You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Hi guys, hope you have a great show

Question for Thewy, will you be playing the EPT London? ;) 

No, serious question now, do you ever get nervous at all when playing live poker in any given situation?

Oh and also, is there any chance you would fold AQ????
  • edited February 2013
    Q For Julian,... have you ever been asked how many ties TK has,... and have you ever borrowed one.

Now no laughing.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread****:
    Question for the yoyo -_- What comes first poker or the family ? I ask this question because it must be hard to balance life with the sometimes unsociable hours of poker.
    Posted by rancid
    Pretty obv... think he'd be shot if he picked one of the options ;)
  • edited February 2013
    Good evening 

So pleased to see you there Anna, now that Sky has their new Ambassador I feared that you had been consigned to the Sky "recycle bin" - don't understand why they need a new Ambassador while they have you.

Q for Julien in the same vein - when sky hire their "new professional" - which they will eventually do in good mega-corporation fashion - will it be a "phew" from Thewy or an "Oh-No" from yoyo
  • edited February 2013
    Let's pretend we don't know what "BlueNuts" refers to.
  • edited February 2013
    Good Evening

I am actually a female, no tricks from me.

Thought i would let you both know, so you get it right when you see me on the final table of the 12k b/h also am going to try for the jackpot tonight.
    Got into the 12k in the first £7.20 semi at around 1 o'clock this afternoon was only 4 runners so was nice and easy

Had a good result on Tuesday finshed 6th in the 5k b/h 
  • edited February 2013
    My question for Julian, which I would like Anna to read out is.....

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
    If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    He would chuck, he would, as much as he could,
    And chuck as much as a woodchuck would
    If a woodchuck could chuck wood.

• edited February 2013
    Hello all .

Q for Stu & Julien Thew : re staking poker players into live MTT.

In the event of an added prize of an entry into a future MTT
    valued at £500+ being given to the winner how would you deal with dividing this ?.

Percentage of its value £500+ or winnings ; if any , of the MTT if the player went on to cash ?.

Looking forward to a good nights analysis.

Have a good show.

All the best

• edited February 2013
    quick question for Julian "does a pint of guiness help make all decision making, Black and White?"
  • edited February 2013
    Just won a freeroll to an £11 mtt. Took 3 hours, i felt sooo proud. 

Then busted on level 1. - i did get it in huge favorite 4 way though. 

Gota take the good with the bad. 

#TVBRAGFAIL lol. 
  • edited February 2013
    Question for Julian,

When in a pot, how much to you adjust poker odds for "the Thew run good effect?"

Finally, how big a win would you need to get to buy new trainers and a new scarf?

Matt
  • edited February 2013
    Hi 

Canyou please play hand 
    from tonights main event bounty hunter please.

2n hand in I'm wanting thoughts on my sizing on all streets. 
    I think i tried to get it in too early. 
  • edited February 2013
    hey Anna , Stuart and Julian 

have a great show 

Question for Julian 

Do you like playing with paper areoplanes?

:) 

thank you :) 
  • edited February 2013
    hello guys

great line up 2 nite, luv it!

my question for Julian, once poker inevitable follows the path of boxing, it is after all pugalism of the mind, what entrance music will Julian take his table seat to? Heavy Gangster Rap Music with a lot of "YO-YO, Cards are my game, gonna take you out the Frame, Chips taken from your Hand, Your Game is so BLAND, you see I'm a wizard, I'm A psychic I'm a Mystic, so sit back and admire, this aint going to the wire cus i'm off to a flyer and your game is so DIRE.....YO YO !!" 

Just a suggestion!

Memfno

PS Knocking out Liv Booree??? Rather Knock Her Up!!!
  • edited February 2013
    Out of both at the same time. In the mini my pocket 9's get done by KJ against a lose guy that has been pushing all night. Then like 2 hands later in the main i get AK in the bb a player pushes i cal he has A10 obvs hits his 3 outer...now im on full tilt so push the very next hand with AJ and run into KK.
  • edited February 2013
    Can the Wardrobe staff please have a word with Julian please
  • edited February 2013
    The mans my uncle. I just asked a random question i knew Julian wouldnt have been asked. 

Do i get in the draw? 
  • edited February 2013
    WOW! Can't believe Jools picked WSOP bracelet!!!! I had a bet with the wife and I LOST!  Mind you she says Stu is "purty"!
  • edited February 2013
    Can you please play this hand from Mastercash table 3. I rekon i can fold. A friend says it would be terrible. 

• edited February 2013

hi anna,

hi you, stu and thew

JACKPOT 21:58 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 408 566 172    
    left 67 105 11    

dub1 4 98      
    tonyglfc 13 25      
    ElmoIsBlue 14 17      
    Pav72 16 68      
    DivsDreams 19 31      
    gez_bear 22 63      
    tech34 30 40      
    gibbzy 36 104      
    1jaxonray1 37 52      
    wineli 51 50      
    kezzzz 66 23      

• edited February 2013
    Good evening all!

Anna, D'ya fancy reading mine out before 11pm cos I can't watch past then :)

Always great to see Thewy on the show and I got a question for him, or a couple related to the same thing...

What do you think of the likeness of your portrait in DTD? Flattering or not so much?

Now for one that hopefully he hasn't been asked before...

What was your first big purchase following a big poker win? Car? Holiday? Present for the other half?

• edited February 2013

Julian,

What are your "what if" hands? eg a key hand that you won that effected your career (either tournament win or made something click) and a big hand that you lost that you think cost you a big tournament bink/opportunity

Matt

• edited February 2013
    I'm not a fan of the show on Sky Sports because my posts are never read unless a) they're not mean (and where's the fun in that?) and b) they're related to actual poker and not something weird. lol

Anyway, I have a bona fide poker question, prompted by an earlier hand. I might post it on the poker clinic next week if it doesn't fit the remaining time this evening. It's something that comes up alot on the forum.

Good evening Miss Fowler, Mr Rutter and Mr Thew. I hope you're all well.

I have a question regarding continuation-bet sizing.

During an earlier hand, the pre-flop raiser flopped top-pair top-kicker, heads-up on a board with two hearts. He c-bet, in position, for half-pot. The chaps stated their preference for a larger bet because a larger bet would be called just as often as this smaller bet.

In this situation I would make the same half-pot bet because, as a player with a wide pre-flop raising range, I will be c-betting with nothing a lot of the time and feel I need to balance that with my made hands - If I want to bluff for half-pot, I feel compelled to c-bet the same with my value hands unless the board's really, really wet.

So how important is range balancing and how should your pre-flop range affect your c-bet sizing?

Thanks.

Being nice for Sky Sports. prrfff...
  • edited February 2013
    hi guys could you please tell me what time the spt london tournament starts on saturday 23 march as i cant find it on the site thankyou 
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: Thurs Night Live Show 7pm CH861 and SS4 10pm with Fowler, Stuart Rutter and Julian Thew ***official thread****:
    hi guys could you please tell me what time the spt london tournament starts on saturday 23 march as i cant find it on the site thankyou 
    Posted by adamw1ns
    I don't think they'll be able to answer this on the show this evening. They're not allowed to "sell the product" on Sky Sports.

If you post in this thread (Sky Poker Tour London: 23-24 March 2013) you'll probably get an answer tomorrow.
  • edited February 2013
    Look at that Rutter memory! Marvel at that man's mind. Although he did say I was a deep thinker so he's a long way off there.
  • edited February 2013
    Good to see Julian on the show as well as Stuart - Missed most of it tho - so will he be on again and was just wondering what they thought of books if it hasnt already come up

I,ve never read a book since school , but haver just started reading The mental game and 1 hand at a time volume 2 (MTT,s) (on my 2nd reading - gr8 book )

Have they read them and what do they think ?

Cheers Paul
  • edited February 2013
    Congratulations to GLENELG, KAARDRAACK, THEJUDGE10 and MS-TREE who win free entry in to Sunday nght's mini primo!
  • edited February 2013
    Thankyou again sky for this free entry,  i will try to last longer this week.
    great show as allways too.

gl all at the tables.
  • edited February 2013
    Many thanks for the freebie. I'm going to have to sat' into the main now.

C U all Sunday.

All the best