You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rail Charlotte Jackson on 861! (***Thursday's official live show thread***)

2»

Comments

• edited March 2013
    good effort charlotte, being down to 200 chips and getting back to around 2k,  but unfortunatly finished last,  hope you enjoyed the game.

also james and tikay, im not sure if you can ask charlotte a question, but wanted to know if she enjoyed both games, and what game did she enjoy best and reasons why.

many thanks, and great show guys
  • edited March 2013
    hi james and tikay hope yous are well

got a 2 questions it is regarding omaha cash a game I have been playing a lot of recently(I love this game)

question 1. I understand omaha is a lot more swingy than holdem but what do you say is a normal amount of bi`s to lose in a day playing omaha In my losing/ winning days like 4/5bi`s a day playin roughly 3hrs just want to make sure this is normal.

question 2. I see a lot of players just pressing the pot button pre/flop/turn/river should I be doing this or should I just stick my own sizing and vary depending on different board textures etc.

any advice would be great thanks guys
  • edited March 2013

JACKPOT

22:58

pm

main mini both %  
    entered 502 596 196 39  
    left 21 23      

InUrDome 18 8      

• edited March 2013
    I would love to get my poker id as a number plate lol
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Rail Charlotte Jackson on 861! (***Thursday's official live show thread***):
    I would love to get my poker id as a number plate lol
    Posted by PenFifteen

BIC15?
  • edited March 2013
    Hi guys,

This is a bit of a brag but braggers gotta brag ;)

I've been playing on the site now for about 3-4 years, all from my initial deposit of £20. There have been many ups and downs and I've flitted from one format to another more times than I can remember. In around September of last year I updated the title of my diary to 4NL /> 20NL in 12 months and my target was to get my BR from the £150ish that I had up to £1000 to have 50 BIs for 20NL.

Here we are just under 6 months later and I have just stood from a session that left my BR at £960. Just a badger's nodge away from completing the challenge...

Will I do it before the end of the month, hope so! :)

#bragover
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Rail Charlotte Jackson on 861! (***Thursday's official live show thread***):
    In Response to Re: Rail Charlotte Jackson on 861! (***Thursday's official live show thread***) : BIC15?
    Posted by hawk7112
    I use a Cross, thankyou
  • edited March 2013

Evening Gents

Top Tips for Charlotte - ( too late now I know - but for next time )

1) Position Position Position - A Raggy Ace under the gun will ( eventually ) fold to 72 on the buttton
    2) Be Lucky.  Have the right cards at the right time.  If everyone folds to your pocket aces in the BB, ul. 

Nice Show James and TieKay

Pen Fifteen ( winner of number plate of the year )
  • edited March 2013
    Tenous connection : Batman and new player token, I joined Sky Poker last Xmas with £10 free tournament token and built a bankrollof £250 in first weekplaying Deep Stacks. Went on to reach Final Table of Viva Las Vegas final never depositing. Only disappointment havent built the bankroll bigger since that first week playing Deep Stacks and a bit of cash, Dark4Night
  • edited March 2013
    Hi
    I deposited £20 with in the first month of sky starting and still going, best so far is 2nd in primo and beating Tk heads up.

mark
  • edited March 2013
    Congratulations to GARYQQQ, POKERTREV, BUST_YOU57 & DIZZYMIKE1 who win free entry in to Sunday night's mini primo!

• edited March 2013
    Hi James and Tikay.  Enjoying the show guys and have registered for the CJ Bounty.  My tip is specific to tonights bounty hunter and imparticiluar to Charlotte.  No matter how sweet and innocent a player is when they have a bounty on their head you got to take them out!  :-) Abit off topic here but I watched the 'get to know' the presenters show and it happened to be Tikay's turn.  Poker aside, after everything that Tikay has been through and to turn out such a friendly, interesting and helpful gentleman I have total admiration for him.  Please don't even think about leaving sky poker for at least another 20 years! Lets get this BH started! James
    Posted by Donttelmum
    What a lovely thing to say, thank you very much indeed.

Inevitably, I get my share of people saying nice things, balanced now & then by haters, so it all goes into the mix.

Not sure I'll manage another 20 years, months, or even weeks, I treat every day as my last, & the rest is all a freeroll, but it's been a tremendous closing chapter to my working life.
  • edited March 2013
    I only managed to get to the TV at about 10:40 last night, and the first thing I heard was an excellent 5 minutes or so from Tikay on the subject of "Tilt". Absolutely superb stuff.

A thumbs down however to whoever selected the hands for the 11:00-12:00 hour, every single one of them (except the last hand when you'd run out of bustouts to show) was a short stack getting it all in and being eliminated. Surely a hand or two where the shorty doubled up could have found it's way in there to keep it interesting, as by about 11:30 it was obvious as soon as the cards came up what was going to happen and, well, the actual poker became pretty unintersting. At least the James/Tikay chat made me keep watching
  • edited March 2013
    Without meaning to sound too picky...

Tonights CJ Freeroll - the prizepool is £740. She won £270 in the 6-max game so it should 270 + 500 = £770. 

:)