You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30K Super Roller Sunday Night Live Show with Anna Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official sh

edited February 2013 in Poker Chat
Heya all,

Hope you are enjoying your Saturday night, just been to my first baby shower...lots of small clothes and ooooohs and ahhhs.... oh and cake, lots of cake :) Oh and from baby showers to MMA!  Looking forward to the first female fight in the octagon tonight!  Wish I could be there, in LA. Still quite enjoying my couch and pjs!

So back to poker.... the big one tomorrow!! Who already is in?!  The 30k Super Roller is what myself and RyRy will be covering live tomorrow night from 8pm until midnight.  Would love to get lots of hand requests from you guys if you are playing, and hopefully we will get to speak to a few of you on the phone.  First up we will be covering some satellite action from 7pm-8pm.  I really hope you manage to satellite in to the main event if you are trying. Let me know if you do...

We are going to have another round of the SkyPoker treasure hunt.  Got 4 seats to give away into Tuesday night's mini Bounty Hunter, so stay tuned for the questions.

skyopen@bskyb.com

Also for fun... and the chance to win youself a seat into the 5k Big Freeroll let me know what has been you best ever sporting event, or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch????

A xxx

Comments

• edited February 2013
    or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch????

Naked women's beach volleyball.

• edited February 2013
     or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch????

A seat next to maxally.
    Regards Alan.
  • edited February 2013
    My ultimate sporting event for me  would defiantly  be at the now camp stadium for el Classico -  Barcelona v Real Madrid 
  • edited February 2013

let me know what has been you best ever sporting event, or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch????

Sheffield wednesday winning the premier league,champions league,Fa cup,boat race, etc etc..
    Also.....

I would love to see Tikay play in this years main event in vegas,The structure of it really suits his game and i honestly think he would go far in it,also would be a great sweat for the sky poker community.
  • edited February 2013
    Anna surely your way to nice to enjoy MMA!

I'm currently fighting the need to sleep to watch it.  
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 30K Super Roller Sunday Night Live Show with Anna Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread****:
     or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch???? A seat next to maxally. Regards Alan.
    Posted by ajmilton
     probably best to leave that seat spare

• edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 30K Super Roller Sunday Night Live Show with Anna Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread****:
    Anna surely your way to nice to enjoy MMA! I'm currently fighting the need to sleep to watch it.  
    Posted by Donttelmum
    watched it this morning. Little bit of a sweat at the rear naked choke attempt, but another arm bar...job done!
  • edited February 2013
    Also, wanted to say thank you  to Geldy for your post on Thursday night's show!  I will be here as long as they will put up with me! Love it

And also to Pover Trev.....

I have several cringe  worthy moments of me, but I aviod watching myself!  Too critical!  It's like when you hear the sound of your own voice....horrid!  Unfortunatley youtube makes some moments live forever!

xx
  • edited February 2013
    let me know what has been you best ever sporting event, or what would be your ultimate sporting event to watch????

Probably my ultimate event would be to watch my football team (who will not be named due to them being a contraverial scottish side) in the champions league final. 

Failing that Scotland in the world cup final v England would be acceptable. Might take a string of miricles though. 

Best i have been involved in would be the youth Scottish Cup. (Basically the under 15s FA cup) We even made round 3. Never got to play past round 1 though due to a knee injury. 
  • edited February 2013
    Won my first ever darts match last week in the league! That's about as good as it gets for me. And I'd definitely want to see the champions league final! Ideally a repeat of Istanbul, 2005!
  • edited February 2013
    hi anna and ryan,

Best sporting event has to have been the LONDON OLyMPICS for me.  As everone around the world including us brits said we couldn't do it, and we proved we can host biggest sporting event in the world.

Love to see WORLD CUP in england too.

have a great show.
  • edited February 2013
    Best sporting event seen has to be Liverpool vs AC Milan in Instanbul 2005.
    Crying at Half time to running around naked at Full Time....
    .. Mood Swings for the win!

-----------

Ultimate sporting event to watch would easily be ENGLAND in world cup final..

Got a few good years to wait for that to happen though ... sigh.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: 30K Super Roller Sunday Night Live Show with Anna Fowler and Ryan Spittles 7pm CH861 ****official show thread**** : watched it this morning. Little bit of a sweat at the rear naked choke attempt, but another arm bar...job done!
    Posted by MissFowler
    Oh dear. That sounds... Gosh...

I thought you were watching some sort of fight, not sweaty naked rears.
  • edited February 2013
    Good work everyone, keep them coming

Don't forget I get hand ids in from the roller for us tonight. Plus if you have any questions for us tonight.  Get them in...

Also in amongst our sporting chat tonight

What was your best sporting achievement?? Beyond the egg and spoon race 

Who is coming to SPT London btw?? I might play
  • edited February 2013
    Good work everyone, keep them coming Don't forget I get hand ids in from the roller for us tonight. Plus if you have any questions for us tonight.  Get them in... Also in amongst our sporting chat tonight What was your best sporting achievement?? Beyond the egg and spoon race  Who is coming to SPT London btw?? I might play
    Posted by MissFowler
    You're working Fowler!
  • edited February 2013
    I actually have another genuine poker question, written nice and big...

Good Evening Anna and Ryan.

Mr. Spittles, I would like to ask you about your approach to satellites.

If you believe you have a significant edge on the field, will you continue to play satellites until you get a seat, even if that means spending more than the actual buy-in of the tournament?

Are your thoughts along the lines of; "Even if this £110 tournament costs £200 this time, in the long run I will save money by playing satellites"? Do you take a more disciplined approach, perhaps limiting yourself to playing satellites for no more than 40% of the value of any one particular tournament?

Have a good show.
  • edited February 2013
    You could read out all of my posts if you wanted to.

Afterwards I'm sure Sky could find someone good to replace you. :)
  • edited February 2013
    Best sporting events I've been to-
    British and Irish Lions Test match in Australia. Awesome atmos and with and load of good friends on a 18 day tour of Aus for the whole test series
    World Super Bikes at Laguna Seca in California. Was a rd trip on a Harley with my newly married wife on our honeymoon.
    The event I'd most like to see- Wales winning the rugby world cup. So close in 2011 to making the final. 2015 might see it happen

I've also qualified for tonights roller from an All-in satellite so hopefully i'll see some of my hands getting analysed, hopefully not my exit one too early!!!!
  • edited February 2013
    question for ryan. 

I know this is common elsewhere but not so on sky. What is his thoughts on people who grind sats and does he believe it can be profitable long term. 
  • edited February 2013

Anna... this has to be the ultimate one for all poker players lol

Anna and charlote head to head.... winner takes all no hold bars mud wrestling match... any thing goes lol .... what a challenge lol i think you wud get a full house for this one...

T.K WUD BE THE REF... CARLO IN THE CORNER WITH RYAN... OB ANNA CORNER... AND RICH THE RICH WITH DAN DE MAN IN OTHER CORNER LOL... WHATS YOUR VIEW!!!!!!.....
  • edited February 2013

Hi both,
    love the show and site, I have navigated my way through two satellites for a £5 stake. Really buzzing at the idea of my first super roller. Hopefully I may show up on the final table highlights on Tuesday!!

Does Scotty have any advice for a low stakes player that is playing in a roller type event for the first time?

My favourite sporting event was a American football game in Florida a couple of years ago, a local hotel manager arranged tickets. The atmosphere took us totally by surprise, near on 100,000 attended the game and we even got taen to a tailgate party by the very hospitable locals. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

Hope to get a shout out, good luck to all in the roller.
  • edited February 2013
    hey guys hope yous have good show tonight well chuffed registered for for 5 allin sats while was multi tabling cash and just noticed the super roller table pop up yeeee haaaaaaa lol wish me luck
  • edited February 2013
    My last shot at trying to get into the Roller tonight.

Interested in Ryan's comments on Satellite strategy but I think this call is correct?! As he's stacked so large I think he can jam with AK KQ KJ plus any draw so I can't really worry about sets.  I can't find a fold here can I - please agree!
  • edited February 2013
    Here's a chance to lol at me.

I spent the last hour buying into the all-in sats, because I was bored... Having invested all but £2 of my account balance, I am still watching the show rather than playing.

Try to pick my name out for one of the mini seats. I'm poor and need free stuff.
  • edited February 2013
    My last shot at trying to get into the Roller tonight. #626082598 Interested in Ryan's comments on Satellite strategy but I think this call is correct?! As he's stacked so large I think he can jam with AK KQ KJ plus any draw so I can't really worry about sets.  I can't find a fold here can I - please agree!
    Posted by bbMike
    Sorry should have mentioned that this hand is from the Roller Late Reg Semi.  Thanks.
  • edited February 2013

is the flat pre ok? no notes on the players so don't know his button range whether he is loose/tight etc, do i miss value with the line i take?

• edited February 2013
    626085595 was this a good fold or shouldi have called the river  bet
  • edited February 2013
    626100628Thoughts on all streets please. Please it based on yo-yos hand. lol 
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Anna and Ryry, great show as always.

Can't wait for Tuesday's mini for my free entry, thank you very much (although disappointed u didnt recognise the name, you have always pronounced it right from the forum before )

My dream sporting event would have to be a superbowl where the 49ers actually won. I was too young to go to one when they were good in the 90s, and this years defeat was heartbreaking. Next year!

Ilera (Eye-lair-a)
  • edited February 2013
    Thanks for the diary mention earlier Ryan, not used to being so deepstacked! lol i won an all in sattelite into the tournament for £3 so decided that watching the show and playing would be better than a night of coursework which i had planned before i won the sat lol