You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team Sky Poker - know your Team!

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat

Good morning.

So far, 9 players have either qualified, or been selected.

They are.....

touchsmart

Aussie09

carrsbar

albania

madeyell

TommyD

Scotty77

JamieLou

Yoyo

They have each been sent the following questions......

Comments

• edited April 2013

When did you begin playing poker?

Favourite type of poker? (NLHE, Omaha, Cash, Tourneys, SNG’s etc?).  

What area of the country do you live? 

Domestic situation?  

Do you have a day job, if so, what is it? 

Hobbies? 

Favourite TV Programme? 

Favourite Football Team? 

Favourite TV or Film Star? 

Favourite Railway Station? 

Realistic expectations in the Monte Carlo Tourney?  

Poker Tourney you would most love to play in the entire world? 

Favourite hand, & why? 

Biggest poker win or loss? 

Favourite poker story from your time playing? 

Poker Pro you most admire, & why? 

Life Hero? 

• edited April 2013

So......before we reveal them in their entirety, some questions for you..... 
  • edited April 2013

Which player said their favourite TV programme was Curb Your Enthusiasm, & WHY do you think he or she likes it?
  • edited April 2013

Who said their favourite poker player was Ben Roberts or Chris Bjorin, and WHY?
  • edited April 2013

"Favourite Railway Station".

Answers included.....

Antwerp

Haywards Heath

Kings Cross, Platform 9 & 3/4.

But which TWO players replied, AND WHY.....

You are having a laugh?

Should we drop both of them for disrespect?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team!:
    "Favourite Railway Station". Answers included..... Antwerp Haywards Heath Kings Cross, Platform 9 & 3/4. But which TWO players replied, AND WHY..... You are having a laugh? Should we drop both of them for disrespect?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Really pleased this is being done, will be good to get to know the players (and more than the standard and in all reality very boring...what is your favourite poker hand)

This sounds like Julian would answer in such a disrespectful manner and if it is him he should be given a warning and possibly we should be looking for a new sponsored pro.

How are all the players getting on with their 5 minute presentations on concrete they have to do to you the night before the tournament?
  • edited April 2013
    Which player said their favourite TV programme was Curb Your Enthusiasm , & WHY do you think he or she likes it?
    Posted by Tikay10
    This has got to be Rob (Aussie09).  Would fit his dry witty humour perfectly.  Does he like it because it's good to see bald men in lead roles?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : This has got to be Rob (Aussie09).  Would fit his dry witty humour perfectly.  Does he like it because it's good to see bald men in lead roles?
    Posted by TommyD
    Try again........
  • edited April 2013
    "Favourite Railway Station". Answers included..... Antwerp Haywards Heath Kings Cross, Platform 9 & 3/4. But which TWO players replied, AND WHY..... You are having a laugh? Should we drop both of them for disrespect?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Am I just crashing into the stereotyped wall by saying this one is Jamie Lou.  TBF to me it's even odds between this and 'you 'avin' a laugh' for her pick of station.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Am I just crashing into the stereotyped wall by saying this one is Jamie Lou.  TBF to me it's even odds between this and 'you 'avin' a laugh' for her pick of station.
    Posted by TommyD
    I might have been offended by the 'blonde' stereotype. But I actually had to ask my friend if a train station and railway station were the same thing!

I'm 24, not 80! Who calls them railway stations these days?
  • edited April 2013

You are not doing very well.

Who in the Team has a pet dog by the name of Shirley?

Surely Shirley is easy?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : I might have been offended by the 'blonde' stereotype. But I actually had to ask my friend if a train station and railway station were the same thing! I'm 24, not 80! Who calls them railway stations these days?
    Posted by jamielou
    Ahem.

Listen to me. Dear.

Not knowing the difference between a Train & a Railway is like thinking cement & concrete are the same thing.

THEY ARE NOT.

Now don't make me cross, OK?

A Train runs on a railway.

A railway has Stations.

Trains DO NOT have Stations. Railways do.

I hope I make myself quite clear.
  • edited April 2013
    Which player said their favourite TV programme was Curb Your Enthusiasm , & WHY do you think he or she likes it?
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was surprised at this answer, I don't watch  that much TV and my answer would have also have been Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'm surprised as I didn't think it was that widely known in the UK, whenever I mention the program I usually get blank faces.

I enjoy Julian's style of writing, which often displays a dry sense of humor, so I would say Julian is a Larry David fan and possibly likes it because the lead character reminds him of somebody he know's well, somebody with a connection to TSP?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Ahem. Listen to me. Dear.   Not knowing the difference between a Train & a Railway is like thinking cement & concrete are the same thing. THEY ARE NOT . Now don't make me cross, OK? A Train runs on a railway. A railway has Stations. Trains DO NOT have Stations. Railways do. I hope I make myself quite clear.
    Posted by Tikay10
    So Tikay, without googling, what is the difference between cement and concrete ??? :D
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : I was surprised at this answer, I don't watch  that much TV and my answer would have also have been Curb Your Enthusiasm, I'm surprised as I didn't think it was that widely known in the UK, whenever I mention the program I usually get blank faces. I enjoy Julian's style of writing, which often displays a dry sense of humor, so I would say Julian is a Larry David fan and possibly likes it because the lead character reminds him of somebody he know's well, somebody with a connection to TSP?
    Posted by TheDart
    BOOM!

We have a winner.

You are correct, Thewy said that was his favourite TV Show.

I don't get the reference to who it reminds him of though, I don't watch pap & tosh TV, only grown-up stuff. 

Darty wins a Mini-Open seat, pick a night & I'll sort it Darty.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Ahem. Listen to me. Dear.   Not knowing the difference between a Train & a Railway is like thinking cement & concrete are the same thing. THEY ARE NOT . Now don't make me cross, OK? A Train runs on a railway. A railway has Stations. Trains DO NOT have Stations. Railways do. I hope I make myself quite clear.
    Posted by Tikay10

I do not yet stand corrected!

A bus runs on a road. Is a bus station therefore a 'road' station?

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : BOOM! We have a winner. You are correct, Thewy said that was his favourite TV Show. I don't get the reference to who it reminds him of though, I don't watch pap & tosh TV, only grown-up stuff.  Darty wins a Mini-Open seat, pick a night & I'll sort it Darty.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank you Larry, I mean Tikay :)

Can we strike whilst the iron's hot and put me into tonight's Mini-Open?

By the way I have the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme tune (Frolic), as my ringtone.

That may or may not be a very interesting fact!
  • edited April 2013
    You are not doing very well. Who in the Team has a pet dog by the name of Shirley? Surely Shirley is easy?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Well we all know that's Tommy :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Thank you Larry, I mean Tikay :) Can we strike whilst the iron's hot and put me into tonight's Mini-Open? By the way I have the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme tune (Frolic), as my ringtone. That may or may not be a very interesting fact!
    Posted by TheDart
    Same here! Bought the soundtrack so I could get it

"Somebody get a sponge!"

• edited April 2013
    i always thought longballlarry would be a great screen name 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : I do not yet stand corrected! A bus runs on a road. Is a bus station therefore a 'road' station?
    Posted by jamielou
    Don't be daft.

Not all buses run on roads. Some run OVER roads though. On bridges. 

Is this the coolest photo you ever saw? (Answer, "Yes Dear").  

• edited April 2013
    Posted by yoyo
    Larry and Leon :)

What a combination!
  • edited April 2013
    Great thread  really looking forward to watching the team at dtd but we all know the best is jamielou and will go the furthest gl everyone
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Thank you Larry, I mean Tikay :) Can we strike whilst the iron's hot and put me into tonight's Mini-Open? By the way I have the Curb Your Enthusiasm theme tune (Frolic), as my ringtone. That may or may not be a very interesting fact!
    Posted by TheDart
    Fingers crossed, Darty, you are IN tonight's Mini-Main. Keep an eye on the Lobby, hopefully your alias will appear.

If it does not, sorry, it's a bit late & I'm all over the place today, so we'll sort it for another night.

Good luck.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Don't be daft. Not all buses run on roads. Some run OVER roads though. On bridges.  Is this the coolest photo you ever saw? (Answer, "Yes Dear").    
    Posted by Tikay10
    I was all geared up to say no, dear. But I admittedly have a 'thing' for planes and that is preeeeeeeetty cool. So yes, dear. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : Fingers crossed, Darty, you are IN tonight's Mini-Main. Keep an eye on the Lobby, hopefully your alias will appear. If it does not, sorry, it's a bit late & I'm all over the place today, so we'll sort it for another night. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm in, thank you.
  • edited April 2013
    Tikay, may I join your team please?  I'll talk concrete and trains all the to Monte Carlo and back!
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by yoyo
    You're right, hahaha

This subject needs a whole new thread of it's own!

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Team Sky Poker - know your Team! : I'm in, thank you.
    Posted by TheDart
    Confirmed.

Win it all!

tillytrot20000 
    splashies20000 
    poshcole20000 
    macapaca20000 
    kidgirlgy20000 
    jp12920000 
    jdawg186920000 
    geoff194620000 
    fishsmoke20000