You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list

Comments

• edited December 2009
    i feel hurt rich no title ....taxi for oooorrfford, thats urs delta,,,,on my way control
  • edited December 2009
    Good to be on the list, even if it is due to the visual talents of Alan lol... looking forward to Tuesday. Hoping to play a bit Sat day time, though got to go in to work :(  6 day week.. wattttttttt lol
  • edited December 2009
    Wonderful comments kalooki,

I see I have taught you well in the ways of the priesthood.

God bless you brother
  • edited December 2009
    im the mascot,love it.you are most kind my gracious lord and i will be playing plenty of B/H in the coming days to ready myself for the battlefield.dav
  • edited December 2009
    At the moment i have seriously NOT enjoyed playing Poker over the last 48 hours.

Winning TKO for Team Orford against Team Kenneth Kendall even though its 2-0 to them was very enjoyable on Tuesday Night but since then i have had no luck whatsoever and have kept running into opponents hitting straights on the flop and i've hit 2 pair/trips vs 2 pair/KK vs AA (3 times!!!)/drawing dead and i'm not happy.

The word WIN means an awful lot to me and ill admit i despise the word LOSE and to hit this miserable run of form is something i ain't laughing about so what kind of mood ill be in on Tuesday for Leg 3 i simply don't know but the only thing that will cheer me up is if i either win Leg 3 myself or any of my fellow Orfordites do the business!!!

Anyway got a great day at Sandown Park to look forward to tomorrow and then afterwards a nice little jaunt into Esher High Street tomorrow evening and i don't have to watch his Lordship Dicky Orford do his forfeit which is a relief!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list:
    Wonderful comments kalooki, I see I have taught you well in the ways of the priesthood. God bless you brother
    Posted by vaigret
    Thank you mentor
  • edited December 2009
    Vice captain here sir and hoping to see some points improvement in the last 3 games. 3-0 still gonna happen for us :)
  • edited December 2009
    We are proud of our leader and we will continue to do you proud our lovely leader Rich! xxxxx
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list:
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : BUSTED!!! ;) x
    Posted by LML
    Crikey, that is a bad taste in Music you have there Lisa lol!!!
  • edited December 2009
    We are proud of our leader and we will continue to do you proud our lovely leader Rich! xxxxx
    Posted by candi
    I'll certainly agree on that!!!!

IN ORFORD WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!

BTW before i log off for the night, can anyone recommend a decent boozer to visit in Esher tomorrow evening lol!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : I'll certainly agree on that!!!! IN ORFORD WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!! BTW before i log off for the night, can anyone recommend a decent boozer to visit in Esher tomorrow evening lol!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    The Bear Esher High Street... LOVELY!! or there's one call The Ewe.. Pretty sure it's the The Ewe.. it's further out though.

Great food, pool table and a friendly faces behind the bars!

x
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : Crikey, that is a bad taste in Music you have there Lisa lol!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
     Lol x
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Rich and fellow orfordites

I am proud to be a stalwart in our fine squad, unfairly 2-0 down due to corruption and flawed scoring, but never the less ready to turn it round and become heroic 3-2 victors.  We really couldnt have written a better script for this, so lets all make sure we are ready on tuesday to start our wonderful journey to stardom

Stalwart buisty
  • edited December 2009
    there even nicking are ideas now
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : The Bear Esher High Street... LOVELY!! or there's one call The Ewe.. Pretty sure it's the The Ewe.. it's further out though. Great food, pool table and a friendly faces behind the bars! x
    Posted by LML
    Lisa you are a star!!!!

Just this second arrived back to a rather damp Manchester (Quelle Surprise lol!) from a super day at Sandown Park and my mood is somewhat happier as i'm £50 in front for the day!!!. Saw a certain Mr McCririck doing his stuff for a certain other channel and boy was he in a bad mood today but that's the usual norm you get with Big Mac lol!

After the racing went in the Bear pub for a few beers (as both me and my mate could not be bothered finding anywhere else lol!) and there was a tremendous atmosphere and a really decent pub all round and anyone that plans to go to Sandown Park Races in the near future, i seriously recommend dining in a fantastic restaurant called Red Peppers and they mainly do Italian/Americana dishes and the Rib Eye Steak is just sooo divine!!.

PS: Hope Lord Dicky has recovered from his forfeit lol!!!!

x
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : The Bear Esher High Street... LOVELY!! or there's one call The Ewe.. Pretty sure it's the The Ewe.. it's further out though. Great food, pool table and a friendly faces behind the bars! x
    Posted by LML
    I'm not accusing Lisa of being a lush or anything, but does anyone find it weird that she lives in North London and yet can immediately recommend two pubs in a town in Surrey?

Does she have recommendations for every place-name in Britain I wonder?
  • edited December 2009
    OK, Merenovice, Tallboy, Diggerman, D3adh4nd5s, Aski and Delta- you have all now entered the Hall of Fame (see revised list in original post).

If anyone else would like to be added- let me know what job on the team you'd like and I'll oblige!
  • edited December 2009
       lol,,Richard  quote ,  "I'm not accusing Lisa of being a lush or anything, but does anyone find it weird that she lives in North London and yet can immediately recommend two pubs in a town in Surrey?

Does she have recommendations for every place-name in Britain I wonder?  Unquote !!

I also liked the bit about, about friendly faces behind the bar,?? 
    She's not    'moonlighting' there is she ??   
    In the disguise of .....Nell Gwyn !!!   Singing, "Yes  Boss, No Boss, Three bags full Boss"  :))

• edited December 2009
    My fellow Orfidians:

Before we commence our fight on Tuesday I leave you with the words of Dylan Thomas:

Do not go gentle into that good night, 

Old age should burn and rave at close of day; 

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

• edited December 2009

my lord, i thank you for my place as team poet and am in the process of penning chapter two.

I also thank you for the shout out you gave my misses last night on master cash (her names katy by the way) she hasent shut up about it all day lol even if she does think the gnome was cute.....

your loyal Orfordian deadhands

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : I'm not accusing Lisa of being a lush or anything, but does anyone find it weird that she lives in North London and yet can immediately recommend two pubs in a town in Surrey? Does she have recommendations for every place-name in Britain I wonder?
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I honestly used to know a guy like that. Mind you, he was built like Giant Haystacks so not quite the same as LML.
    Everybody that was going somewhere new at the weekend would pop in to see him on a Friday for the best pubs - a tremendous asset, I think you'll agree.
  • edited December 2009
    OK, Merenovice, Tallboy, Diggerman, D3adh4nd5s, Aski and Delta- you have all now entered the Hall of Fame (see revised list in original post). If anyone else would like to be added- let me know what job on the team you'd like and I'll oblige!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Thanks for this, I'm thrilled with my post and can see why there is such competition for it.
    I think the original role was "LML muzzler" but I much prefer the current job description.
    I'll try not to let you down, Mr. Orford, sir.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : Thanks for this, I'm thrilled with my post and can see why there is such competition for it. I think the original role was "LML muzzler" but I much prefer the current job description. I'll try not to let you down, Mr. Orford, sir.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Lol-OMG- sorry Vince, Freudian slip from me there!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: We few, we happy few, we band of brothers: TEAM ORFORD- the list : Lol-OMG- sorry Vince, Freudian slip from me there!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Absolutely NO apologies required.
    It's a dirty job ...
  • edited December 2009
    well all i can say is I am proud to be an Orfordian, we are dignified in defeat but will not be so on Tuesday after the rout, what are the odds on all 100 cashed being Orford's  Lol
  • edited December 2009
    Im honoured you put me on the list (I think) and for you sir I promise I will step away from the 3-5 suited and fold them every time
  • edited December 2009
    Im honoured you put me on the list (I think) and for you sir I promise I will step away from the 3-5 suited and fold them every time
    Posted by 35suited
    unless your BB and only the SB has called you, then i feel u may cheak lol
  • edited December 2009
    Orfordians- feel free to cope and paste the team hierarchy list- and add your good name to it along with your preferred job title for tonight!  :)
  • edited December 2009

Oh, the Orfords have copied our idea of a Team Structure at last?

Imitation is the best form of flattery, I always think. And you'll ll be flatteried tonight.
  • edited December 2009
    Oh, the Orfords have copied our idea of a Team Structure at last? Imitation is the best form of flattery, I always think. And you'll ll be flatteried tonight.
    Posted by Tikay10
      Is that why you`ve got the same profile pic as Rich! Lol :)