You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

scotty77 crushing UKIPT

2»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    First break on 100k still. Had a rush and got upto 130 or so. Then last hand before the break one of the weaker players opens to 5k at 1/2k/200a I 3b KJss to 10k and a very loose aggro guy cold 4s out of the bb to 15k.  OR folds and I peel.

Flop 773ss he leads for 12k. I thought about raising here with my equity but we still have 40bb behind and don't think I can rep too much tbh so peel. Turn 10d and he jams so have to fold.  Feel good tho and happy with my table. I think around 15 to the bubble.
  • edited March 2013
    Good luck Rylan.

Take to take this baby home!
  • edited March 2013
    Good Luck Ryan!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: scotty77 crushing UKIPT:
    noticed a number of ukipt early departured turn up to play the afternoon £50 freeze-out at the empire yesterday. quality of play was definitely higher/different than usual. 3rd and 2nd were a couple of brazilian mates. dealers were very tough to avoid collusion.  as for the winner, woohoo, yes it is a brag post. So come on Ryan. while i mop up the casulties you send them over and TID.
    Posted by GELDY
    Top work Geldyyyyyyyyyyyy
  • edited March 2013
    gooood luck ryan, rootin for ya...same goes for runitsraan if he's still in,

& way to go geldy, nice one!
  • edited March 2013
    German 2 UKIPT guy opens SB I peel BB out of 110k at 1.2/2.4 Flop 689r he bets 4.6 I go to 13.6 he tank peels. Turn 5c bringing club FD. He checks calls my 17k bet. River Qs he checks I jam 75k all in. After 6 mins he calls. I show him the T7cc. 225k. 148 left 144 paid.
  • edited March 2013
    German 2 UKIPT guy opens SB I peel BB out of 110k at 1.2/2.4 Flop 689r he bets 4.6 I go to 13.6 he tank peels. Turn 5c bringing club FD. He checks calls my 17k bet. River Qs he checks I jam 75k all in. After 6 mins he calls. I show him the T7cc. 225k. 148 left 144 paid.
    Posted by scotty77
    Nice one Ryan
    Keep it going m8 - GL.
  • edited March 2013
    Bubble Burst at 3.39pm Ryan was on about 200K (Ish)

GoooooRyan. gl
  • edited March 2013
    235k at 2/4k. Table includes Ben Jackson, Willie Tann and the Mad Turk. Sure that Tikay could tell a story or 2 about the last 2 names...whether they are on message tho is another thing! Still both legends inUK poker
  • edited March 2013
    235k at 2/4k. Table includes Ben Jackson, Willie Tann and the Mad Turk. Sure that Tikay could tell a story or 2 about the last 2 names...whether they are on message tho is another thing! Still both legends inUK poker
    Posted by scotty77
    Ha!

I could tell plenty of "on Message" stories about Mad Turk, but I think I'll swerve the Willie Tann hospital pass thank you very much....Jeez, there are some stories on that Gent. I hasten to add, we get along OK.

Well done on the big hand. 7-10? Unraised pot in the BB? There surely can be no other reason to be in the hand with such a bag of spanners?......

Lok forward to seeing your name prominent among the Overnights.
  • edited March 2013

A 'Suitable for all viewers' story about Willie Tann.

Willie does well in a tournament at the Vic, wins a five figure sum.  Very nice indeed.  It's late so he goes to the cage to get his cash and leave for home.  It was around this time on an unrelated note that the Vic manager decided to set up a dice table by the exit.

[ ] Willie left with a five figure sum.

True legend of UK poker though and I love to see it when he does well.

• edited March 2013
    A 'Suitable for all viewers' story about Willie Tann. Willie does well in a tournament at the Vic, wins a five figure sum.  Very nice indeed.  It's late so he goes to the cage to get his cash and leave for home.  It was around this time on an unrelated note that the Vic manager decided to set up a dice table by the exit. [ ] Willie left with a five figure sum. True legend of UK poker though and I love to see it when he does well.
    Posted by TommyD
    !

There is a similar story for when Willie won his WSOP Bracelet, it was the VERY last Event of the WSOP that year, & I think he won $170,000 or somesuch.

For all his faults - there but for the grace of God go I & all that - yes, everyone loves to see Willie do well, & he always has a huge rail when he makes a Final Table.  

• edited March 2013
    Posted by scotty77
    I know yucel ( the mad Turk ) he lives in BRmingham by me and see him at live events and he is so funny and brilliant table banter ftw
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: scotty77 crushing UKIPT : I know yucel ( the mad Turk ) he lives in BRmingham by me and see him at live events and he is so funny and brilliant table banter ftw
    Posted by macapaca
    Mad Turk played the SPT final last year and was on the same table as tikay and I. He totally crushed me in at least three pots, and found kk to beat my AQ to knock me out! (Yucel, not tikay, lol)

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: scotty77 crushing UKIPT : Mad Turk played the SPT final last year and was on the same table as tikay and I. He totally crushed me in at least three pots, and found kk to beat my AQ to knock me out! (Yucel, not tikay, lol)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    So he was, I'd forgotten that.

I made it 3,000 at 500-1,200 with 9-9, & he shoved on me for 120,000!

I pass to anyone else there, but even I could make that call. 

PS - It was a reverse race. He had 8-3. ;)

• edited March 2013
    gl scotty tid m8
  • edited March 2013
    Looks like Ryan has made it through Day 2, 47th of 49 with 129000 chips £1870 in the bag so far, next pay jump to £2240 for top 48.
  • edited March 2013
    Best of luck Ryan mate
  • edited March 2013
    Frustrating day but I'm still in!  Got upto 300k or so a few times then just dropped chips.

Pretty much everytime I opened/3bet light someone would either 3bet me or get the old cold 4 bet out.  Everytime I opened/3bet with a big hand, snap folds from around the table!

With 5 hands left a shortstack jammed 10bb UTG and I found AJ in the SB.  Just had to call.  He had 66 and held.  Difference between taking a 35bb stack and a 13bb one.

Still 13bb to spin which means I'm still in it, chip and a chair and all that.  Tikay could probably find a final from there tbh. 

But an early double would be fantastic.
  • edited March 2013
    Good lucky Ryan, a chip and a chair and a tournament to bring down.

All the way buddy!
  • edited March 2013

Great effort Ryan.

Ladder up a few more spots & we have ourselves an EPT Seat. ;)

spin that bowl
  • edited March 2013
    good luck mate
  • edited March 2013
    Unlucky Ryan.

Very well played and still a very decent cash.