You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Calling all Omaha players

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    im in i love plo and have won a couple of torneys on other sites so yes please
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Calling all Omaha players:
    In Response to Re: Calling all Omaha players : Very happy to play a night or two each week, starting next week, if you guys are up for it. It will be primarily micro-limit games, as the idea is for people to learn the game at minimum cost. Please remember that Omaha is a brutal game, & anyone who complains at bad beats in Hold Em should not even contemplate playing Omaha. Happy to play the Site minimum stakes which are....   Cash Omaha (2p-4p) & PLO8 (smallest stake is 5p-10p). DYM (minumum stake Omaha = £0.60) & PLO8 (minimum stake £2.10). Tournaments in either format, min stakes are, I think, £1.10 & £3.30. It is NOT ideal to play Omaha & PLO8 at the same time, so we should have seperate nights or weeks for each.   Maybe.... Week 1 - PLO Tourneys Week 2 - PLO8 Tourneys Week 3 - PLO DYM Week 4 - PLO8 DYM Week 5 - PLO Cash Week 6 - PLO8 Cash. If some warmth is shown for the idea, or a different mix or suggestion is made, fine by me.  Let me know, & we'll get it started.  
    Posted by Tikay10
     Think it's a great idea Tikay . . count me in . . .only started playing Omaha about 10 days ago and love the game, even with its cruelty and variance :-)  . .and I speak as a person who went out of 4 NLH tourneys last night getting my stack in with the best hand and getting rivered everytime . . . must be a masochist to also want to embrace Omaha! . . .beautiful game I think

cheers

Jules  (seadragon)
  • edited April 2013
    I'm interested.  
  • edited April 2013
    I'm interested.Love hi lo.Play a little Omaha to, so i'm up for it.
  • ckdckd
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Calling all Omaha players : Very happy to play a night or two each week, starting next week, if you guys are up for it. It will be primarily micro-limit games, as the idea is for people to learn the game at minimum cost. Please remember that Omaha is a brutal game, & anyone who complains at bad beats in Hold Em should not even contemplate playing Omaha. Happy to play the Site minimum stakes which are....   Cash Omaha (2p-4p) & PLO8 (smallest stake is 5p-10p). DYM (minumum stake Omaha = £0.60) & PLO8 (minimum stake £2.10). Tournaments in either format, min stakes are, I think, £1.10 & £3.30. It is NOT ideal to play Omaha & PLO8 at the same time, so we should have seperate nights or weeks for each.   Maybe.... Week 1 - PLO Tourneys Week 2 - PLO8 Tourneys Week 3 - PLO DYM Week 4 - PLO8 DYM Week 5 - PLO Cash Week 6 - PLO8 Cash. If some warmth is shown for the idea, or a different mix or suggestion is made, fine by me.  Let me know, & we'll get it started.  
    Posted by Tikay10

tikay can i ask please is there a best starting hand in omaha that if your short stacked you push 

holdem aa kk qq ak aq aj

what should you be looking at in omaha ? and what should you be folding 

• edited April 2013
    Format sounds okay to me Tikay. Which night/nights were you thinking?
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by Tikay10

If this runs we may have an update or 2. ;)

I think if it does gain interest perhaps have the tourney schedule changed a tad on the night it runs  ie scrap the £11 buy in and may be have £1.10, £3.30 £5.50 levels or if not the £5.50 level then another £3.30 or £1.10.

Would be nice to see Omaha get more love and maybe we could get a Main Omaha tourney back on the list like the 1K guarantee we use to have. 

I might be biased because i won it. But then so did Dylan. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    love plo8 - play the £100gtd 20:25 from time to time - always difficult playing plo8 & holdem at the same time though.

haven't played much omaha itself and this would probably be a good opportunity to remedy that
  • edited April 2013
    Definitely interested, more a tourney player than cash ( i get a bit over carried away on cash ). Hope to join in once my connection is stable enough (currently switching broadband and now in the dreaded "stabilization" period with speed changes and dropouts)
  • edited April 2013

BUMP,  Any developments yet????
  • edited April 2013
    played last week love the game wish there was more tournments of omaha : even small stakes used to have 2.20 buy in ones in the afternnon this are not on no more please can with have sum more also seven card stud for small stakes tourments as these are good to get your brain working play hold em but also like to play other tourments
  • edited April 2013
    bump come on surely more takers than that
    Posted by Janana
    thsi would be good as ilike omaha and there is not many to play so this would be good 
  • edited April 2013
     Played in tourney run by JH so will look forward to this its a great game