You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi guys,

hope you are well?  Tomorrow night I will be back on the couch with a serious analyser of all things poker..Stuart Rutter, and a serious winner of all things poker  Mr Julian Thew.

Now,  I was thinking that Julian has probably been asked most questions in his life before in interviews or just in life! But I will give away  4 prizes to the 4 best unique, 'never been asked before' questions. I will put them to Julian, and if it's the first time he has been asked, not only does he have to answer, but you may be selected to win a prize.  Keep em clean!!!
The prizes will be four seats into Sunday night's mini Primo.

If you are watching the show tomorrow night, you will be enjoying this:

7pm – 8pm –Tonight on Sky Poker – We’ll be covering the £600 GTD TV Timed tournament. 8pm – 9pm – Poker Clinic – Hand requests from the forum, we’ll mask the hands in this hour. 9pm – 10pm – Now On Sky Poker – Live Mastercash action. We’ll do a speed analysis hour, so plenty of hands from different limits. 10pm – 11pm – Top Of The Pots – Top 10 biggest cash hands of the week from the Mastercash tables. 11pm – Midnight – Sky Poker Highlights – Late stages of the £12K GTD Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.
Can't believe next week sees me turning yet another blinking year older, and another month is already is upon us. 2 months down of 2013, and if you made new year resolutions, what ones have you already broken!? ;)

See you tomorrow night, enjoy your poker :)
A xx
P.S.....To get involved in the show, ask us a question, give your self a shout out, let us welcome you if you are new, tell us how you get into the main event, take part in the competition.....you get the idea

skyopen@bskyb.comtwitter: #skypokertv

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Q.  What's the funniest situation you've ever seen tikay in?

Have a great show.
  • edited February 2013

if you made new year resolutions, what ones have you already broken!? ;)

I only made 1 resolution this year which was that i would not give up anything for lent.

1st time i have ever not broken a new year resolution.

Have a good show.
  • edited February 2013
    Happy 21st for next week Anna.  I hope you have a great one and remember that cake is slimming if you chew it enough.

Is the reason that you just want to ask clean questions is that Julians has already answered all the dirty ones?

My clean question to the lord god of run good is which poker player does he think would make the best professional wrestler?  I would of asked Julian what his favourite duck is but as he knows tikay I assumed that the question had already been asked.

After his latest bink in Birmingham would Julian and Stuart agree with me that one of the main things that separates the best poker players from the others is when they get a slice, or two, of luck the capitalise on it better then us mear mortals?

The only new years resolution I made was on January 8th.  Stop being a week late to do things.  I've managed to keep it so far!

Run well all
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread****:
    Happy 21st for next week Anna.
    Posted by cenachav
    I'm not sure if I can manage to leave this alone. So tempting to joke about... must... fight... the urge..........
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread****:
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread**** : I'm not sure if I can manage to leave this alone. So tempting to joke about... must... fight... the urge..........
    Posted by BorinLoner
    ha ha !  What do you mean!? Don't look a day over.

Feel it though.

Don't even have a birthday, there is no 29th this year

:(
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread**** : I'm not sure if I can manage to leave this alone. So tempting to joke about... must... fight... the urge..........
    Posted by BorinLoner

ha ha. what do you mean?

don't look a day over!

feel it though.

In fact don't even have a birthday

there is no 29th this year

:(
  • edited February 2013
      if you made new year resolutions, what ones have you already broken!? ;)   I only made 1 resolution this year which was that i would not give up anything for lent.   1st time i have ever not broken a new year resolution.   Have a good show.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    ooooh yes Lent... me neither.
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Julian:

If you were to be stranded on a desert island for a year what 3 things would you take with you?

Question for Julian & Stu:

In live poker are you allowed to stake a player in the same tournament?
    If you are and they ended up on your table , would this change the way you play against them?

Cheers
    Mick
  • edited February 2013
    Can it be any question? What is your favourite crisps/chocolate bar combo?
  • edited February 2013
    Q for Jools,  

Olympic Gold in canoeing OR WSOP bracelet?
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Julian

How does he feel about the upcoming Eastleigh by election?

Does he feel the recent controversy around Chris Huhne (the ex lib dem candidate) will enable the conservatives to capture the seat?

How does he feel the co-alition will be affected by a result? Will it be the end?

Thanks
  • edited February 2013

Question for JT....

Will you marry me??

(ofc we will not have to consummate the marriage and will get a quick divorce straight after the wedding service).

I will however then be entitled to half of everything you own. 
    This will include your amazing flipability where you win 90% of them. Hence I would now win 45% of my flips, instead of the current 5%, and this time next year I will be a millionaire.......

Question for Stuart...

Do you want staking next year?

Question for Anna....

Do you want to be a bridesmaid and what shoes will you be wearing on the day so we do not clash! :)

Have a good show folks and I may delete this tongue in cheek post later just in case anyone takes it serious.....there are some strange peeps out there...lol.

• edited February 2013

Our question would be...

... Julian - how do you manage to win so much when you never run good? ;)

Cough - QUAD FIVES???????
  • edited February 2013

evening all, just 1 question for julian.

Question: Some players skip the early levels of a poker tournament, claiming that they aren’t very valuable when the blinds are so low compared with the starting stack. Phil Hellmuth even famously waits until the last possible minute before entering a tournament. Where do you stand on this argument?

• edited February 2013
    hi their
    With me being on the micro stakes table, it usually consists of beginners making it hard for the normal stratagies you would use to work well.
    my main tactic is extra aggression preflop knowing most the pot will be made up of the money from preflop 9 times out of 10
    what is your main tactic against beginners and newbies?
  • edited February 2013
    Can it be any question? What is your favourite crisps/chocolate bar combo?
    Posted by ididit14
    Yep any question!  I lile that one.. mine would be pickled onion monster munch and a lion bar, but is it together!? Sorry it's not all about me! will put that question to Julian, skirting around branding obvs
  • edited February 2013
    Questions for Julian:

Would he encourage his Kids to follow in their fathers footsteps?

Are they already playing the game at home?

How would he feel if his wife was the poker pro in the family? and what sport would he take up to fill in the time while she was in Vegas?

Not the greatest of questions but you asked for something different lol

And I'm pretty sure great poker players need to have special relationships outside of the game to keep them sane!
    Do the team agree?

Have a brilliant show! 
  • edited February 2013
    Great questions............ keep em coming

My question is

will you pass on all your poker knowledge to your kids, and would you want one of them to turn pro?
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Julian - i dont think hes been asked before. 

Is it true he shared a final table of a PLO side event (at UKIPT Cork) with a man called William (Willie) Elliot. 

Now i know that wont win, but its orgional. 

Have a good show.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread**** : Yep any question!  I lile that one.. mine would be pickled onion monster munch and a lion bar, but is it together!? Sorry it's not all about me! will put that question to Julian, skirting around branding obvs
    Posted by MissFowler
    Did you know that, after recent tests, the Lion bar is actually 20% Tiger?
  • edited February 2013
    Questions for Julian: Would he encourage his Kids to follow in their fathers footsteps? Are they already playing the game at home? How would he feel if his wife was the poker pro in the family? and what sport would he take up to fill in the time while she was in Vegas? Not the greatest of questions but you asked for something different lol And I'm pretty sure great poker players need to have special relationships outside of the game to keep them sane! Do the team agree? Have a brilliant show! 
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    Oh my god, great minds!! You must have posted this as I posted mine!  And as mine came second, who looks like the copycat! 
  • edited February 2013
    COULD YOU ASK JULIAN & STUART ABOUT FOLDING AK PRE FLOP IN TOURNAMENTS TO SOMEONES PRE FLOP ALL IN...

WOULD THEY ALWAYS CALL ?

ONLY CALL IF ITS NOT PUTTING THERE TOURNAMENT AT RISK E.G 75% OR LESS OF THERE STACK?

ONLY CONSIDER IT IF PAST BUBBLE?

WOULD YOU ALWAYS CALL IF YOUR SHORT STACKED YOURSELF?

THANKS ANNA & HAVE A GOOD SHOW

• edited February 2013
    Question for the yoyo -_-

What comes first poker or the family ?

I ask this question because it must be hard to balance life with the sometimes unsociable hours of poker.

• edited February 2013
    Question 1) Have you ever had a scenario where you think you've been beaten, but the cards are just too good to lay down? If so, what did you do?

Question 2) Have you ever lost an item of clothing whilst at the tables? (you asked for random / unique)

Thanks, have a great show!
  • edited February 2013
    Hi MissFowler.
    I will be tuning in tonight to watch the show and playing a few games on Sky Poker.

Question for you..........
    Q. Do you ever watch highlights/repeats of yourself presenting the show? If so do you have a "Cringe Worthy" moment you can share with the viewers?
    ps. I know you are a perfectionist, but surely there must be at least one candid camera moment? :)

Question for Thewey.........
    1. A standard pack of cards consists of four suits, if you had to design a new pack of cards containing 5 suits, what would you like the fifth suit to be?

2. If poker players had to have "Intro Music" like in boxing or darts to make their entrance to the final table, what music would you choose as your intro?
    (I was thinking of something like, "I should be so Lucky" by Kylie Minogue, but its up to you :)

Question for Stuart Rutter......
    If you went completely busto, would you stop playing poker until you saved up enough money to deposit and play at your existing level or would you be happy to deposit a much smaller amount and drop down to much lower levels?

Have a great show guys....... & girlies of course :)  
  • edited February 2013
    Hi guys.

Good to see Julain bk, Stuart and u Anna.

Seriuos Q for Julain and Stuart.

What level did you both start out at and did u employ BRM?  If you had gone bust do you think you would have gave up Poker?

Q for Julian.......

What do you prefer McDonalds or Burger King?  (Might be serious q in 2days climate.)  For some reason I asked this q on a first date, turned out she was vegatarian - opps :(

Big TY to Sky_Dave and Joe for putting on the bigger freerolls 2nite and 2moro. 

Derek. :)
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread**** : Yep any question!  I lile that one.. mine would be pickled onion monster munch and a lion bar, but is it together!? Sorry it's not all about me! will put that question to Julian, skirting around branding obvs
    Posted by MissFowler
    Im not a sicko! Yano, just one after another ( I always think chocolate tastes better after a pack of crisps) I think mine would have to be pork crunch (soft scratchings) and a wispa
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread**** : ha ha. what do you mean? don't look a day over! feel it though. In fact don't even have a birthday there is no 29th this year :(
    Posted by MissFowler
    That's a shame. No birthday, no presents. You'll have to do without the box set of popular nineties sitcom "The Nanny" with Fran Drescher. You've always reminded me of her.

Never mind.

Remember gentlemen, it's rude to ask a lady her age... so if anyone wants to know, you can PM me and I'll tell you.
    (You ought to be able to work it our for yourselves though. As a hint, her next proper birthday will be her eleventh)

Sorry. I couldn't resist the urge. lol

Have a great show.
  • edited February 2013
    Good evening Anna,Stuart and Julian.
    I have a question for MR THEW what do you do with your poker points i have never seen any top players in a freeroll.
    All the best Rainman397
  • edited February 2013
     when u play live,do you have any superstitions,or tournaments rituals