You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

There is a TSP final tonight but Tikay's 5 'picks' have not been announced yet. There are players already in tonight's lobby that have been mentioned elsewhere that might of made the cut.

1) Have the 5 been selected yet?
2) If so, do they know they have been selected?
3) When will the announcement be made on who has been selected to all?

Lobby so far....

memfno2500  madeyeII2500  lyonsbob062500  joesman12500  beaneh2500  aussie092500  andrew19472500  TommyD2500  HITMAN_RV2500

Comments

• edited March 2013

Hi Alan,

I intend - like any good football Manager - to keep my cards close to my chest. So, trying to answer your questions.....

1) I have in mind the 5 I think will serve the Team best, I'm looking for a blend of playing ability & good Team Members who will gee up the rest of the Team. 

2) None of my Picks knows they have been selected. If they happen to win a seat tonight, it saves me a headache & a selection problem, & frees up an extra space for me to select someone else. Those who enter tonight's TSP Tourney are playing for a standard Prize Pool, Guaranteed at £1,000, & the winner will take his normal, cash, share of that. He or she will ALSO get the first TSP Seat, being a guaranteed place in the Team.

3) I have not decided when I will reveal my hand yet.  

• edited March 2013

Just in case anyone is not clear on this, this Team Sky Poker is not intended to be anything remotely like the last one, it is completely different.

Our players may, or may not, be existing, regular, Sky Poker players.

I want a blend, & a fun group who will enjoy themselves, play well, support & Rail each other, & represent our Team well. That is the only set of criteria.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker:
    Just in case anyone is not clear on this, this Team Sky Poker is not intended to be anything remotely like the last one, it is completely different. Our players may, or may not, be existing, regular, Sky Poker players.   I want a blend, & a fun group who will enjoy themselves, play well, support & Rail each other, & represent our Team well. That is the only set of criteria.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thank you for your responses to this thread Tikay.

Couple of points brought up by your points.

1) If a player has already been selected but is still attempting the sats, will they not be losing unnecessary cash in doing so?

2) If they are non playing Sky players ATM and are chosen just because they are known to yourself, you will possibly come under some managerial criticism.......which I know you will be able to handle, but you will have to practice some press conference questions which will be fired at you.

Too early for chants of 'Kendall out!' ? :)
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : Thank you for your responses to this thread Tikay. Couple of points brought up by your points. 1) If a player has already been selected but is still attempting the sats, will they not be losing unnecessary cash in doing so? 2) If they are non playing Sky players ATM and are chosen just because they are known to yourself, you will possibly come under some managerial criticism.......which I know you will be able to handle, but you will have to practice some press conference questions which will be fired at you. Too early for chants of 'Kendall out!' ? :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    As long as it's not Orford in we will be ok!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : Thank you for your responses to this thread Tikay. Couple of points brought up by your points. 1) If a player has already been selected but is still attempting the sats, will they not be losing unnecessary cash in doing so? 2) If they are non playing Sky players ATM and are chosen just because they are known to yourself, you will possibly come under some managerial criticism.......which I know you will be able to handle, but you will have to practice some press conference questions which will be fired at you. Too early for chants of 'Kendall out!' ? :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    1) There is a £1,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool irrespective of the seat, so no, they would not be wasting money. These transparent attempts to get me to reveal my Team will not work. Extra training for you.

2) It has already been suggested - elsewhere - that I will select my "friends". I'm used to coming under scrutiny from poker players here & elsewhere, so I'll just have to accept that. I get to select my picks, but I then have to forward the names to the Directors, who will have the final say. I have been given Director's approval for one name I already have in mind.  

3) Never too early for chants like that.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : As long as it's not Orford in we will be ok!
    Posted by cenachav
    Orford?

Who are you, who are you
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : 1) There is a £1,000 Guaranteed Prize Pool irrespective of the seat, so no, they would not be wasting money. These transparent attempts to get me to reveal my Team will not work. Extra training for you.   2) It has already been suggested - elsewhere - that I will select my "friends". I'm used to coming under scrutiny from poker players here & elsewhere, so I'll just have to accept that. I get to select my picks, but I then have to forward the names to the Directors, who will have the final say. I have been given Director's approval for one name I already have in mind.   3) Never too early for chants like that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I think you should pick that macapaca guy, he is a decent lad but a bit of a fish, but heard he would look good in a blue team sky poker hoody ftw lol.

• edited March 2013
    I think evilpingu is a certainty along with Andrew1947, scotty77, greghogg and karluke.

You have heard it here 1st
  • edited March 2013
    I think everyone has different ideas on the best team Tikay so personally i dont think which 5 you choose your going to come under critisim. As Ive heard you say many times you cant keep everyone happy, and im sure your aware of this.

Im looking forward to the announcement of this team, and i like your requirements - wish i met them better now lol.
  • edited March 2013
    i`m sure the 5 tikay will pick will deserve it but what I like to know is it goin to be a mix of mtt/stt/cash players or mainly mtt players.
  • edited March 2013
    Every good team needs a Big Friendly German #justsaying
  • edited March 2013
    As almost everything started from Greece, every good team must have a Greek in it to have some solid foundations. #justaddingtogiantscomment.
  • edited March 2013
    A beard is always handy to have on a team. 
  • edited March 2013
    A fish is required to make the rest look good :D Im available !!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    A fish is required to make the rest look good :D Im available !!!!!!
    Posted by JPW33
    lol, Me too!!
  • edited March 2013
    Every good team needs a Big Friendly German #justsaying
    Posted by Giant811
    You are big and German, you almost qualify...
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : You are big and German, you almost qualify...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    2 out of 3 ain't bad...
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: TSP Questions for Tikay/Sky Poker : 2 out of 3 ain't bad...
    Posted by Giant811
    Now you DEFINANTLY ain't Meatloaf
  • edited March 2013
    how about keith alan joe myles and toby oh i forgot they all got shafted by someone 
  • edited March 2013
    how about keith alan joe myles and toby oh i forgot they all got shafted by someone 
    Posted by ste1722

Is this about westlife and Louis Walsh ?
  • edited March 2013
    who won the tsp final last night?
  • edited March 2013
    touchsmart1975001£1260.05
    albania02£825.55
    goldnballz03£510.54
    Jeno204£412.77
    ctbn05£336.74
    dantb1006£282.43
    Wacko9007£238.97
    RUNITSRANN08£195.53
    Jeffter09£152.07
    LOL_RAISE010£130.35
    goldenb238

Regards Alan

• edited March 2013
    touchsmart 197500 1 £1260.05 albania 0 2 £825.55 goldnballz 0 3 £510.54 Jeno2 0 4 £412.77 ctbn 0 5 £336.74 dantb10 0 6 £282.43 Wacko90 0 7 £238.97 RUNITSRANN 0 8 £195.53 Jeffter 0 9 £152.07 LOL_RAISE 0 10 £130.35 goldenb238 Regards Alan 0 11
    Posted by ajmilton
    thanks m8
  • edited March 2013
    The logical thing to look for is players who have proven track records in the bigger buy in events.  It takes extreme levels of concentration to play top drawer poker for 3 days in a row.  

Your going to be looking at names who have FT multiple ukops tourneys in the same series, and FT in additional series, throw in a live spt FT and your looking at a limited bunch to pick from. 

Thats represents the best value for sky, but I'd gues that 2/3 max of the 5 picks will be sky regs, depending on who qualifies through the TSP tourneys.  
  • edited March 2013
    Don't think it's gonna be 100% on results, it's gonna be partly on the personality and ability to represent Sky well.
  • edited March 2013
    Don't think it's gonna be 100% on results, it's gonna be partly on the personality and ability to represent Sky well.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Personality!?!? Sigh, there goes any chance tommy or I had of getting in!
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Lambert180
    and number of forum posts!
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by Lambert180

• edited March 2013
    Posted by Lambert180

• edited March 2013
    Well I didn't wanna say Matt....  ;)

FWIW David, if it was based on just results, he could have made his decisions in <5 mins.