You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SPT Dublin

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin:
    Also Mr SPT, will there be cash games at the venue? If so any idea of rake?  Thanks
    Posted by scotty77
    Now I really confused Ryan!
    You're apparently ok with losing rake back, which as a high stakes player is likely to be considerable.
    However, you're concerned which how much the rake will be in a one off cash game?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : Now I really confused Ryan! You're apparently ok with losing rake back, which as a high stakes player is likely to be considerable. However, you're concerned which how much the rake will be in a one off cash game?
    Posted by Jac35
    You'd be concerned too, when you discover that its not uncommon to find rake in Ireland to be 5% capped at €20
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : You'd be concerned too, when you discover that its not uncommon to find rake in Ireland to be 5% capped at €20
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Really?
    Ouch! That is high.

• edited April 2013
    As someone that isnt going would running both sats one weekend ona trail be an option ? 

i respect what ryan said about the ukipt thing fwiw and im not going so my opinion maybe doesnt count/
  • edited April 2013
    When will direct buyin be opening?
  • edited April 2013
    I got to say that too many of you are used to living in the south east where the thought of a flight seems like an expensive option. I for one attended SPT london and fly from Edinburgh which when I worked it out cost me less then my petrol did to Notts. Just because its in Dublin everyone suddenly sees it as a big expense but why didnt anyone who done London Blackpool etc I for one think we should be encouraging Sky that they have moved the tour on not the costs as unless you live where the SPT is being held there will always be travel and accomodation costs.  On a side not I was told there is a big concert in Dublin the same weekend as SPT didnt know if that was correct and if so I know it put pressure on rooms and then maybe would be a idea for Sky to neg some bulk room rates
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    I think somebody called Beyonce is playing in Dublin that weekend.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by bearlyther
    I think its already open in the lobby
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : Now I really confused Ryan! You're apparently ok with losing rake back, which as a high stakes player is likely to be considerable. However, you're concerned which how much the rake will be in a one off cash game?
    Posted by Jac35
    Basically what coxy said. We are blessed with regards to rake in the UK. I have played on a few European venues where the rake is 15pc with a 100euro cap. At the Irish open a couple of years ago they used to rake flop turn and river.

I doubt the answer would drastically change my mind BUT it would be nice to know beforehand so ill give them an email :)
  • edited April 2013
    Aidan: You ever been to Ireland, Alan?
    Alan: No, no. I’d love to go.
    Aidan: It amazes me when people say that and it’s only 49 quid on a plane.
    Alan: Yeah. I think that’s what puts me off.

• edited April 2013
    anyway... what would you like to see 1 in 10 satellites at £50 to win £500 (£220 plus rest in exes) ? how many would play that, please?
    Posted by SPT

Could not agree more with you, If you had this type of Sat then very few people would enter. My 2 pennys worth, you can get some very cheap deals on hotels etc, however there is also a some B/Bs around which is another cheap way of staying, try www.cheapdublindeals.com or www.booking.com/Dublin-Cheap-Hotels or www.beatthebrochure.com/holidays/...cities/dublin or www.icelolly.com/dublin These are just a few that are offering some great deals at the moment I hope this helps  guys this is a great community lets not spoil it with cheap humour it is not fair, and the bottom line is either enter or not your not forced to try and enter, SPT london I flew in from Berlin just to play had a great time got nowhere but had great cash on cash tables, it about the enjoyment of the game and meeting all the great community members from skypoker (well it is in my book) if work allows I will be there in Dublin 
  • SPTSPT
    edited April 2013
    Posted by bearlyther
    Not sure there will be direct buy in for this. Only 100 seats in the satellites. My advice would be to qualify in as if it happens direct buy in will be late in the piece.
  • edited April 2013

Just to address some points......

The Business did consider running Satellites which included travel & hotel costs.

However......the main reason for going to Dublin, where we have never been before, it to allow as many locals & ROI players as possible to sample a SPT "at home" for the very first time. So really, we are hoping lots of them qualify. This is really important for us.

The SPT Regulars who travel to all the SPT's are equally important, & we hope as many as are able are there, but capacity is extremely limited, so it is not easy to satisfy everyone on this occasion.

There are legal & logistical reasons why we chose Sporting Emporium, no other venue could satisfy those criteria, so the capacity thing was out of our hands.  
  • edited April 2013

Flights and hotel booked for myself and the Elder D.  Hopefully qualify.  If not, then it's a day at the racecourse.

Loverly.

• edited April 2013
    Does any of the locals, know of any hotels within walking distance of the venue. save on taxi fares, also how far out of DUBLIN is the Airport.
  • edited April 2013
    Does any of the locals, know of any hotels within walking distance of the venue. save on taxi fares, also how far out of DUBLIN is the Airport.
    Posted by ctbn

The airport is just north of the city, and the venue is in the centre, south of the river just north of stephens green.
  • edited April 2013
    I so cannot wait for SPT Dublin.  

As Solar said our hotel and flights are booked. If I get to play all good and well but I am going for the beer/friends/beer/fun/beer.  Oh did I mention going for beer? Hehe

Sky would not be able to organise a live event without people moaning for some reason or another. Anyone who goes to the SPT's know how much work goes into organising these events and how much work all the Sky staff do on the weekend.  Keep it up Sky you are doing a great job.  See you in Dublin
  • edited April 2013
    Well I have just got my ticket trough of all things the national freeroll held on friday.
    I finished 36th I think and was given auroras encore which only went and won.
    So thanks Sky and hope to see as many regulars there to put faces on alais's.
  • edited April 2013
    Well I have just got my ticket trough of all things the national freeroll held on friday. I finished 36th I think and was given auroras encore which only went and won. So thanks Sky and hope to see as many regulars there to put faces on alais's.
    Posted by day4eire76
    yeah i saw on the freeroll thread.....congrats and enjoy!
  • edited April 2013
    Aidan : You ever been to Ireland, Alan? Alan : No, no. I’d love to go. Aidan : It amazes me when people say that and it’s only 49 quid on a plane. Alan : Yeah. I think that’s what puts me off.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Love Partridge!
  • edited April 2013
    See you there Pops!!

May or may not be bringing a giant german in my back pocket

*for may read will

#cantactuallywait

xx
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: SPT Dublin : The airport is just north of the city, and the venue is in the centre, south of the river just north of stephens green.
    Posted by beaneh
    thanks beaneh, that helps a little, never been in dublin