You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Evening Guys!! Fantastic show!! Going back to orford's comment about the football....I have the footie on with you guys on the webstream & the mrs cooking the dinner!!! Does life get any better!!!! My question for Neil is, how long had he been playing poker before deciding to take the game up professionally & how much does he think it had cost him before starting to make a profit on a regular basis??
    Keep up the good work guys!!! 
    Stuart Aka MrCoxy
  • edited March 2013

Enjoying the show on the web, footy on telly....beers chilling!

Q for both.

I started off playing poker a few years ago on another site and lost a lot of money on the cash tables. I took a long break before returning to the game via Sky Poker. I am now just a tournament player who is still in profit (albeit small). Do you think to become a big winning player/successful player you MUST be able to play both cash and tournaments?

Rich - please can you plug 2morraw's Community night. All details are in a thread at the top of the forum, cheers.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi guys

Really enjoying the banter and analysis tonight

Just going back to what Neil said about his thought process reguarding Rob Yong when he had floped the str8 v Robs 2 pair.

If in that situation he knows Rob could have such a wide range that he has most prob missed or is very weak and Neil wants to give him a bit rope to try and extract more value how is it that in a later hand Neil lays down a str8 putting Rob on the 1 hand that has him beat.

Does Neil think he ended up leveling himself into thinking Rob "HAS TO HAVE IT HERE" ?

Could i also just add that imo Neil is one of the best cash players ive ever seen so although almost everyone watching the cash game was prob screaming "YOU CARNT FOLD TO ROB" my question is in no way a dig at Neils ability.

Cheers.

Daz.
  • edited March 2013
    Hi lads

since wayne mardle uses hawaii-fiveO in darts. Neil, Redmond and Richard if you had to have enterance music to poker, what would you choose?
  • edited March 2013
    Evening gents,

Great to see Neil back on the show, Neil probably wont remember but chatted for a bit in Vegas at the end of one of the days of the main event while Neil was waiting for Kevin Williams.

Questions for Neil

What are your thoughts on bum hunting in cash and its effect on the long term poker economy? By this I dont mean table selection which makes sense, I mean players who only play when they have a massive edge over opponents.

Also, what are your views on the long term poker ecomomy of the sun glasses and head phones MTT brigade?

Matt
  • edited March 2013
    Question for Neil...

I know you really want your first WSOP bracelet, so if you were HU in a WSOP event and a potential deal was on the table for you to take 'the win' (and bracelet) what % of cash would you concede for it, or as nice as a bracelet is, is the money more important?

OR would it be meaningless to you without having actually earned the win yourself?
  • edited March 2013
    Hi all.  Just got back in from work and I'm delighted that Mr Channing is back on.  Marvoulous.  If Neil did have to walk onto a song by the smiths then surely he should of chosen heaven knows I'm miserable now!

My question for the panel.  Do they think that beards should be encouraged in poker?  They can hide your facial expressions well and, if you grow them for a bit, you can hide aces in them.

I could sit for hours and listen to Neil and Redmond talk about poker.  If you can't learn something from tonight then you may have to think about giving up the game.

Run well all and have fun
  • edited March 2013
    Loving the show tonight Gents!

Both Redmond and Neil are superb advocates of the game and I could literally listen to them for hours.

Question for both:

"What is the future for the female game - both short-term and long-term?"

Natalie
  • edited March 2013

Hey guys, just in, but have skyplussed tonights show...

Just a quick question, during the show Neil hut a diamond flush 3 times against rasta, when rasta was sitting with good hands 2x2pair, and trips. In another hand Carlo Citrone has 2 pair and thought for ages before calling, opponent had a straight.

Loved the £995 you get change from a £1000!!

My question is, what is the best way to play a strong hand, but no where near the nuts, like 2 pair or a set when there is 3 cards to a flush out.

The other day, I had KQ , flop came 56K rainbow, i raised pre 4 x bb, opponent bet, i called, the turn came a queen, opponent bet 3/4 pot and i shipped, he snapped me off with trip 6s.

• edited March 2013

dont think I got an answer to my second question to Neil, would be good to get the younger players view on it too...just to clarify that is Redmond and not you Rich!

• edited March 2013
    I'm loving how comfortable Neil is looking on the sofa tonight...

I've always wondered why people seem so reluctant to make themselves at home. It's a five hour show and you're sat on a sofa - I'd have my feet up with a pillow and maybe a duvet and half way through I'd have my dinner on my lap. :)

Anyway, I'd just like to pick up on something Neil just said about Rastafish's 67 of spades hand, calling in the small blind against Rob Yong:

I post on the forum quite alot. I find that even some of the better players don't seem to give enough credit to the importance of position. They know that position is important but still make calls out of position very much like that one from Rastafish - the idea being that they can flop a big hand and stack their opponent - but they don't consider that their opponent's pre-flop raising range may not be very narrow so they can't stack them often enough. Even if they hit their hand, it's really difficult to get value out of position.

In a slightly circuitous manner, the question I'm asking is; do you gents think that, as I hear so often, "pre-flop play is largely solved" amongst most decent players?
  • edited March 2013
    hi guys   I put a question for neil at about  8.00 have you lost it?
  • edited March 2013
    out of how many people who gave Neil abuse about that fold, how many of them asked to be staked after? ;)
  • edited March 2013
    my question was  what are the thoughts of neil  about  verbaly aggresive players at the poker table
  • edited March 2013

Ignore my question but at least try and mention the Community Night please Richard. Cheers.
  • edited March 2013
    ty Richard for finding my question.  I hav learned a lot about poker tonight. I am a rubbish player but hope to improve  over time  ty so much
  • edited March 2013
    The German lady with the eyes - Sandra Naujoks (pronounced noy-yoks... I think)
  • edited March 2013
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all your posts and emails tonight. They were all great. And normally I would have read out every single one of them, but we had in Neil Channing! Which meant that I could only fit in so many questions amongst the hands because he talks so much!

Of course Neil and Reds were both fantastic on the show this evening and I hope you enjoyed the questions they did answer!

Cheers!
  • edited March 2013
    Great show Rich,

Redmond and Neil are definitely 2 of the best guests/analysts that appear on 861... and you aint too bad yourself ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Congratulatiions to RAINMAN397, CARDU, BORINLONER, JRA126, DUNMIDOSH & BROMLEY023 who win free entry in to Thursday night's mini bounty hunter!
  • edited March 2013
    thank you richard for the free mini bh entry..............i think that was one of the best shows i have seen on 861..............very intresting and funny

hope you get to do more shows like that

cheers

mark
  • edited March 2013
    ty Richard for my free entry to the bounty hunter on Thursday. I sat here for 5 hours and felt that what I learned listening to the chat was time well spent. the whole show was great, look forward to neil and Redmond giving advice again.
  • edited March 2013
    No probs guys.

As for the show last night I thought it was a really special one.

In fact, it's a real shame it was up against a big England game because I think a lot of people would have therefore missed out on a 5 hour masterclass in how to play live poker with two of the best in the business. 

It was a one-off format, totally different from the norm with only one hand from the site shown all night(!) and also included exclusive brand new Sky Poker interviews with Jesse May, Phil Laak and Phil Hellmuth from the weekend! 

If you get a chance I would urge anyone who missed it to catch a rerun. You won't be disappointed. 

• edited March 2013
    Legends in your own living room!
    The show was seamless and spontaneous!
    If you didn't feel you were part of the conversation you weren't watching!!!!
    Thanks for the Mini Entry!
    I have to say catching the show was more rewarding than any prize! TV Gold!
  • edited March 2013
    I couldn't catch it all (or record it due to clashes) but what I did see was SUPERB! Will definitely be recording the first re-run on Sat 30th at 19:00

• edited March 2013
    Thank u Richard 4 the free entry it is much appreciated
  • edited March 2013
    Without a doubt this was the best show ive seen on sky poker EVER !

Learnt more in 5 hours than i have in the last year

Bravo guys
  • edited March 2013
    when is this repeated - thanks in advance to any kind person that can help

• edited March 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker TV Live: next show this Tuesday with Richard Orford, Redmond Lee and Neil Channing!:
    when is this repeated - thanks in advance to any kind person that can help
    Posted by rancid
    re-run on Sat 30th from 19:00
  • edited March 2013
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for all the kind words and contribution's to the show last night.

It was a real pleasure having Neil on the show and is always a privilege to be able to ask questions and learn from someone who I hugely respect, not just for his poker abilities, but as a person.

Really enjoyed it and also a big thank you to Richard and Neil for such a great evening!

Redmond