You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition...

Comments

• edited March 2013

3.15 hu standard are missing ??

3.30 six max standard also gone ??

When they removed the poker league and the cash prizes on offer each month i moved to playing mainly the above games,now these have been removed too..
    why ?? these were very popular,i really dont understand.

Will the 5.25 hu standard games be next for the chop??
  • edited March 2013
    50/50's sound quite good but please don't get rid of DYM's.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition...:
    Looks like its just the hypers as they have already changed back :( No consideration for the rest of us.
    Posted by Hotwheals
    Thought that might be the case! Having read the thread that Lambert started there is little/no reference to HUSNG this refers mainly to 6/10 man Sit N Goes. To my knowledge a thread started by one player with a dozen others contributing hardly makes for effective research/consultation. Could sky/anyone please give me the thought process behind the new structures and how this makes the format better (I am refereeing to HUSNG here not standard SNG) I play alot of Turbo's and the removal of the 10/20 levels means that after 2 mins alot of the time we are playing shove/fold poker this is neither skillful nor fun.
  • edited March 2013
    Hmmm... it does seem that only the hypers have been repaired.

Hopefully the turbo and standard HU games will also have their structures changed back to include the 10/20 level. Removing this level from the turbos is a particular problem as it takes the starting stack from 50BB to just 33BB, much closer to the hypers' starting stack of 25BB. Reducing the play, stepping on the hypers' toes and making them less distinct from one another.

I'm not sure anyone is fussed that the 6-max starting stack is now 50BB and not 75BB but in heads-up it will make a considerable difference, so perhaps the regular speed HU blind levels should be changed back too.
  • edited March 2013
    3.15 hu standard are missing ?? 3.30 six max standard also gone ?? When they removed the poker league and the cash prizes on offer each month i moved to playing mainly the above games,now these have been removed too.. why ?? these were very popular,i really dont understand. Will the 5.25 hu standard games be next for the chop??
    Posted by FINS
    They obviously dont want us STANDARD structure players around as we probably dont give them enough rake per hour :(
  • edited March 2013
    Come on guys. I'd put money on the fact that this is plain and simple just a clerical error. It's probably been resolved for the Hypers because someone mentioned it was incorrect in the Hypers so they were made aware. Now it's been highlighted the same issue has happened with Turbos, I bet it gets fixed.
  • edited March 2013
    On the matter of some games being removed, as I said earlier, it's very likely that this has been done to boost the number of games actually starting - Funnelling players into fewer games.

This whole restructuring has happened because SNG's on Sky have been virtually dead, with games hardly ever running. The most important thing is not to offer lots of variety but to actually offer games that get started. Up until now there have been occasions when you could be left waiting half an hour or longer for a game to fill, if it fills at all.

Removing certain buy-in levels, certain types of game and certain blind speeds, as well as altering the blind structure, is intended (I expect) to enable Sky to compete with Stars and others. If you can go to a competitor and be playing inside two minutes but on Sky it takes thirty, you're going to go and play with that competitor. The key thing about SNG's is that they start quickly and if they don't do that on Sky, they have no future.

Regarding the idea that this entire change came about after a single thread; Well I can promise you that it didn't. I have started and contributed to at least three threads on this subject in the last few months, each of which stretched to some considerable length. If you don't like what the voices on those threads were saying, then I'm sorry. However these threads were open to everybody and only those who wrote on them could be heard. You can hardly justify a complaint that Sky Poker doesn't listen to it's customers, if those customers you would like them to listen to aren't talking. Many of us were.

I'm sure that Sky_Dave will be along at some point to either explain why the HU blinds have been altered or tell us that they will be returned to their previous structure.
  • edited March 2013
    I hope your right lambert because if not i may have to leave as i dont play shove/fold poker.
  • edited March 2013
    Hotwheals i have yet to play a standard since the changes, how much of a change is it just a removal of the first level? if so still plenty of time to not have to play shove/fold poker. I played a speed 5.25 and even in that there was loads of time for play..
  • edited March 2013
    I hope your right lambert because if not i may have to leave as i dont play shove/fold poker.
    Posted by Hotwheals
    I take it you don't ever go deep in an MTT then?
  • edited March 2013
    Hotwheals i have yet to play a standard since the changes, how much of a change is it just a removal of the first level? if so still plenty of time to not have to play shove/fold poker. I played a speed 5.25 and even in that there was loads of time for play..
    Posted by benc

Hi ben

The problem is, is that it just aint standard anymore. Is not right to be able to play 12 standard games in 1 hour 15 mins lol. I just dont feel its fair if the hypers are changed back and the other HU games are not.

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : I take it you don't ever go deep in an MTT then?
    Posted by Lambert180

Yes i won DTD 2 the other evening in a 260 field. But never shove folded, just timed my plays.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : I take it you don't ever go deep in an MTT then?
    Posted by Lambert180
      AStactful and diplomatic as ever  LOL.
  • edited March 2013
    I just noticed an issue using the filters in that the new speed HU games are shown with the reg speed structured games. Would it not be best to show the reg speed games as normal speed and the new speed games as quick?

I would also like to say the new structures on the reg speeds do need addressing and returned to their original format. However level 5 of the new structure I feel should remain in place (100/50, 150/75), instead of the original (100/50, 200/100) blind levels. The previous blind structure increase was far to fast, especially for a reg speed HUSNG. 

Also I see you have removed the £15.75 reg speeds from the lobby, can you explain why and whether these will be returned as these games did seem to get decent traffic?

• edited March 2013
    Can we have a DYM, SaG, 50/50, HU, Turbo, Hyper, Faster, Slower, Deep Stack, with knobs on please.
    Jez my heads spinning.......lol.
  • edited March 2013
    Can we have a DYM, SaG, 50/50, HU, Turbo, Hyper, Faster, Slower, Deep Stack, with knobs on please. Jez my heads spinning.......lol.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    No-one wants to sag my man!
  • edited March 2013
    No HU £3.15 Turbos in lobby -- have they been discontinued? Goes from £2 to £5 ??
  • edited March 2013
    Great addition Dave. Nice one
  • edited March 2013
    Any chance of some real clarification on whats happening or you just going to pretend we didnt ask :/
  • edited March 2013
    Any chance of some real clarification on whats happening or you just going to pretend we didnt ask :/
    Posted by Hotwheals

Exactly -- I play £3 HU Turbos .... but gone now

• edited March 2013
    I suspect they've gone home. They probably only work like 9-5 ish.
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Hotwheals
    Very doubtful, no contact from sky on this thread for seven hours, tried ringing customer care but equally clueless. For such a major company there communication skills are some of the worst I have ever seen!!
  • edited March 2013
    looking forward to playing 50/50 later and starting my s&g 4 win campaign lol...
  • edited March 2013
    so one day you tidy up the sit and go lobby, streamlining things, then the very next day we add more into the lobby.

just noticed 12 seat and 18 seat timed sit and go's.

really??????
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sit & Go Changes and a 50/50 addition... : These would dilute liquidity from the other games. With a small player pool you can't afford to offer too many alternatives. Getting games running quickly has to be the priority, so funnelling players into fewer games is preferable.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    So I've lost all my favourite stress relief games to solidify liquidity.WHY are they splitting it again by adding more new sit & go's i.e. 12 & 18 timed games?
    Yet more games with 2min blind that I will never play.
  • edited March 2013
    I spend hours at a time posting in the clinic, trying to get people to apply a cohesive strategy to their poker game.

It seems as though Sky Poker need a lesson in this themselves as there seems to be a serious lack of genuine long-term planning in their thinking. It seems one day they decided to clean things up to get more games running, to boost the liquidity and hopefully increase the player pool by reducing the bewildering variety of alternatives. Good idea, you might think. Games starting fairly quickly is clearly what sit and go's are all about.

The next day someone comes in with a "great idea" and seemingly without any thought of a cohesive business plan, they just knock up another crazy variant, which will never run but will manage to dilute liquidity. Honestly, this is ridiculous.

Even if timed sit and go's were a good idea, which they are not, this is not the site to implement them. There are currently roughly 1000 players logged onto the site. How on Earth can anyone expect more than 1% of them to want to play a silly, gimicky, ten minute sit and go?

What's the point of having them anyway, when there are timed MTT's going off every half an hour. You'll be waiting longer than that to get one of these timed SNG's started. Does nobody think about these things?

What was the purpose of yesterday's changes, if not to try to increase the number of games starting?

I really am befuddled by the lack of thought that goes on behind the scenes.

Let's all just lol and play cash and MTT's.
  • edited March 2013
    I suspect they've gone home. They probably only work like 9-5 ish.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Is this Monday to Wednesday??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    I spend hours at a time posting in the clinic, trying to get people to apply a cohesive strategy to their poker game. It seems as though Sky Poker need a lesson in this themselves as there seems to be a serious lack of genuine long-term planning in their thinking. It seems one day they decided to clean things up to get more games running, to boost the liquidity and hopefully increase the player pool by reducing the bewildering variety of alternatives. Good idea, you might think. Games starting fairly quickly is clearly what sit and go's are all about. The next day someone comes in with a "great idea" and seemingly without any thought of a cohesive business plan, they just knock up another crazy variant, which will never run but will manage to dilute liquidity. Honestly, this is ridiculous. Even if timed sit and go's were a good idea, which they are not, this is not the site to implement them. There are currently roughly 1000 players logged onto the site. How on Earth can anyone expect more than 1% of them to want to play a silly, gimicky, ten minute sit and go? What's the point of having them anyway, when there are timed MTT's going off every half an hour. You'll be waiting longer than that to get one of these timed SNG's started. Does nobody think about these things? What was the purpose of yesterday's changes, if not to try to increase the number of games starting? I really am befuddled by the lack of thought that goes on behind the scenes. Let's all just lol and play cash and MTT's.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Obviously reading the thread just won't answer.
     The 18 man timed has gone(at my level don't know about the rest) and the 12 has changed to 5min blinds.But that still does not address the problem of removing popular games to increase liquidity just to split it again!
  • edited March 2013
    Been now 24 hours since any SKY representative posted on this thread, This only adds more weight to my claim that SKY have some of the worst customer service skills in the workplace today across all there services. Questions have been asked by forum members on several issues but these seem to have been completly ignored with a hope in my opinion of brushing this fiasco under the carpet. Its about time SKY Dave and his team had the balls to come out a field some of these questions instead of hoping this whole mess will go away!
  • edited March 2013
    There are fair criticisms and unfair criticisms.

Claiming Sky Poker do not communicate with their players is firmly in the latter category. Try going to Pokerstars and see how much they listen to your opinion.