You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Standard SnG Comp - FAO Sky Staff

2»

Comments

• edited February 2013
    I see your point, Borin. Also understand what you're saying about spreading the player pool too thin. I don't think it would be too bad across 4 time limits, but this might all be hypothetical anyway. I'll definitely be asking the question of the decision makers though as I think there's been some good points raised here.

Any more feedback welcomed!
  • edited February 2013
    the relative difference between 1-2 minutes and 5-10 minutes should be obvious, don't make me mention the A word!

ever considered SNG's with min players to start and a 1-2 level late reg, so sngs start pretty quickly when the threshold is met, but the prizepool can keep building for the first level?
  • edited February 2013
    Quick bit of extra feedback for Dave, as you asked - as a purely rec player with limited time to play I would love to see a 'standard' and a 'turbo' option with levels just like you posted above.  I'm getting a bit bored with DYMs and I would play this type of SnG as excellent practice for bigger MTTs, particularly if there's plenty of low-stakes games. So overall I would probably play more, which is what Sky wants I presume. Bring it on :-)
  • edited February 2013
    Bumpy wump!!

Let's not get forget about this. People want SnGs just not in their current format :)
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for the bump, Lambert. We are actually doing some work on this today hopefully so I'll come back with some news for you later today.
  • edited March 2013
    Would also be nice to see some 18 man SNG's ,which last about 3 hours.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard SnG Comp - FAO Sky Staff:
    Would also be nice to see some 18 man SNG's ,which last about 3 hours.
    Posted by rancid
    I hope (am 99% sure) that is a joke Rancid lol.

I'd love some 18 man SnGs, maybe some bigger ones too. Possibly highlight them in the SnG lobby @ the top regardless of search options (at first) same as MEs in the MTT lobby so everyone is aware and I'm sure they'd fill up, but I wouldn't like a 18 man SnG to last more than about 90 mins.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard SnG Comp - FAO Sky Staff : I hope (am 99% sure) that is a joke Rancid lol. I'd love some 18 man SnGs, maybe some bigger ones too. Possibly highlight them in the SnG lobby @ the top regardless of search options (at first) same as MEs in the MTT lobby so everyone is aware and I'm sure they'd fill up, but I wouldn't like a 18 man SnG to last more than about 90 mins.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'd stick 18 man sng's in the MTT section. They'd fill up much quicker.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Standard SnG Comp - FAO Sky Staff : I hope (am 99% sure) that is a joke Rancid lol. I'd love some 18 man SnGs, maybe some bigger ones too. Possibly highlight them in the SnG lobby @ the top regardless of search options (at first) same as MEs in the MTT lobby so everyone is aware and I'm sure they'd fill up, but I wouldn't like a 18 man SnG to last more than about 90 mins.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah actually make em last 60 minutes)
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks for the bump, Lambert. We are actually doing some work on this today hopefully so I'll come back with some news for you later today.
    Posted by Sky_Dave

I didn't get the memo :p
  • edited March 2013
    Just to let you know, we've made some progress on this one. We'll be making some tweaks on Monday and I'll post in here once we're on the cusp of them hitting the site.
  • edited March 2013
    Cheers Dave. I'll get putting something together as a possible SnG comp and run it past you or did you have something i mind yourself?