You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager

edited February 2013 in The Poker Clinic
It looks like skypoker is not supported by poker tracking software such as Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager? Are there any future plans to allow these software? if not, is there a good reason for opting out when all the other major sites are supported?

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Not for the clinic, should be in GPC i think. 

Sky have said 000's of times they are against this. 
  • edited February 2013
    Then you get computer bots playing 9 million tables at once. Could do without some robot eating my roll tbh
  • edited February 2013
    i hope sky dont bring this in at some point, im a 100% against this!!!
  • edited February 2013
    I'll actually stop playing poker. Them things are BS. Anyone can respond to information thats put infront of their face. The edge goes. Just becomes a table full of nits
  • edited February 2013
    Perhaps because most other sites support them is the best reason not to. A lot players prefer playing without it so SKY is offering that service.
  • edited February 2013
    Yeah, I'm happy to play somewhere where people are actually forced to try to get this information themselves. You aint got a HUD live ;)
  • edited February 2013
    I used to play live in a poker league some time ago,i young guy i knew played on another site proffesionaly,using hold em manager,he made quite a bit of money ,but it didnt really improve his live game.
    Do we want to improve at the game and have some fun,or do we want to just make cash through a computer program playing for us, I love playing poker gettin there sometimes,when u should fold,the high the lows,its just a great time playing,i wouldnt swop it for anything,lets keep the status qou,as siad there are plenty of other sites that will allow ,whatever you call these programs
  • edited February 2013
    ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh some peoples comments in this thread are retar ded. All these databases do is compile hands from players that YOU have played with, YOU can do this yourself without sky supporting any tracking software, and its not like its telling you to do certain things. Also saying it makes it just a table full of nits is lololol. Why would it do that? Have you even used it yourself? If not, I don't really think you can comment on it tbh. On other sites where there is a huge playerbase at any given cash limit, id like to see you multi-table and still be able to get sufficient reads on players, and with this information, it can only guide you to make a correct decision. And considering like 90%+ of the regs at 50nl on stars for example, will have a hud, it hardly takes away any edge and  only makes it more competitive because you know they know blabla
  • edited February 2013
    And I don't think sky need to support these databases because the player base is small. It's fine the way it is. Well, apart from the awful software, limited mtt options, data entry problems etc etc :-)
  • edited February 2013
    and also regarding the nit argument, Sky is the only site I  have played on that doesnt support these databases, and Sky is also the nittiest site I have played on. Strange
  • edited February 2013
    If you give a bad poker player a HUD they will still be bad

It just gives you stats so you can exploit your oppo

if you take away a hud from a good player, they will still be good  - just means they will have no history/reads/notes w/e
    and would have to compile the stats and would find it takes a while before they can exploit

If you have a site supporting huds then any pro can buy a database of stats and go play on that site

this is why this site is good with no hud

Smitalos made good post about regs using HUD's and just acheiving a game that can't be exploited aswell as the obvious expolitation of non huds users and ATM's

• edited February 2013
    I know/hope all of the above comments aren't aimed at me.

Firstly HUDs making everyone a nit makes no sense at all, anyone can be a massive nit without any reads at all. The essence of being a nit imo is not making player dependent decisions, just waiting for big hands pre + post and just trying to value town people, regardless of the opponent.

My only issue is wanting to be on an even playing field. If a player is better than me that's fine, and I agree 100% that giving a bad player a HUD won't make him a good player, but it will help a decent player make slightly better decisions. As Percy pointed out, I don't think it's even necessary with such a small player base anyway but I wouldn't want to be forced to get X software just to avoid having a disadvantage V certain players.
  • edited February 2013
    The biggest problem with hud's imo is that it's probably bad for the poker economy in that obviously fish wont have huds, so this makes it easier for regs to find fish and then take their money. This is obviously unfortunate, but it's a tool which is available to all. I fully understand most peoples arguments against huds and I agree with most of them for Sky at least
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager:
    I know/hope all of the above comments aren't aimed at me. Firstly HUDs making everyone a nit makes no sense at all, anyone can be a massive nit without any reads at all. The essence of being a nit imo is not making player dependent decisions, just waiting for big hands pre + post and just trying to value town people, regardless of the opponent. My only issue is wanting to be on an even playing field. If a player is better than me that's fine, and I agree 100% that giving a bad player a HUD won't make him a good player, but it will help a decent player make slightly better decisions. As Percy pointed out, I don't think it's even necessary with such a small player base anyway but I wouldn't want to be forced to get X software just to avoid having a disadvantage V certain players.
    Posted by Lambert180
    HUD's make's this easier if you know how to use them
    But it doesn't allow for the skew when people change their games
    If you know your stats for example you can explout someone using a hud on you
    Bad HUD users never allow for adjustments

People are deluded if they think they can just buy a hud and suddenly start winning
    You need to have a sound fundamental 3/4/5 bet theory in place even before you start using a HUD and then you have to learn how to interpret the stats and use them for gain.

HUD's do not make nits, HUD's actually fuel more action.

• edited February 2013
    I know that was my point Rancid lol. You don't need a HUD to be a nit as you're largely not making player dependent decisions anyway. I was making the point that while I'm not for HUDs on Sky, I do not agree with most of what was said by other people who are also against them.
  • edited February 2013
    Sigh, theres far more benefit to using HM2 then just a HUD. If you ever want to truly understand your own game and find your weaknesses then get HM2 and play a significant sample (50k hands +) and take the time to analyze your database properly. 
  • edited February 2013
    leakbuster and tableninja babyyyyyyyyy leggggggggggggoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • edited February 2013
    Sigh, theres far more benefit to using HM2 then just a HUD. If you ever want to truly understand your own game and find your weaknesses then get HM2 and play a significant sample (50k hands +) and take the time to analyze your database properly. 
    Posted by NColley
    Ok fair point. I just went off on a tangent cos someone mentioned HUDs/information at the table. I agree there's loads more to it and I'd love to be able to access some of the features for my Sky hands but ya can't have one without the other (as far as I'm aware).
  • edited February 2013
    I know that was my point Rancid lol. You don't need a HUD to be a nit as you're largely not making player dependent decisions anyway. I was making the point that while I'm not for HUDs on Sky, I do not agree with most of what was said by other people who are also against them.
    Posted by Lambert180
    ) Think lemon head said they make nits, I was just coming a long for the ride.

The only reason to be against them is because it would attract better players and reduce a winning regs edge be nit or not so nit

Because the really good players that abuse the stats are hard to win against

• edited February 2013
    verhfjopjfcvosovejrv[je[rvfoerfvjefvwp[v[wrev
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by percival09
    Lmao was waiting for you to realise you were accused of saying HUDs make nits lol
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by percival09

)

+1
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager : Lmao was waiting for you to realise you were accused of saying HUDs make nits lol
    Posted by Lambert180

Can you stop putting lol at the end of your sentences lol because it get's a bit tilting lol

ps. can't beat a lemon on tilt !!

Lemon when are you coming back to play cash on SKY, twas fun when you played
  • edited February 2013
    and also regarding the nit argument, Sky is the only site I  have played on that doesnt support these databases, and Sky is also the nittiest site I have played on. Strange
    Posted by percival09
    3000 posts. Do you even play on here loool ?

Nah I agree with you sort of as I have never used it and my viewpoint is quite bias. However, when theres an exact percentage that tells you how often opponents pfr/3bet/4bet/cbet/range it DEFINATELY does remove the competitive nature of the game to some extent and turns it into a robotic game 
  • edited February 2013
    Much better RyanC7, but still you're wrong about the percetage thing, it makes it MORE competitive IF anything. I also think you're over-estimating how much the hud tells you, relying on your hud to make decisions can often lead to an incorrect decision

@rancid............................................ cba pwning u
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager : Can you stop putting lol at the end of your sentences lol because it get's a bit tilting lol ps. can't beat a lemon on tilt !! Lemon when are you coming back to play cash on SKY, twas fun when you played
    Posted by rancid
    haha lol plus 1 lol :-) lol
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Poker Tracker 4 and Holdem Manager : 3000 posts. Do you even play on here loool ? Nah I agree with you sort of as I have never used it and my viewpoint is quite bias. However, when theres an exact percentage that tells you how often opponents pfr/3bet/4bet/cbet/range it DEFINATELY does remove the competitive nature of the game to some extent and turns it into a robotic game 
    Posted by RyanC7

no it doesn't. 

randomly made up personalised opinions ftw.

so much mis information, mis understanding and guesswork itt. eta till lock.
  • edited February 2013
    Posted by percival09
    +1.  I have hm2 turned on on other sites but to be honest i very rarely use it for any of my decisions i basically have it turned on just as a backup.
  • edited February 2013
    Thank you all for responding to my original post & apologies for misplacing this in the clinic. Seems like I've touched the community's nerve with my pro-HUD enquiry. Going through your posts, I can see that the majority of you don't like it for one of the two reasons, either (i) you feel insecure with your inability to inteprete/make use of mathematical/analytical data therefore are fearful that smarter players will gain advantage on you or (ii) you are simply selfish, i.e, if I don't need, surely everyone else MUST feel the same after all my way is the only way - if you're in this group, god have mercy on your wife. 
    I always thought life is about choices, if you don't need it fair enough then don't install it on your PC, I'm sure not everyone on stars use HM or PT but life still goes on on that site. Skypoker has a responsibility to give us the choice to have it or to opt out. imo, the best online players are those who can adjust and outsmart HUD-dependant nits/pros by being unpredictable. imo when used properly, these software will primarily improve your own game; do I really care about Player X's VPIP/PFR ratio when my own ratio starts showing me that I'm becoming a calling station or am now playing unreasonably tight? In a game where we are quick to point a finger and never hold ourselves accountable by blaming the bad beats, the run of cards, the maniac to our left, rigged skypoker software, nagging wife, headache etc etc, there is nothing better at helping you become objective in self-critisism than using a factual tracking software.
  • edited February 2013
    The poker econonmy is not funded by poker players. It is funded by recreational gamblers.

When these players find out they are being tracked and people are using software to aid them. The probability is they will stop spending money on poker. They may not find out for years but they will eventually.

Why would we want something that puts our customers off from spending money?