You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing!

edited March 2013 in Poker Chat
I have a brain so am pretty sure I can imagine your response to this but I'll ask it anyway :)

... Neil, what do you think of the segregation of players by ability/winrate etc?

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Howdy folks!

Time to talk TV and I'm being called straight into action this week off the back of the weekend's big SPT event. (Enjoyed seeing a fair few of you down in London by the way).

What's the story? Well, we've got a very special show lined up for you this Tuesday night from
    7 on Channel 861 and streamed from this site...

It's THE CASH GAME....RELOADED.

Yes, we're bringing you all the key hands from the hugely successful Sky Poker Cash Game series and in the studio to pass comment will be myself
    Richard Orford... 

And two of the players from the series itself, Redmond Lee...

..and our very special guest: the inimitable Neil Channing!

So the question this week is real simple...

What does Neil think?

Fire away whatever you like at this. Get Neil's thoughts on any aspect of poker and/or any other subject in the world. Neil has an answer for everything and what's more, it's always entertaining!

PLUS! The 6 senders of Neil's favourite questions will get freerolled into Thursday night's mini bounty hunter.

And of course, even if you don't win, you'll still get your name read out and have Neil answer you. So what's not to like?

Get in touch by using this thread, emailing skyopen@bskyb.com, or tweeting #skypokertv

Looking forward as ever to hearing from you all and I'll see you at 7pm sharp.
  • edited March 2013
    My tongue in cheek question for Neil is:-

Does Neil believe he has transferable skills from poker that could help competitors in other sporting disciplines?
    I'm referring to the cash game where a few chosen words improved Carlo's speed out of the blocks significantly!
    It must have been, either Neils banter or blatant laxative abuse that caused Carlo's rapid exit from the table!
    I've heard of players chasing runs but never seen it displayed in such a manner! lol

With Channing on the show its bound to be TV gold Tuesday! Have a great show
  • edited March 2013
    Question for both Neil and Redmond.

Want both views!

Why do people limp in DYMs instead of raising as in a SNG or MTT!
  • edited March 2013
    good evening richard, redmond and neil.

a question for you all to answer please, with the spt over, do you prefer to play live or on-line? also which is more profitable to you?  as the bigger money will allways be live, but the volume you can get on-line is endless.

also with ukops starting thursday, what if any tornements are you looking forward to the most.

have a great show guys
  • edited March 2013
    hi richard ,redmond,neil

good to meet you at the weekend richard at london spt im still on a high!

what i want to ask is what would they both had done in my position,i went back to day two with 120k, very early on i find myself in a difficult spot sitting in the big blind with kk,blinds 1k 2k guy who was 1st to act raises 4.5k the button calls it gets to me i make it 20k 1st raiser jams for 50k ish.button gets it in too!

its for me tournament i just have the button covered i think for a good few mins???

looking back i believe i should have let it go,but no i thought the button was at it and wanted rid of me and say that word CALL!!

yep im upagainst QQ and button has   AA

huge pot

FLOP Q HIGH!
    TURN K

Couldnt tell you the river as i couldnt watch
    right call or not?
    but i win and take two out,and went on to get 12th .
    i satalited for £4.80 so the £855 cash was nice

great weekend by the way ,great work aspers and sky

also i cant watch tonight so can you let me know when repeated cheers
  • edited March 2013
    Good Evening Richard Redmond And Neil
    Question 4 Neil AND Redmond which nation do you think are the best at tournaments.
    And which nation do you think are the worst.
    I think Enlish players are the better players, and more entertaining 2 watch.
    Congratulations on tilting Carlo on the Sky poker cash game Neil.
    All the best Rainman397  
  • edited March 2013
    Hi All

Question for Neil:

As a businessman what would you think if the UK needed a bailout (like Cyprus) and the Government suggested taking 25% from your bank account?

(that's assuming you have your money in the UK!) lol

Have a good one
    Mick
  • edited March 2013
    evening all,

i had a great time at my 1st spt..no cash this time but i was in for £2.35 so i was freerolling anyway.

great to meet the sky team and thank you for the photo's everyone...(shiney foreheads take 2 ring a bell richard).

and playing in same tourny as the pro's was fantastic,,now cant wait for the sats to dublin to start.

on to my question for all of you......

on saturday anna was to shy to speak to phil helmuth,is there anyone you 3 would love to meet in the world of poker?

cheers boys and see you  in dublin.
  • edited March 2013

Annual 'what is going to win the Grand National?' question for Neil plz.

Also when is he playing Maccapacca heads up, and how confident is he of victory? ;)

What time will mastercash be on tonight plz? ty.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing!:
    Annual 'what is going to win the Grand National?' question for Neil plz. Also when is he playing Maccapacca heads up, and how confident is he of victory? ;) What time will mastercash be on tonight plz? ty.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    If neil who a wondering who macapaca is then I'm the guy who said an outrageous statement on my friends Facebook page after a drink or 2 while watching the sky poker cash game.
    But I still stand by 1 part of the statement..... The bit where I said it was a nitty fold lol.

Good show as ever 

Regards

Macapaca
  • edited March 2013
    Great questions so far everyone.

Keep them coming please!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing!:
    Great questions so far everyone. Keep them coming please!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    let me know when repeated please

ty
  • edited March 2013
    Annual 'what is going to win the Grand National?' question for Neil plz. Also when is he playing Maccapacca heads up, and how confident is he of victory? ;) What time will mastercash be on tonight plz? ty.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

looks like mastercash has been cancelled :( can someone at sky confirm? 

• edited March 2013

Question for Neil please...

... we know someone who once won an SPT Side event years ago (let's call him 'R.O.' to preserve his anonymity) and he goes on and on and on about it...

... how long do you think he can live off this past 'glory' before it gets old hat?

:)
  • edited March 2013
    Question for Neil. 

Apart from the obvious pot size, stack size, and board texture. How does Neil decide on which size to make his bet on each street? 

And as a follow up question, what situations are good for floating, and what should i be thinking when deciding to float in a hand? 
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing! : let me know when repeated please ty
    Posted by SHAUNY
    Hi Shaun, good to meet you the other day- I've passed your message on to our AP Louis and he'll be on here shortly to answer your question.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing! : looks like mastercash has been cancelled :( can someone at sky confirm? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don, it's mostly the Cahs Game tonight but we might be heading over to the Mastercash tables throughout the show, particularly, if something interesting is kicking off. Let us know!
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing! : Hi Don, it's mostly the Cahs Game tonight but we might be heading over to the Mastercash tables throughout the show, particularly, if something interesting is kicking off. Let us know!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    cheers rich - i think interesting might be a bit above my br. Have a good show. 
  • edited March 2013

A more serious question for Neil regarding the cash game...

... you had a few big hands against Rastafish where he'd hit fairly good hands (e.g. two pair) and you hit your flush on the river. This happened more than once, so...

... do you think that the fact you'd hit flushes previous hands he thought you might be 'at it' on the subsequent ones? Making him doubt you'd hit a flush again.

Did this therefore affect how you played the hands too?
  • edited March 2013
    As Neil is a MP (Member of poker) what does he think of the bedroom tax.
    Will it effect poker players who play online in the spare bedroom.

And as Neil has a load of bedrooms will he take any lodgers in...
  • edited March 2013

Good evening gentlemen.

There is a question that I've always wanted to ask of someone like Mr Channing who plays an awful lot of televised poker:

Mr Channing, do you ever take umbrage at something a commentator might say about you or your play and have you ever sought one of those commentators out? Could this be the reason that James Hartigan isn't in the studio this evening? :)

If not, do you have any good stories about someone else taking issue with a commentator?

Have a good show everyone.

(Nice to have some proper grown-ups in the studio tonight. You wouldn't believe what those other two were tittering about on Sunday's show. It was just a chair in an unfortunate position)

• edited March 2013
    Neil

I've heard a rumour that the Sky Cash Game Series features the WORST FOLD IN THE HISTORY OF POKER EVER!!!!! Can Neil comment ?

memfno
  • edited March 2013
    Proper question on the play if you can squeeze it in:

On the Rob Yong (5d6d) v Rastafish (Ah4d) with the four diamond board.

When Rob Yong bets 50 on the river, would either Redmond or Neil like Rastafish to raise there? Does the 4-high flush have enough value for Rastafish to call or would he do better to raise it up and put Mr Yong under pressure? Would it have enough chance of working against Rob?

Thanks for the answer to my previous question. :)
  • edited March 2013
    Question for neil  what are your thoughts on verble bullying at the poker table ?  by the way great show guys.
  • edited March 2013
    Question for Neil.  What's the best way to catch many mice?  My ones seem to just nibble at the bait in the traps but don't apply enough force to set them off.  I've managed to suck a couple up the hoover and release them at the bottom of the garden, but it takes a while to lure them away from the walls and up the pipe.  It's probably not the most efficient way to catch mice.  What do you think?

Edit: just caught another one.  I just picked it up and chucked it out the back door.  No fear, these mice.
  • edited March 2013
    Evening gents

My question for Neil and Redmond

"Have they left tables because they believed their opponents had a significant edge over them?
    If an opponent does appear to have an edge what steps do they take to overcome it?
    or do they just avoid the opponent in future cash games?

Has Neil any edges over high profile players that he has been grooming for one big occasion?
  • edited March 2013
    i want to enter the main event its not on my lobby but the mini is why
  • edited March 2013
    forget that last statement it just flashed up on my menu
  • edited March 2013
    greetings gents. great fun so far.
    question for you.... what fashion tips would you give rastafish?
    thoroughly enjoyed the cash game..great fun and plenty to learn from how you bigger players handle the game.
    have fun
    laurie/lozgo
  • edited March 2013
    GOOD EVENING ALL, JUST QUALIFIED FOR MY FIRST BIG SKY COMP, £5000 TURBO
    wish me luck please  834679 (Sgtmajor)