You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15

edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
I realise that most people probably won't see this untill after the Tournament has started, but I still want to post this for people who will see it in time.

This is mainly aimed at those people who have been campaigning on the forums for higher buy-in well-structured tournaments. Let's try and double the guarantee (£500) to show the Sky suits that we're really keen to get tournaments like these going on a more regular basis. All we need to do that is get 50 players to register.

If we want similar events to turn up in future it is essential IMO that we fulfill the guarantee at a bare minimum, but preferably double to show that the interest is really there.

Comments

• edited July 2009
    This is definately something I would be interested in... more poker to be played...!

Am I right to believe that this game isnt in the lobby for tonight...!? Just something we are trying to campaign for...?!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    I realise that most people probably won't see this untill after the Tournament has started, but I still want to post this for people who will see it in time. This is mainly aimed at those people who have been campaigning on the forums for higher buy-in well-structured tournaments. Let's try and double the guarantee (£500) to show the Sky suits that we're really keen to get tournaments like these going on a more regular basis. All we need to do that is get 50 players to register. If we want similar events to turn up in future it is essential IMO that we fulfill the guarantee at a bare minimum, but preferably double to show that the interest is really there.
    Posted by YoungUn
    Thanks for mentioning the tournament YungUn. As a gesture of good will for starting this thread we'll put you in the tournament free of charge and place a £25 bounty on your head to mix things up a little!
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15:
    In Response to £20+£2 DeepStack Tonight @ 7.15 : Thanks for mentioning the tournament YungUn. As a gesture of good will for starting this thread we'll put you in the tournament free of charge and place a £25 bounty on your head to mix things up a little!
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    SHWEEEET! Lol thank you very much Steve, and indeed thanks for stickying it, too.

@AppleMac: No it is in the lobby and kicks off tonight at 7.15 like the title says. Go on MTT's in the Poker Lobby, and I think it's one of the top 4 or 5 that are highlighted in a darker colour. Would be awesome if you could play and give the prize pool a little boost :)
  • edited July 2009
    easy 25 notes for me
  • edited July 2009
    I'll be there if i can get out of work!! Shud be a great tourny could easily double that guarantee with a bit of support!
  • edited July 2009
    The only problem I can see with getting high number in the deep stack is it will most likely still be running when the Five00 kicks off tonight at 9.

So unless players multi-table, you'd probally get more players choosing to sign up for the Five00 with the bigger prize pool than the Deep Stack.

I think if this tournament was to run again in the future, it might be better if it was run on the same evening as a tournament completely different to rival it - the Monday Bounty Hunter for example, this way it will encourage players who want to play a regular tournament (non-BH) to enter the deep stack.

I'm unfortunately busy tonight but would have probally chose to enter the deep stack if I was in tonight.

Also, what is everyone's views on a £4.40+£0.40 satellite for the future for the £20+2 deep stack, if there is one in the future of course. It will increase the numbers entering and may even increase the deep stacks' popularity, hopefully meaning bigger prize-pools.
  • edited July 2009
    Great post Kevilfish.

I agree to an extent about the whole timing thing in accordance with the five-oo. My argument to that is most of the people that can afford to play a £20 tourney on this site are probably quite competent at multi-tabling, so that shouldn't be a problem. I love the idea of making it a regular on a Monday night though, especially as you say that most people who will be interested in playing the Deep Stack won't want to play the BH Tournament and probably vice versa.

I also like the idea of the satellite, will increase the prize pool and get more players involved. The only downside to that is, if I was unable to afford the direct buy-in and needed to satellite, i'm not sure I would want to play for 2 hours just to win a seat in the tournament. So unless they structure the satellite differently (i.e quicker) to the main event I can't see satellites being all too popular.
  • edited July 2009
    The only downside to that is, if I was unable to afford the direct buy-in and needed to satellite, i'm not sure I would want to play for 2 hours just to win a seat in the tournament. So unless they structure the satellite differently (i.e quicker) to the main event I can't see satellites being all too popular.
    Posted by YoungUn
    I agree with this, maybe if a general satellite structure was used, like 2000 starting stack, 7 minute blinds, something like that, similar to the Open or Five00.
  • edited July 2009
    The only problem I can see with getting high number in the deep stack is it will most likely still be running when the Five00 kicks off tonight at 9. So unless players multi-table, you'd probally get more players choosing to sign up for the Five00 with the bigger prize pool than the Deep Stack. I think if this tournament was to run again in the future, it might be better if it was run on the same evening as a tournament completely different to rival it - the Monday Bounty Hunter for example, this way it will encourage players who want to play a regular tournament (non-BH) to enter the deep stack. I'm unfortunately busy tonight but would have probally chose to enter the deep stack if I was in tonight. Also, what is everyone's views on a £4.40+£0.40 satellite for the future for the £20+2 deep stack, if there is one in the future of course. It will increase the numbers entering and may even increase the deep stacks' popularity, hopefully meaning bigger prize-pools.
    Posted by Kevilfish
    I can see what you are trying to say about 2 £20 buyin tournaments on the same night, but in my opinion they are not rivaling each other, as i see them as 2 totally different tournaments! The five00 is just an extension to the Open, same time same structure but bigger buyin, where as the deepstack are for the players who like the longer tournaments with more skill rather than all in or fold after 45 minutes. I think this deepstack MAY struggle on its 1st night or 2 being at 7.15 but once people see it is there it will be very popular! I do like the time of 7.15 as it will probably be done by 11.30 - 12 which is not too bad for a deepstack!
    I just beg the Suits to stick with this trny on a daily basis if it is a small turnout on the 1st attempt until people see it.
  • edited July 2009
    I'm in!! Easy bounty money in my opinion ;)
  • edited July 2009

WOWZER!

£20 Deepie? This is TREMENDOUS NEWS!

We needed this, & lots of us have been pressing for it - now we have to make surre it gets enough numbers to justify it to Sky, & so they keep running these sort of Events.

As soon as I get home, I will play this every night I'm not working. Trust me, I won't miss this for anything. It's great news.

Is it Daily, or weekly, bi-weekly, what?

And here's the Deal. I'll set up a little "League Table" for £20 Deepies, (I'll need some help from you guys to set it up & run it, as I'm well busy & very disorganized), with it's own Forum Thread, & we'll have some sport. Fancy some of that?

I'll chuck a little Prize or two in now & then, too - some Books, Show Shoutouts, or whatever, to spice it up. (This is from me, not Sky, though if they want to offer, I won't say no!).

All those in favour say AYE.

Absolutely BRILIANT news, I'm made up here.

• edited July 2009
    Would be brilliant TK yes im up for that.

We only got 24 runners this time but as i said earlier i wasnt fully expecting it to fill up, but if this is run everyday give it a week it will make double, I had several deepstack players come to my table saying they wish they played and didnt know it was running.

Please stick with this its a great trny and id play it every night!!
  • edited July 2009
    im one of those flashflush, i have training on tuesdays and thursdays so gutted i couldnt play in it tonight, please dont get rid of it, if its on tomorrow night ill be in it!
  • edited July 2009
    Its already up on the lobby for tomorrow!!! same as today !! :-)
  • edited July 2009
    WOWZER! £20 Deepie? This is TREMENDOUS NEWS! We needed this, & lots of us have been pressing for it - now we have to make surre it gets enough numbers to justify it to Sky, & so they keep running these sort of Events. As soon as I get home, I will play this every night I'm not working. Trust me, I won't miss this for anything. It's great news. Is it Daily, or weekly, bi-weekly, what? And here's the Deal. I'll set up a little "League Table" for £20 Deepies, (I'll need some help from you guys to set it up & run it, as I'm well busy & very disorganized), with it's own Forum Thread, & we'll have some sport. Fancy some of that? I'll chuck a little Prize or two in now & then, too - some Books, Show Shoutouts, or whatever, to spice it up. (This is from me, not Sky, though if they want to offer, I won't say no!). All those in favour say AYE. Absolutely BRILIANT news, I'm made up here.
    Posted by Tikay10
    AYE! ABSO-FRIKKING-LUTELY!!

Sky guys - i'm still in with 4 remaining, what happens with my bounty if I win!?
  • edited July 2009

GREAT SHOUT YOUNGUN... IM IN ILL KEEP AN EYE OPEN!

• edited July 2009
    Doesn't matter RE: Bounty - THETANK took it when we got Heads-Up, which was thoroughly enjoyable so wp him.

This was a very good tourney, some good quality play in it. With better advertising this thing should really blossom and therefore hopefully we can start to see more of a similar nature fairly soon.
  • edited July 2009
    Good game guys tonight really enjoyed it cant play tomorrow or sat but will be regular player if this tourney continues.
    Regarding the pay out structures could reaching the final table merit some sort of award ie free entry into another tourney of same value ps finished 5th tonight vested interest lol, just skim a bit of the top places to give final tablers  a bit of an award. Well played Tank by the way you played really well tonight.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks YoungUn & spitfire10, was a great game and a great h/up battle. Well played both.

Hopefully this tourny will get the support it deserves, after all we keep asking for bigger tournys and just 100 players mean 2k Gtd.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi guys, played in the deep stack £500 gtd last night and would like to say how enjoyable it was to play some real poker on line for a change. Well done to the tank for winning and youngun for second. The only small drawback was the payment structure as mentioned by spitfire10 above. I finished 4th and after 3 1/4 hours no reward! HOPEFULLY this tourny will take off BIG time so we can have a decent payment structure, so if you are reading this sign up NOW you wont regret it. Well done sky for trying it out because i think you have a new baby to play with and will become very popular. Good luck at the tables BOSSBOX.
  • edited July 2009
    AYE!!!

this is best news since sliced bread!

im all up for the tourny but not untill the prizepool increases as you can play for 300gtd for £5.50 so i cannot justify paying £22 for an extra £200 but as soon as prize money sort's it's self out count me in.

it's also nice to see that sky are listening and are happy to try new thinks good on them!!!

tikay hope your enjoying your self out there m8!
  • edited July 2009

Hey guys, it's great to see the positive feedback about last night's deepstack. Well done to those who finished in the prizes.

In response to the queries about the payment structure, this is how we plan to structure it going forward:

Place%
    130%
    222.50%
    317.50%
    412.50%
    510%
    67.50%

Please let us know if you think this is a decent structure! (remember it will only be 6 places regardless of number of players) - we'd love to get your feedback on it.

• edited July 2009
    Hey guys, it's great to see the positive feedback about last night's deepstack. Well done to those who finished in the prizes. In response to the queries about the payment structure, this is how we plan to structure it going forward: Place % 1 30% 2 22.50% 3 17.50% 4 12.50% 5 10% 6 7.50% Please let us know if you think this is a decent structure! (remember it will only be 6 places regardless of number of players) - we'd love to get your feedback on it.
    Posted by Sky_SteveM
    wrong thread i know, but can't you look into using this structure or similar for freerolls also, possibly top 10?
  • edited July 2009
    personally i dont think the prize structure needs changing it was just the small amount of entries that went in, i believe if there were only 6 more runners (30) then would of been 5 paid... its just the way it is, 50 runners = 7 70 runners = 10
  • edited July 2009
    BOSSBOX has been the first to enter tonight's £500 Deepstack - so to make things interesting we've put a £25 bounty on his head!
  • edited July 2009
    Well thanks for that steve but i was hopeing to get past the first half an hour!!!!!! lol
  • edited July 2009
    Just posting this to show my interest in this. I will fully support it whenver i have the time to play it, unfortunately thats not tonight or tomorrow but possibly sunday.

Also with regards to the sky team i think the work being done for us is fantastic. First we asked for hand histories and we got em. Then in the space of a couple od days we have 2 fantastic tournaments (this and mickjenn's)
    Thanks again
    Gaz
  • edited July 2009
    you all will b quaking in yer boots the razor is gonna ply...be careful be very careful..
  • edited July 2009
    Well thanks for that steve but i was hopeing to get past the first half an hour!!!!!! lol
    Posted by BOSSBOX
    haha! I'll tell you what bossbox - seeing as it's Friday, I'm feeling generous and I put you under extra pressure in this one, I've entered you in the £9,000 open tonight free of charge in case you bust out early!