You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TURBO Tuesday Show Thread

Comments

• edited February 2013
    Q1 Viva Las Vegas is the best promotion - what could be better than the chance of winning a seat into the WSOP main event for minimal outlay?  Personally my only chance of getting to Vegas in the near future is through winning a package like this as I can't persuade the love of my life that it would be a good holiday, and even though the fourteen year old daughter is more than eager to visit the bright lights etc it is seven years until it is worthwhile taking her and by then she won't want to go on holiday with her 55 year old dad!

Q2 I did like the Team Sky thing where through the league points system you could qualify for an end of month (or quarterly?) tournament where you could win a Team Sky package that included entry to a GUKPT (or other big buy in live event) seat.  I think Sky also flirted with satellites into GUKPT and would welcome any return of satellites into high buy in live events.
  • edited February 2013

that's a great relief, i thought freddie mercury was dead.
  • edited February 2013
    The week long freeroll festival.  On for 7 days, 7k guaranteed and it starts at 7 every night
  • SPTSPT
    edited February 2013
    Hi Yannis, good luck

Any chance of seeing you at an SPT? get your co-presenter to tell you and the audience when the next events are, and how you can qualify...
  • edited February 2013
    1. the big freeroll 5 k really good free roll hope this stays
    2. and cant remember the name of it but did u not have to play for a team and sky had a team that was good fun also

if i could list more i would as i like most of the promotions
  • edited February 2013
    The final table jackpots.are a great idea gives you an extra incentive,playing 2 tables at once always good for your poker,and should help you not getting bored.If you haven't multi tabled much good practice.Last but not least a whopping jackpot.

Cash for points is also a good promotion,if your a multi table grinder,its free money,if your a recreational player can pay u an entry into a small tourney,or to use on a cash game,whatever you please,but u can receive money for playing a game that you love and enjoy
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Tony and Jannis

Good luck to Jannis in his new role. Question?  Is Jannis any relation to (Zacharry Quinto, the new Mr Spock from Star Trek) I think the likeness is uncanny. 
    When are the Viva Las Vegas satelites starting? Is there a Viva Las Vegas this year?

Great show.

Love Sue (Kidgirlgy)

xx
  • edited February 2013
    Q1 my favourite current promotion is the 5K freeroll because for low bankrolls like myself it's so hard to get myself into the big tourneys.
    Q2 i didn't know much about the promotions until this year but i could say my favourite which will never return for me is the 10k newbie as i'm not new.
  • edited February 2013
    Hi both, good show so far :)

How can u mention crossroads without the almighty Benny and his hats?

Quick question for Tikay. As he knows I have been dabbling with omaha, with mixed results. I have been told that pre-flop hands in omaha are alot closer, yet still often see betting wars pre. Is this purely a mind game, or is there much point to 3 or 4 bets pre?

By the way earlier you mentioned the rule of 4, but during the analysis used a rule of 2. Isnt it 4x after the flop, and 2x after the turn when guestimating odds?

Ilera / Andy
  • edited February 2013
    Hi Chaps,  thanks for a great show as usual.  Tikay, I'm getting really confused about 'leading out' post flop or 'donk' bets.  Some people say you should always 'check' out of position or 'check to the raiser'  Any thing else is a 'donk' bet an "bad"  Why??  

What if you had flopped top pair and wanted to protect your hand or find out where you were? 

if you always 'check' first when out of position then you never know if the last person to act behind you has anything or is just C betting?

If everyone checks behind you and you have something then you lose value?

Don't you give up the chance of bluffing on a dry board.

Are you really a 'donk' if you lead out?  Can you explain the theaory behind a 'donk' bet being bad.  From 'Zykanum' (Chris and slightly confused)

Cheers guys.
  • edited February 2013
    Q1 - What Sky Poker Promotion do you most like, or enjoy? I just mentioned Cash4Points, but there are plenty more - for a reminder, see HERE     

I like C4P as it is something to work towards over the month. I usually make 7-800 points a month so it is not major money but something to work towards and for more regular players its some really nice free money from Sky. Also at the minute I like the Golden Tickets, its great that someone who plays so little or at low levels still has the opportunity to win fantastic prizes. In my opinon this must be the most popular on Sky as every single player is in with a chance of winning. The Kings of Cash promotion was good but only appealed to regular hardcore players of cash as lots of hours were needed to cash in the promotion. Again the Jackpot is good for regular players of the Main and is effectively free money for playing well so you can't complain! The 5k freeroll also looks like a fantastic promotion but is unfortunately slightly out of reach for me as I dont quite make the required points.

Q2 - Which PREVIOUS Sky Poker Promotion did you most enjoy, & would like to see repeated?

I really like the Golden Tickets for the reasons I gave above, it's great that the whole Sky community are all in with a chance of winning some really great prizes. I would like to see that repeated. I also think a promotion around SNG's would be really good, possibly players with the highest ROIs over a certain period of time being rewarded would be great.
  • edited February 2013
    evening tikay and yannis, great show as allways.
     Q1: The new c4p system that rewards more play then before.
    Q2: I have just seen it is back THE FREEROLL FESTIVAL that will run from 28th feb - 6th March,  this was great before and great to see added again.

have a great show.
  • edited February 2013
    In Response to Re: TURBO Tuesday Show Thread:
    Tonight's Quiz. We will give away a bunch of Mini Open seats, & maybe a few sests to the BIG £5k Freeroll for the best entries. There are two questions, you must answer BOTH of them...... Q1 - What Sky Poker Promotion do you most like, or enjoy? I just mentioned Cash4Points, but there are plenty more - for a reminder, see HERE      Q2 - Which PREVIOUS Sky Poker Promotion did you most enjoy, & would like to see repeated? PS - Anyone who answers "TKO", when I had to do battle, alongside my team of Sky Poker players, with Rich Orford, gets a point deducted. 
    Posted by Tikay10
    Welcome back to the show Yannis, nice to see you are in the safe hands of one of the Sky Pokers legendary analysts*

Q1 Any promotion that includes Omaha, James has run a couple of these hope he or someone else will look at running again at some point.
    Q2 TKO I know its a points deduction but it did good things for forum.

*sorry just realised you are doing the show with Tikay ;)

Have a good show
  • edited February 2013

hi tikay, freddie,

quick...
    JACKPOT 21:40 pm      

main mini both    
    entered 178 490 87    
    left 21 89 2    

ScottMo1 1 60      
    nin777 15 71      

• edited February 2013
    In answer to the questions posted by Tikay earlier in the thread:

1. Cash4Points is probably my favourite promo as, to be honest, it's the one that gives me the most... by I reserve a final answer to this until the next golden ticket draw, which will be my favourite if I bink the win :)

2. Cash Champ was enjoyable and, probably, the promo I'd like to see repeated at some point.

That said, it truly taught me why people refer to poker as 'grinding' and gave me far greater respect for those that play this game for a living. Pro poker player always seemed like a dream life to aspire to, but even after the (still limited) number of hands and hours I played in CashChamp I can safely say I wouldn't want to do that day-in, day-out... even if I did make the monumental improvements to my game that would make it a viable option!!

This is a great question for generating some free market research for the site as well... good work.  Love the new ideas though, as much as some of the old promos were great, keep things fresh!

Enjoying the show tonight, kept me sane while I was sat doing work (booo) but now the work laptop has died I can relax with a few hands of micro cash poker (hooray!)

Mike
  • edited February 2013
    ScottMo1160   
    nin7771571

Made a little bit bigger so you can read the name properly :)
  • edited February 2013
    Excellent work tonight guys.

• edited February 2013
    Q1 - What Sky Poker Promotion do you most like, or enjoy?

None of the current promotions really draw me in to be honest. I think the best 'promotion' is C4P but as all sites offer some form of rakeback I don't really include it as a promo. Golden Tickets has encouraged me to get 50 points each day for a week but I'll decide how much I like that promo when the winners get announced ;)

Q2 - Which PREVIOUS Sky Poker Promotion did you most enjoy, & would like to see repeated?

Definitely has to be the whole TSP/league system for me. At the time it ran, I didn't play as much as I do now, nor was I as successful at it as I am now but I'd love to see that back and have the chance to  play some big live MTTs and represent Sky. Great promotion.

P.S. Bring back phone in quizzes live on the show, they were great fun!
  • edited February 2013
    Welcome back to Sky Yiannis,

Got a couple of questions just as a 'get to know you' if that's alright.

1) What's your best/most memorable poker moment? A big MTT win? Playing in a really big live MTT? Meeting a famous pro?

2) What football team do you support? If that's not your game of choice, what's your favourite sport?

3) Finally... do you like trains and ducks?
  • edited February 2013
    Great show guys, good work on your return Freddie, any chance of some Bohemian Rhapsody?

My favourite sky promotion (as a relative newcomer) would be the freerolls, as I have a tiny BR most of the time. Also the fact that by joining in the show you get a chance to a few free entries is great, and helps get people involved.

If it doesnt already exist, would be nice to have a list somewhere of the presenter / analyst's sky ids, so we can know when we are playing them.. Maybe even make their bounties higher???

Ilera
  • edited February 2013

1. Got to agree with Solak on Viva Las Vegas.

2.  the leagues that J. Hartigan ran, such as the Omahartigan league, on Tuesdays. Bring em back.
  • edited February 2013
    Actually found myself here searching for a cormorant duck. Lovely photo.
  • edited February 2013
    Tikay,

A duck is a bird isn't it?

So a cormorant could be both surely? :)
  • edited February 2013
    Cormorant - Any of several large, widely distributed marine diving birds of the genus Phalacrocorax, having dark plumage, webbed feet, a slender hooked bill, and a distensible pouch.

Sounds like a duck to me :p
  • edited February 2013
    hi tikay and yannis, a quick suggestion for tikay, i know you enjoy omaha, how about a weekly ohama league like the dtd on mondays,  this omaha league could run on thursdays.

it will attract more players to omaha and see a different aspect to poker.

the dtd is now a great success with over 200 runners this week, surly we can make omaha a bigger game then it allready is on sky poker.

great show as allways
  • edited February 2013

quick info,  assuming tikay is referring to the s name, s***s are not same as cormorants. cormorants are sea birds,

the others usually inland and different birds.

• edited February 2013
    I've ended up finding the alternative name, I don't think I'm going to look further in to that... for now
  • edited February 2013
    i suspect tikay of FOWL play on this matter
  • edited February 2013
    You're all just a set of RAVEN lunatics! 
  • edited February 2013
    I think Llamas deserves 1 of the 4 seats for making the thread a hive of activity with her duck comment :)