You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***)

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
We've got another five hours of Hold'em shenanigans lined up for you - starting at 7pm on channel 861, and 10pm on Sky Sports 4...

7pm - Highlights from the final table of last Sunday's £10k Primo
8pm - The Poker Clinic (please send in Hand IDs and questions)
9pm - Live action from the Master Cash tables
10pm - Top of the Pots
11pm - Real-time hands from the £12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

It's actually a big night for Sky Poker, as we formally welcome Joe Stapleton to our stable of analysts!

A hairy American, yesterday

Got a question for Stapes about poker, comedy or dating? Well, now's your chance to ask him anything you want (within reason), as we present...

Wha'd'ya know, Joe?

This feature is a bit like the (now legendary) 'Ask Tikay' forum thread. Only you get the answers on TV, rather than on the forum. And you're putting questions to Stapes, instead of tikay.

Plus, there are prizes to be won. We'll be giving away four seats in Sunday's Mini Primo, as we play four rounds of...

Twivial Pursuit

Unfamiliar with this game? Well, all will be explained when we go live at 7pm.

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

Comments

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    It's actually a big night for Sky Poker, as we formally welcome Joe Stapleton to our stable of analysts!
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Really? That is great news. I formally welcome Joe to the stable!

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    In Response to Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Really? That is great news. I formally we lcome Jo e to the stable !
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yes...really! :-)

• edited March 2013
    I used to love TWIVIAL PURSUIT, A QUESTION FOR JOE,HOW MANY TIMES HAS MAXALLY BEEN THE BUBBLE BOY,ON SKY POKER :):):):) WELCOME JOE FROM DAFT PAIGE55 XXXXXXXXXX
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***):
    In Response to Thursday's live show on 861/SS4 - with Hartigan & Stapes (***OFFICIAL THREAD***) : Really? That is great news. I formally we lcome Jo e to the stable !
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Please don't say Joe is in a stable, tesco's will put him in a burger!

• edited March 2013
    Going to sound very rear end kissy, but love the Hartigan and Stapes commentary combo. 

Since James mentioned comedy I'm going to take a punt on this, Joe what is your personal opinion. Is British comedy or American comedy better? And why? (looking more for stand-up based responce) 
  • edited March 2013
    Going to sound very rear end kissy, but love the Hartigan and Stapes commentary combo.  Since James mentioned comedy I'm going to take a punt on this, Joe what is your personal opinion. Is British comedy or American comedy better? And why? (looking more for stand-up based responce) 
    Posted by The_Don90

I dont mind sounding rear end kissy mate THEY ARE A GREAT COMBO

Fantastic on the sky poker cash game aswell with the old "Sams gonna have all the chips soon and its not even a sit n go" and "norman is as tight as a Man Utd players shorts in the ninetys" lines.

More please sky.
  • edited March 2013

question to joe...

now that you and liv are a couple, do you think that stalking should no longer be considered antisocial?

• edited March 2013
    If you've got a hand that you'd like to be shown during the poker clinic hour, please post the hand id and background info on this thread!
  • edited March 2013
    Dam does that mean we'll never get Liv on as a guest now ;o(

Welcome Joe,  brilliant to have you on board 

• edited March 2013
    Question for Joe.. or James.

Are you two now officially a couple?.....  Just asking 
  • edited March 2013

A big welcome to Joe Stableton! He is ok in my book so best of luck in your new role. Not that you will need it mind, as you have one of the finest presenters there has ever been on Sky Poker there to help you along. Yes, James Browning is defo one of the best!

A couple of quick fire questions for Joe....

1) Will you be going to any of the SPT's this season?
    2) Can you actually play poker or do you just talk a good game?
    3) If you could chose 3 women to take on a desert island, who would it be and why?
    4) Did you enjoy the Brit pack antics at last year's WSOP?
    5) Who is going win this week's Gold Cup?

Have a good show guys!
  • edited March 2013
    wow so happy Stapes is a "proper" analyst :) tho surely he is only applicable to some of the shows as he cant be trusted with sarah or anna or jules ........ hmmm never thought there would be anyone less trustworthy than carlo with the ladies

only question i can think of is have you stopped laughing from the ernest wiggins vs phil hellmuth double outdraw? (i remember when u 1st came on the show we were years behind and only just watching that bit) and in the same light has there been anymore seasons of the big game and will we ever get them shown over here i wonder?

have a good show guys

ps - nobody mention the hartlepool monkey sailor
  • edited March 2013
    Brilliant news, I loves stapes' unique commentry / analysis style, I look forward to seeing alot more of it on the shows :)
  • edited March 2013
    meh why does this show clash with spurs vs inter milan...?!!

might have to watch both!

Have a good show guys, and welcome Stapes

Question for Stapes

If you could be as gifted at poker as just one professional player, who would it be, and why?

• edited March 2013
    Question for Stapes: How many poker hands has Hartigan commentated on in the last five years?
  • edited March 2013
    Another question for Stapes

Does he play on Sky Poker?

If so, what levels/games. If not, will he open an account and play in the future?
  • edited March 2013
    ps - nobody mention the hartlepool monkey sailor
    Posted by Janana
    Looks like Stapes has come dressed as the monkey!  Just needs a sailors hat!

What did Stapes think of Nani's sending off at old trafford on Tuesday?  Personally I couldn't stop laughing after all the dodgy refs decisions they have had over the years it's about time they had one come back and bite them!

run well all and have fun
  • edited March 2013
    Evening Joe

Best ever BRITISH Situation Comedy please.

My Choice

Porridge - Why?

Born Free
    Til Somebody Caught Me
    Now I'm Doing Solitary

Evening James

Best Ever USA Situation Comedy Please

My Choice

Cheers - Why

Cliff Claven Postal Worker

Finally, hope you are analysing my play on Sky Sports BH final hour 2nite

Cheers

Memfno

• edited March 2013

Good 1st hour guys! Cheers for my prize :)

Off out now to shoot some pool to give the others a chance to win something :) 
  • edited March 2013
    fair play stapes i kinda felt bad for phil too i just thought it was such an epic hand cos of the format and how much we were rooting for the amateur anyway

heres a better question - your thoughts (james too) on the selbst macphee 44 vs a9 hand, my opinion is pretty simple, it takes two to get into a levelling war, what do you guys think?
  • edited March 2013
    If you're showing hands tonight here is one from Mastercash 4. At the time there was only 2 of us at the table so I'm raising like 80% of buttons.

Should I raise bigger on the flop, given I'm gonna be raising here A LOT with much weaker holdings. Is the turn bet a bit small? River value sizing?

Hand History #629809139 (22:07 06/03/2013)

• edited March 2013
    If looking at hands any chance could look at this from first hand of 12k BH from my point of view. I folded after action on flop, was this correct?

• edited March 2013

Hi guys. Bit late in from work and just got in so maybe to late for this but if possible I do have a hand request that I had on Sunday and James said you guys would be revviewing hands tonight.

Was on Master Cash 2: #628716247 (20:18 03/03/2013)

Should I slow down with the appearance of the Ace. My plan was to bet the streets small to keep the pot down as I thought I could be bluffed off the hand if I checked at any point. This is an area I struggle a lot with.

Great show. Thank you

Danny

• edited March 2013
    Hi Guys,

Top show as usual.  I remember watching the feed when the Calfont song came out.  That was genius but who was the guy who was from the Hill people and did he ever find out about that nickname :)

Keep up the good work

Stewart1
  • edited March 2013
    in regards to Joes question on my 68 hand, if i dont hit straight on river i think it depends on the river card, but honestly i think i call and stick to my read
  • edited March 2013

Welcome to the team Joe, great show so far looking forward to more.

Which tournament do you think that you have done your best commentary on?

• edited March 2013
    Hi guys, great show, good to see Stapes become a regular.

In the spirit of asking new people questions, it has to be what is your favourite concrete? If that is too easy, which is your favourite motorway gantry?

Oh, and which is the best American football team? (Note there is only 1 right answer to this!)
  • edited March 2013
    Joe is awesome, really enjoying him on show. 

2 new questions for Joe. 

He said i bust him in a bounty hunter, what buy in event and what day? - play alot of bountys normally so good chance. Would be nice to tell him i put his chips to good use. 

Second question, If i was to plan a holiday to the states, suitable for the family (so not vegas) what areas would be best to go to see america for what america has to offer without being too touristy. 
  • edited March 2013
    Hi James and Jo

Good luck to Jo on joining Sky Poker.
    Question for Jo.
    When and where did you meet james for the first time and what was you both doing?
    Love
    Sue (Kidgirlgy)
    xx
  • edited March 2013
    Hello James and Joe -- great show guys!

Can you please show hand 630154085 -- I had JJ on the button and played it a little temid after winning 2 huge pots...but I really felt the guy had a 3 and didn't want to give back my earlier gains...what do you think?

Joe, i am also an American living in the British Isles as well...hope you enjoy your time in this nice country.

Cheers guy!
    zenbuddha