You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rail Charlotte Jackson on 861! (***Thursday's official live show thread***)

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat

Bounty Hunters, in my opinion you just need to be completely fearless. Marginal spots are where these are won so alot of trusting your gut aswell as looking for standard EV desisions. Keep making notes so eventually you will know who will call off their stack hunting for heads - these are the most invaluable notes i have on this site. Ontop of that don't be scared to make the odd speculative call to take a head stack size dependant. 

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Five hours of live Hold'em are coming your way.

tikay and I will be doing our thing from 7pm.

But Thursday's show is not about us.

It's about this lady...

Yes, Sky Poker Ambassador Charlotte Jackson is making her debut at the tables (read more HERE).

And we'll be following her progress in Charlotte's £6k-Max AND the £12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

With this in mind, please provide 'CharlotteJ' with the following...

1) Your top tip for playing a six-max Sit & Go.

2) Your top tip for playing a Bounty Hunter tournament.

Good strategic advice will be rewarded. The top tipsters will win prizes, namely seats in Sunday's Mini Primo. We have four tournament tickets to give away.

So, here's the rundown...

7pm - Selected hands from the Master Cash tables
    8pm - Top of the Pots
    9pm - Charlotte Jackson on Sky Poker (two hours of action from Charlotte's £6k-Max & the £12k Sky Sports Bounty Hunter)
    11pm - Further highlights from the £12k BH (register HERE)

E-mail:  skyopen@bskyb.com
    Twitter:  #SkyPokerTV

• edited March 2013
    who won last nights seats 
  • edited March 2013
    6 Max Tables!   Tip

PDA! Patience, Discipline and Aggression

(Also stands for Peoples Dispensary for Animals)

Tip for Bounty Hunters !

CJ! Carryon Jogging

(Also stands for Charlotte Jackson)

Good luck at the tables Charlotte!
  • edited March 2013
    My usual poker mantra - You just need to win, you don't need to win right now!

Oh, and in the later stages, position and fold equity are king!

My usual poker mantra -You just need to win, you don't need to win right now!

Oh, and get it in bad and suckout!
  • edited March 2013

The bubble is often the easiest time of the entire game to pick up chips and build a stack that'll give you a great chance of going on to win. When you spot opponents tighten-up in an attempt to make the money you can keep raising on them with any two cards, when they eventually fight back you can easily fold and still show a good profit.

Don't be tempted to gamble your stack unneccesarily chasing head prizes with marginal holdings, focus on trying to win the tournament. Keep your head when the others at your table are going crazy and stay out of the madness, a tight aggresive approach will bear fruit. Always remember first prize is worth tons more than a head-prize.

• edited March 2013
    Some useful / amusing tips so far. Nice.

Also, please feel free to post your messages of "Good luck" for Charlotte in this thread!

• edited March 2013
    Top tip for a sit and go

Sit and try not to Go
  • edited March 2013
    Top Tips for Sit & Goes
    Fold a lot & get aggressive with premium holding cards.

2. Don't make speculative calls - leaking chips in the early stages will have a huge impact on your chances of winning in the later stages.

Top Tips for Bounty Hunters
    Don't raise too much Pre-Flop in the early stages (Unless you are prepared to get it all-in)

2. Most players will be calling light with any 2 cards - so use it to your advantage, but don't risk your whole stack against an aggro player unless you have the goods.

The most common hand I see in Bounty Hunters is "2 Pairs" simply because players like to see a flop with any 2 cards, so keep that in mind when you are thinking about getting all your chips in.

Don't vary your pre-flop raises, keep them consistant (We want to disguise our hands) - So If you decide to raise 2 x pre-flop this time, then raise 2 x pre-flop everytime. This makes it more difficult for your oppenent to read the strength of your hands.

Best of Luck Charlotte - TID
  • edited March 2013
    Top tip for Bounty Hunters. Call an all in with anything less than 10 8. You can't lose.
  • edited March 2013
    my tips for BH's
    1. remain calm as bad beats have a much more common appearance due to the no. of people who will call for the sake of a head prize.
    2. be very caerful with the betting post flop if you missed your A or k (for AK) or set  because hands are too unpredictible due to how loose the play can be early in them.
  • edited March 2013
    Tip for 6max

1. Pay attention to the table early doors, find out who is regularly limp/calling and punish them. Isolate, isolate, isolate!

Tips for BHs

1. For the first like 50% of the tournament, virtually treat it as a freezeout. If you wouldn't risk your tourney life in a freezeout with X hand, then don't do it in a BH because there's an extra £2 up for grabs. Chips are so much better than bounties :)
  • edited March 2013
    hi james and tikay, for charlotte my tip being female too would be let the guys be aggressive against you, i have played alot on here and found out that guys on this site do not like losing pots of any kind to us girls.

so play tight but aggressive with good hands you should be fine against the male pride on the sit n go.

in the bounty i would play slightly looser in early stages, try to pick up afew pots here and there, but as has been said before try not to raise pre-flop. in later stages on bounty be very very aggresive. if below 8x blinds go into shove or fold mode in the bounty hunter as you will more then likely get called by a worse hand

good luck tonight charlotte.
    james and tikay hope you have a great show
  • edited March 2013
    Hello CJ

Are u old enough to remember another CJs top tip??

1 2 3 4 
    make em wait outside the door
    5 6 7 8
    always pays to make em wait
    9 10
    Come!

Not certain if that is a tip for poker, or mayb it is, who knows!

My tips

1. 6 max - establish your image and use it. You're a GIRL!!! Ask Stapes he's noticed. That means every1 thinks u only play AA and KK and they are going to fold to a lot of aggression from you. Exploit this!

2. BHunters. When you destroy a player's stack but do not take his bounty, do not in the hands after chase his bounty with less than premium holdings. If you do, you can quickly find a 3rd player will put you in difficult spots for a lot more than the few chips you were risking to take the crippled players bounty.

GLuck and if you come up against me on a table, remeber i only play Aces and Kings lol!

memfno

• edited March 2013
    id say as a combined Tip of QUestion 1) and 2) is that just remeber that alot of people will be trying to out play you with air as they know your hand will be getting shown on TV :D B
  • edited March 2013
    TOP TIP FOR 6 MAX STT :- don't bubble. Seriously, though. Position is key - when play 6-max, you get the button far more often than full ring, so make use of it. However, raise evey time, and someone will smell a fish sooner or later. Hands have better value 6-max - remember that!

BOUNTY HUNTER TIPS  :- Don't mess about with a decent pair or the nuts - get the chips in - you'll be surprised how often you are called, and called very light. Shoving is seen as a sign of weakness - do it when you're strong.
  • edited March 2013
    Hey guys

You talk about getting more people on the box so hows about some cash omaha?

Side note, resizeable tables update please?

Thanks

joe575
  • edited March 2013
    Good luck CJ

My main tips (as a real pro that hasnt won a tourney yet):

1) Be patient
    2) Ignore the bounties. Play to win, the biggest bounty is the last one. Others will come when they come, dont change style and decision just because of the chance of a bounty.
    3) Don't let Tikay put u to sleep with stories of concrete, gantries and service stations. Concentrate :)
  • edited March 2013
    for advice be carefull with big ben he has a tendency to b very lucky as he did to me heads up 3 times to get into the cj sit n go lol gl to all who qualified (matisbak)
  • edited March 2013
    Hi James and Tikay.  Enjoying the show guys and have registered for the CJ Bounty.  My tip is specific to tonights bounty hunter and imparticiluar to Charlotte.  No matter how sweet and innocent a player is when they have a bounty on their head you got to take them out!  :-)

Abit off topic here but I watched the 'get to know' the presenters show and it happened to be Tikay's turn.  Poker aside, after everything that Tikay has been through and to turn out such a friendly, interesting and helpful gentleman I have total admiration for him.  Please don't even think about leaving sky poker for at least another 20 years!

Lets get this BH started!

James
  • edited March 2013
    Oh another tip....

Don't limp in, unless you want to face the wrath of Tikay! :)
  • edited March 2013
    Last time Tkay was on the show he had a tin and we were to guess the contents. For some reason the show went off before he told us. I'm losing sleep over this, lol. What was in it?
  • edited March 2013
    just heard my message being read and i was wrong to put in do not raise pre-flop,  you should allways raise pre, even more so in bounty hunters as players like bounties, so will call more so then in other mtts.

sorry for confusion,  have great night james and tikay.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm still laughing. Now i won't sleep because of that.

Have a good show.
  • edited March 2013
    Evening James & Tikay!!! Great show as always!!! Question for James, I went to see the film Side Effects today & was wondering if you have seen it & if so what you thought? I have to say I think it was surprisingly good!!!
  • edited March 2013
    The best advice i can say is play with a smile on your face - enjoy the game and accept the best hand does not always win
  • edited March 2013
    TK

Sandy was in Crossroads

Noelle Gordon played his mum
  • edited March 2013
    Hi James great show as usual tikay boring as usual lol a few tips for sit and gos stay first 5 or ten mins there's always a player who want to bully the table a 3 bet or double barrel bluff will get you some chips ino there only a few blinds relative to your stack but in the later stages these chips will help you a lot just remember to tighten up your range like if its folded round and your in small blind you've got k7 suited don't be afraid to push even if I does pick up aj a10 your only 60 40 you can accumulate a lot of chips as far as bounty hunters go I try and stay tight in beginning get a few bountys for your buy in change it right up hopefully you got same players on table and they may think ur still playing tight but always ply to win never to cash good luck with rest of show James love you x
  • edited March 2013

here is a tip for charlette with BH tournaments it come from the experience i am have with KK AK and AQ.
    do some analysis of how your luck in the tournaments is with hands like AA-QQ and AK AQs if it's bad luck don't even join them.

• edited March 2013
    My top tip for Charlotte, don't worry too much about percentages and go with your gut feelings. The more you play the more you'll know at the back of your head what the right actions are at the right times. And unconsciously you'll learn what your players styles are and usually you can put them on some sort of hand. The best players I know are the ones that constantly change their styles up so you can't put them on anything.

From someone who's satellited into tonight's 12K bounty and is still in :)
  • edited March 2013

hi james, tikay ...
    JACKPOT 22:17 pm      

main mini both %  
    entered 502 596 196 39  
    left 55 77      

InUrDome 6 29      
    NOMADICUS 17 44      
    jonjo75 44 77      
    EBBERDON 55 67