You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Dublin

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

Satellites for SPT Dublin will commence on SkyPoker.com TOMORROW. (Wednesday).

Only 100 (ONE HUNDRED) seats will be available visa the Online Lobby, as capacity at the Dublin Venue is limited.

Details of the Satellite structure will be available shortly, & are much the same as usual, & they will all be in the Lobby tomorrow.

We CANNOT INCREASE capacity at the Venue, so if you wish to attend, please try & qualify as soon as possible.

Dublin........GREAT city to play poker!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    When will all the details like starting stack and stuff be releaced please?

I presume its 10max not 6max?

cheers
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin:
    When will all the details like starting stack and stuff be releaced please? I presume its 10max not 6max? cheers
    Posted by sighcall
    Hi Sigh,

Tomorrow, it will mainly be in the "Sky Poker Tour" Board of the Community.

It is NOT 6-Max.
  • edited April 2013
    Is it at all possible for sky to set up some spt Dublin satellites to win a package??
    Ie seat, hotel and travel??
    Just an idea!
  • edited April 2013

Will there be a Live Stream for Dublin SPT?
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
       Will there be a Live Stream for Dublin SPT?
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

No, forum updates and pictures only for cost reasons
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    Is it at all possible for sky to set up some spt Dublin satellites to win a package?? Ie seat, hotel and travel?? Just an idea!
    Posted by macapaca

not currently planned I am afraid

Qualify early and book early

flights from the UK to Dublin currently c£70 return and hotel accomodation available to suit all budgets, but Dublin can be expensive especially if booking late.
  • edited April 2013
    Flights and hotel are already booked for a couple of Lancashire Lass's - just need to qualify now
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin :  not currently planned I am afraid Qualify early and book early flights from the UK to Dublin currently c£70 return and hotel accomodation available to suit all budgets, but Dublin can be expensive especially if booking late.
    Posted by SPT

why on earth not, the added expenses will inevitably put alot of people off.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : why on earth not, the added expenses will inevitably put alot of people off.
    Posted by beaneh
    I would very much like a sat option to be offered to include money for accommodation/flights...

I am not put off by the sat only option, but I am more likely to try to qualify if there was a sat to include extra money for expenses.

SPTs can stretch the budget of the average recreational punter on here, which i consider myself to be... But they are great fun, so I usually try anyway... :)

• edited April 2013
    Yorkie and Solar have room and flights booked!!

Now the hard part......
  • edited April 2013
    Team Bromley are booked in for the craic...actually getting to play some poker will simply be a bonus :)
  • edited April 2013
    Team Bromley are booked in for the craic...actually getting to play some poker will simply be a bonus :)
    Posted by bromley04
    Poker?  We are going for poker????  
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : I would very much like a sat option to be offered to include money for accommodation/flights... I am not put off by the sat only option, but I am more likely to try to qualify if there was a sat to include extra money for expenses. SPTs can stretch the budget of the average recreational punter on here, which i consider myself to be... But they are great fun, so I usually try anyway... :)
    Posted by GREGHOGG

it's a £200 quid comp I assume + vig, and yet outlay on flights/accom will likely eclipse this, instantly pricing many people interested in playing sats out.

utterly inane.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : it's a £200 quid comp I assume + vig, and yet outlay on flights/accom will likely eclipse this, instantly pricing many people interested in playing sats out. utterly inane.
    Posted by beaneh

yup £220 comp, yet people are expected to qualify for 'cheap', even with satteliting in it's £100 for flights and £200+ for 2 nights in dublin easily. That's without being particularly close to the venue so if you had to sat into a £200 quid comp how can you justify satting in then these extra expenses?

Really should rethink this, or just think about it.
  • edited April 2013
    really want to go to this but with the extra costs you need to ft to make ££££££££££ ,im still gonna try to sat in then maybe sell some action to help cover the costs.
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    Its a community tour, as I know from many years of experience with APAT many players will go for the weekend, with poker as secondary. We've seen comments to that effect on this thread too

If SP were to put satellites on that gave, say, £250 for expenses you'd be looking at much more expensive satellites, where people would have fewer attempts to qualify. I would wager that the satellites would be very sparssely populated

beaneh also over-estimates exes, if one is on a budget. Personally, my flight and hotel is booked at well under £200 for two nights
  • edited April 2013
    Its a community tour, as I know from many years of experience with APAT many players will go for the weekend, with poker as secondary. We've seen comments to that effect on this thread too If SP were to put satellites on that gave, say, £250 for expenses you'd be looking at much more expensive satellites, where people would have fewer attempts to qualify. I would wager that the satellites would be very sparssely populated beaneh also over-estimates exes, if one is on a budget. Personally, my flight and hotel is booked at well under £200 for two nights
    Posted by SPT

yeh dublins cheap you're right, everyone on sky flicks in £250 quid comps + £300 expenses daily. why bother even running sats?

can you whack up some links for the accommodation you've organised to get sky players a good rate at?
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    There really is no need to be facetious Andrew. You do it a lot on here, yet I know you are bright enough not to have to, should you take a minute to consider how you come across

Search Late Rooms etc for Dublin hotels under 75euros a night. Plenty of them, if people look around
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    anyway...

what would you like to see

1 in 10 satellites at £50 to win £500 (£220 plus rest in exes) ?

how many would play that, please?
  • edited April 2013
    anyway... what would you like to see 1 in 10 satellites at £50 to win £500 (£220 plus rest in exes) ? how many would play that, please?
    Posted by SPT
    Hi Rich,

I would play your suggestion of a £55 sat 1 in 10, but only if there were sub sats into it also.

However, I think something along the lines of the way the Superoller Sats might work.

So a package final on a Sunday would cost £110- 1 in 5 win a seat and the rest in expenses, total win £500

One Semi Final throughout the week each night for £24- 1 in 5 win a seat to the above.

Quarter finals throughout the day every day for £5.20- 1 in 5 win a seat to the £24 daily semi final.

Could maybe trial it the first week with 2 packages GTD, that would be a £1000 punt by sky? I would be surprised if it didn't surpass it's guarantee. This could run alongside the existing seat only option.

Cheers

Greg
  • edited April 2013
    anyway... what would you like to see 1 in 10 satellites at £50 to win £500 (£220 plus rest in exes) ? how many would play that, please?
    Posted by SPT
    I would defo rather play a few of these sats

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : yup £220 comp, yet people are expected to qualify for 'cheap', even with satteliting in it's £100 for flights and £200+ for 2 nights in dublin easily. That's without being particularly close to the venue so if you had to sat into a £200 quid comp how can you justify satting in then these extra expenses? Really should rethink this, or just think about it.
    Posted by beaneh
    Where are you staying for a 100 quid a night, there are loads of B and Bs from 30 euro a night thats what i did last year stayed for a couple of nights with the wife. 
  • edited April 2013
    The bigger the BI sats, the less likely they are to fill.  This isn't stars for a UKIPT where players from all over Euorpe play in the sats.  IMO diluting the sats to having both a seat only and a package structure would just dilute the pool massively.

I don't see any real reason why the costs of going to Dublin should be massively different from any other SPT.  A lot of people would pay £50 in petrol to get to a UK venue, and Dublin is a route that is serviced by so many airports for a fairly cheap price.  Also as some of the SPTs are £110BI the costs as a percentage of the BI is probably far less.

As long as people who qualify/want to attend aren't stupid in their planning and log onto skyscanner and hotels.com in the morning of the tournie, they should be able to budget the trip according to their circumstances.

The travelling UK players will be seeing this stop as more than a poker tournament and also a chance to see the sights and catch up with friends.  The local players will have no extra expenses compared to any other poker event.

• edited April 2013
    Also Mr SPT, will there be cash games at the venue? If so any idea of rake?  Thanks
  • edited April 2013
    It would seem to me that the idea of a Tour is to bring the pokerz to the locals. If you're not a local and want to follow the SPT around, then that has it's expenses. This much is obvious.

Of course going to Dublin is expensive if you're in England/Wales/Scotland. It's not so expensive if you're in Dublin already.
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    scotty77

http://www.thesportingemporium.com/poker-in-dublin.9.html

Yes to cash

I will fire off an email to find out what the rake is or you can ring them, check their facebook link
  • edited April 2013
    What time on sunday is this expected to finish? 
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    Impossible to say for sure

Mid-evening Sunday is the safest guess with 120 runners
  • edited April 2013
    Hey Guys,

Being local I can tell you that prices have come down a lot recently esp hotels.
    Follow the advice above for checking for room prices I don't think for a poker weekend that anyone should be spending €100 a night plenty of cheap options about.
    Just a quick mention don't fall into a trap booking cheap rooms by the airport.
    Its a fair distance to the venue and taxi fares would be about €30 each way.
    If anyone has any direct questions or needs any advice just let me know and I will help if I can.

Regards

Pat
  • edited April 2013
    I got to say that too many of you are used to living in the south east where the thought of a flight seems like an expensive option.

I for one attended SPT london and fly from Edinburgh which when I worked it out cost me less then my petrol did to Notts.

Just because its in Dublin everyone suddenly sees it as a big expense but why didnt anyone who done London Blackpool etc I for one think we should be encouraging Sky that they have moved the tour on not the costs as unless you live where the SPT is being held there will always be travel and accomodation costs. 

On a side not I was told there is a big concert in Dublin the same weekend as SPT didnt know if that was correct and if so I know it put pressure on rooms and then maybe would be a idea for Sky to neg some bulk room rates