services would def be the best place to take this. They will check chat logs and unless they are totally blind they will see that you were clearly cheated out of a seat and hopefully do something about it.

GL Daz.
  • edited February 2013
    If they were colluding, what difference would their hands make? That's totally irrelevant because obviously the best course, if they're trying to help each other, is for the big stack to fold. So whether they're talking about the hand or not has no bearing on whether they're colluding. It's the same as someone sitting at a live table and saying "I'm folding a big hand to you".

As I say, we're not privy to all the relevant details of whether this was a well-reasoned fold but there certainly isn't evidence of collusion. Discussing the hand is not collusion and neither is not getting involved with one another. If that's all it took to prove collusion, then the DTD and all of Sky's Team's would be shut down in a heartbeat. People discuss their play and make stupid folds all the time in the DTD and other forum games.

Collusion is almost impossible to prove conclusively. The problem is that it's usually indistinguishable from bad play. Implied collusion is a part of the game anyway.

If the chat had been "If you fold to me, I'll fold to you in future and we'll both get through" or something similar, that would be clear. Someone saying "plz fold" is not nearly enough. People might be stupid but that doesn't make them cheats.
  • edited February 2013
    to me the please fold comment is someone who clearly feels the £110 tournament means alot to them. As others have said the big stack has no reason to get involved.
  • edited February 2013
    If this happened in a live game what would be the outcome ? Genuine question.
  • edited February 2013
    If this happened in a live game what would be the outcome ? Genuine question.
    Posted by JPW33
    depends on the house rules really. 

I've seen people literally discuss their hand during a hand, no action taken. 

In a different vanue i seen 2 lads get banned for saying "if your going to fold ill call, but if your going to call ill fold." the other replied "im calling" first guy folds other calls. This was v an all in. 

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: COLLUSION at its best : depends on the house rules really.  I've seen people literally discuss their hand during a hand, no action taken.  In a different vanue i seen 2 lads get banned for saying "if your going to fold ill call, but if your going to call ill fold." the other replied "im calling" first guy folds other calls. This was v an all in. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Thanks for reply Don90.  So what are the house rules for sky poker online ?
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: COLLUSION at its best : Trust me, not every one thinks like that, Some people make cheating obvious and are very stupid :P EG, Red alert 2, i dunno if you know but you have to build a base then make dogs to scout areas which are black to un cover. Some people use a fog hack so they can see threw all black shroud. (cheating) but they still post a Screen Shot on the site if some one asks them too even tho it shows them hacking :
    Posted by shaun09
    Aww good times. Aint played Command & Conquer in ages!! But yeah some people are stupid I guess.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: COLLUSION at its best : Thanks for reply Don90.  So what are the house rules for sky poker online ?
    Posted by JPW33
    A mod maybe able to refer you to the house rules, or someone who knows where they are.