You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

If you want to play

the worst of the worst at 4nl

Log on during a night where brit teams are playing European footy. I presume they have won a few quid on the footy and need to gamble some more.

Some the the hands are too funny.

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Bit harsh to be honest, some people are just playing for a bit of fun and a gamble.
  • edited March 2013
    Exhibit 1
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    calcalfold Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £11.89
    forid Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.92
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

irene1957 Fold        
    stfc_1953 Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £3.64
    ALFIENOAKE Fold        
    POKERFACEJ Call   £0.12 £0.30 £2.76
    calcalfold Call   £0.10 £0.40 £11.79
    forid Raise   £0.16 £0.56 £2.76
    stfc_1953 Call   £0.08 £0.64 £3.56
    POKERFACEJ Call   £0.08 £0.72 £2.68
    calcalfold Call   £0.08 £0.80 £11.71
    Flop

• Q
    • J
    • Q

calcalfold Check        
    forid Check        
    stfc_1953 Check        
    POKERFACEJ Bet   £0.80 £1.60 £1.88
    calcalfold Call   £0.80 £2.40 £10.91
    forid Call   £0.80 £3.20 £1.96
    stfc_1953 Fold        
    Turn

• A

calcalfold Check        
    forid All-in   £1.96 £5.16 £0.00
    POKERFACEJ All-in   £1.88 £7.04 £0.00
    calcalfold Call   £1.96 £9.00 £8.95
    calcalfold Show
    • J
    • J

forid Show
    • A

POKERFACEJ Show

River

calcalfold Win Full House, Jacks and Queens £8.32   £17.27
  • edited March 2013
    Exhibit 2
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ALFIENOAKE Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £2.37
    POKERFACEJ Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £8.60
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

calcalfold Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £6.10
    irene1957 Fold        
    stfc_1953 Fold        
    ALFIENOAKE Call   £0.14 £0.36 £2.23
    POKERFACEJ Call   £0.12 £0.48 £8.48
    Flop

• J

ALFIENOAKE Check        
    POKERFACEJ Check        
    calcalfold Bet   £0.24 £0.72 £5.86
    ALFIENOAKE Call   £0.24 £0.96 £1.99
    POKERFACEJ Call   £0.24 £1.20 £8.24
    Turn

• J

ALFIENOAKE Check        
    POKERFACEJ Check        
    calcalfold Bet   £0.53 £1.73 £5.33
    ALFIENOAKE Fold        
    POKERFACEJ Call   £0.53 £2.26 £7.71
    River

POKERFACEJ All-in   £7.71 £9.97 £0.00
    calcalfold All-in   £5.33 £15.30 £0.00
    POKERFACEJ Unmatched bet   £2.38 £12.92 £2.38
    POKERFACEJ Show

calcalfold Show
    • Q
    • J

calcalfold Win Full House, Jacks and 10s £11.95   £11.95
  • edited March 2013
    Post this kind of thing in BBV.
  • edited March 2013
    I no lol shocking play at this level like this hand
    daviddev17 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.85
    LARSON7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.51
      Your hole cards

calcalfold Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.81
    Finmeister Fold     
    swainster Fold     
    daviddev17 Fold     
    LARSON7 Call  £0.16 £0.42 £2.35
    Flop

LARSON7 Check     
    calcalfold Bet  £0.21 £0.63 £3.60
    LARSON7 Call  £0.21 £0.84 £2.14
    Turn

LARSON7 Bet  £0.42 £1.26 £1.72
    calcalfold Call  £0.42 £1.68 £3.18
    River

LARSON7 All-in  £1.72 £3.40 £0.00
    calcalfold Fold     
    LARSON7 Show

LARSON7 Win  £1.55  £1.55
    LARSON7 Return  £1.72
  • edited March 2013
    pretty pointless thread

also agree with lambert and borin
  • edited March 2013
    lol! Larson saved it.

idk if he meant to or not tho! :D

• edited March 2013
    loooooool larsson funny
  • edited March 2013

I did lol

I reckon this thread could get closed now:D

• edited March 2013
    1st hand you should definately be 3 betting jacks here for value at this level when people love to call.

2nd hand id be betting a lot more on the turn for value.
  • edited March 2013

H1, I would usually 3bet, but nobody was folding anything so it was a call and set mine or shove. I decided the setmining would be more profitable.

H2, I was pretty confident villain didnt have much, so was just keeping on the lead and waiting for him to tilt off.

Larson your quite right I played that hand terribly, I will take your superior advice and start calling 5xbb with tentwo out of position. pmsl
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: If you want to play:
    Larson your quite right I played that hand terribly, I will take your superior advice and start calling 5xbb with tentwo out of position. pmsl. H1, I would usually 3bet, but nobody was folding anything so it was a call and set mine or shove. I decided the setmining would be more profitable. H2, I was pretty confident villain didnt have much, so was just keeping on the lead and waiting for him to tilt off.
    Posted by calcalfold
    No-one is folding anything, and this puts you off from 3betting one of the best possible starting hands in Hold 'Em?? That's a reason TO 3bet
  • edited March 2013
    Im not good enough to know where I am post flop, so shove or call is best for me.
  • edited March 2013
    I like Larssons hand. 

Please for the love of god if your going to tell someone their not very good can you cover their names. Im not sure how much you would like it if i beat you in a hand if i came on the forums plastered it in a thread telling you how bad you play for the world to see. Particularly given that alot of these players dont post here and maybe dont even know how to find the forums to defend themselves. 
  • edited March 2013
    I like Larssons hand.  Please for the love of god if your going to tell someone their not very good can you cover their names. Im not sure how much you would like it if i beat you in a hand if i came on the forums plastered it in a thread telling you how bad you play for the world to see. Particularly given that alot of these players dont post here and maybe dont even know how to find the forums to defend themselves. 
    Posted by The_Don90

I wouldnt give a mouse sized sheet, post whatever you want son, all I care about is the growth of my bankroll.

Thats one of the reasons I have opted out of poker chat, so I dont get temped to lose concentration talking to any of you whist playing.

Think it was quite funny Larson tried to do that, but considering only his hand was visible, he just highlighted his own bad play.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: If you want to play : I wouldnt give a mouse sized sheet, post whatever you want son, all I care about is the growth of my bankroll. Think it was quite funny Larson tried to do that, but considering only his hand was visible, he just highlighted his own bad play.
    Posted by calcalfold

did his bluff work? thats all that matters.

And right fair enough, but im pretty sure your here to defend yourself thats a huge difference. 

Anyways if you enjoy your bankroll increasing why are you announcing on public forums when you make all your money for someone like TINTIN to find out and steal it all. 
  • edited March 2013
    "did his bluff work? thats all that matters."

One of the most stupid comments I have ever heard, dont be so results orientated. I sincerely hope you do not genuinly think that, and it was just a poor attempt at a comeback.

The most important thing in poker is making rthe right decision with the information at hand, and if you think calling T2 out of position for 5xbb is the right deicsion, then, to be honest its no wonder you have been getting pwned at 10nl

"Anyways if you enjoy your bankroll increasing why are you announcing on public forums when you make all your money for someone like TINTIN to find out and steal it all. "

Please add some punctuation, I have no idea what you are saying lol.
  • edited March 2013
    I'll back up my original post on this thread.

You may know how to play the game well (I have no idea, I've never played you) but you have a lot to learn, imo, about

1) Being respectful to other human beings

2) Understanding about looking after bad players.

If we're playing against the worst players in the world, that's great for us, but no excuse to start bad mouthing them. If anything you should always be nice to them, chat to them if need-be, do whatever it takes to make their time at the table enjoyable. Many people will happily blow £50 if they have fun doing it, not so many people are happy blowing £50 while getting abuse thrown in for good measure.
  • edited March 2013
    "did his bluff work? thats all that matters." One of the most stupid comments I have ever heard, dont be so results orientated. I sincerely hope you do not genuinly think that, and it was just a poor attempt at a comeback. The most important thing in poker is making rthe right decision with the information at hand, and if you think calling T2 out of position for 5xbb is the right deicsion, then, to be honest its no wonder you have been getting pwned at 10nl "Anyways if you enjoy your bankroll increasing why are you announcing on public forums when you make all your money for someone like TINTIN to find out and steal it all. " Please add some punctuation, I have no idea what you are saying lol.
    Posted by calcalfold

Hes obviously not called T2 OOP for 5BB with the iintention of hitting now has he. Ive gave him a hard time on these very forums when ive disagreed when something hes done, im actually sure you can find them if you look hard enough.Hes made a move where he thinks you can fold enough of the time to make it profitable for him. You folded on this occassion so i have no reason not to believe him. Ive never played with you though so i cant comment on personal experiance. 

As for my other comment im not even going to waste my time explaining. Thanks for the HU on the soft times ill be there to steal the fish soon. 
  • edited March 2013
    "As for my other comment im not even going to waste my time explaining. Thanks for the HU on the soft times ill be there to steal the fish soon. "

Most sensible thing you have said yet, much better than you going broke at 10nl :)....but dont you mean "join" rather than "steal" ;)

And dont take it personally, but punctuation is a very useful tool.

Best wishes

ccf
  • edited March 2013
    If anything you should always be nice to them, chat to them if need-be, do whatever it takes to make their time at the table enjoyable. Many people will happily blow £50 if they have fun doing it, not so many people are happy blowing £50 while getting abuse thrown in for good measure.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Good advice this, i know exactly what you mean since when i started playing obviously i wasn't very good and i was in the learning process of the game etc but i wouldn't mind blowing £20odd a week or so playing at the pub every day as long as i was having fun haha.
  • edited March 2013
    "As for my other comment im not even going to waste my time explaining. Thanks for the HU on the soft times ill be there to steal the fish soon. " Most sensible thing you have said yet, much better than you going broke at 10nl :)....but dont you mean "join" rather than "steal" ;) And dont take it personally, but punctuation is a very useful tool. Best wishes ccf
    Posted by calcalfold
    I dont care if i go broke i play for fun. 

I can win at mtts, i know that, im a small losing player at cash i know that. Does that bother me, NO!. 

And your still missing the point, but as i said o wont waste my time. Waste of effort and breathe. 
  • edited March 2013
    You dont need a full stop after an exclamation mark. The rest is coming along a treat though.
  • edited March 2013
    lol why does this thread even exist, noone cares if some of the punctuation or spelling in these posts is a bit dodgy. Your original post is a joke, if you wan't to berate play fair enough but erase names and put it in the relevant section, if you play so perfect why are you not crushing the higher stakes..
  • edited March 2013
    lol why does this thread even exist, noone cares if some of the punctuation or spelling in these posts is a bit dodgy. Your original post is a joke, if you wan't to berate play fair enough but erase names and put it in the relevant section, if you play so perfect why are you not crushing the higher stakes..
    Posted by benc
    this wins. gg thread
  • edited March 2013
    This thread exists because I posted and people have replied.

Simples
  • edited March 2013
    Posted by benc
    Someone talks sense. WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!
  • edited March 2013
    gotta agree with lambert we should all respect each other no matter what
    i have had some abuse on here and its no nice
    i have had threats
    your mum jokes
     and hope your house goes on fire
    stuff like that shoking though
  • edited March 2013
    I've yet to see a post from you which isn't a brag or a critism of another player.
    You offered advice to devonfish for example that was simply dreadful.
    I think it might be better to wait, until you have visible results and achievements before telling everyone how bad they are and how good you are.
    You may  get a little more respect then, although with your style of posting it's still doubtful as you have been unpleasant from the off.