You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Mogul Thread Is No More. :/

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: The Mogul Thread:
    Must admit I was delighted when you two went at it there, very unlucky to find him with KK against your AJss three-way. I had a smattering of interest with my rag ace til it got 4-bet! VWP tonight though.
    Posted by bbMike
    TY! Yeah... it was all going in. Though, it probably looked a bit donk-ish when I 4-bet to like 72k or w/e it was - meant to go all-in but was a stupid mis-click! :P But, like I said, it was all going in. 

GG/WP
  • edited April 2013
    hi el
    good luck with the cash mate,
    from what i've read so far looks as though the hu turbos are good so keep them going.
    from my efforts with cash so far i can tell you nl4 is a slog,and nl10 is a minefield,so either way it's a challenge.
    might pay long term but i'm sure you know that anyway.
    gl buddy
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    hi el good luck with the cash mate, from what i've read so far looks as though the hu turbos are good so keep them going. from my efforts with cash so far i can tell you nl4 is a slog,and nl10 is a minefield,so either way it's a challenge. might pay long term but i'm sure you know that anyway. gl buddy (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Yeah... I don't intend to go to Cash for a while... It does my head in! Sooo I'll be sticking with the structured side for a while. :)

Cheers for posting!
  • edited April 2013
    Update 10

Just played 2 hours of HU turbos (£2.10) and made around £10, so can't complain. Was hoping to get to over £150 today but I guess I'll have to settle for £145!

Standard of opponents tonight was pretty good IMO. Didn't run good; didn't run bad so was an average sesh overall.

Thinking about moving up soon so the £5 ones... Not quite sure when though.

BR: £145.98

Mogul
  • edited April 2013
    Update 11

Only played one game yesterday due to grilfriend being over... and that one was because she wanted to learn how to play poker; but after about 5 minutes of watching me she was practically asleep... so that was the end of the poker activity yesterday. (Although I did manage to win the game... which is always nice.)

So started today with  bankroll of around £147. The first few sessions went pretty good (HU £2 Turbos) so I thought I'd take a shot at the £5 ones. It didn't go so well... I only managed to win 1 out of the 4 I played and that was primarily due to luck. So I quickly cowered down and went back to the £2 ones. The damage wasn't that bad as my roll is stil very much in tact at around £139. 

To be honest though I don't think I was concentrating that well in the games that I've played today, so maybe that had something to do with me losing the majority of the £5 ones. I'm aiming to take another shot soon though (assuming I can get my roll a bit higher first).

Will most likely be playing again later!

BR: £139.28

Mogul
  • edited April 2013
    Update 12

Sooo I went back on after and I wasn't doing to good. Can't quite remember why (whether it was variance, bad play or what) but I wasn't having a good time - think I was down to £120 at one point! I persevered though and after many games later I managed to get my role back up to over £150. 

I thought, then, that I'd take another shot at the £5 ones. I ended up doing pretty good, winning 3 out of the 4 I played. I played good and wasn't getting too much in the way of negative variance. Only single-tableing the £5 ones at the minute though. When I get my role to over £200 (which hopefully I will) then I'll think about starting to multi-table them as I do with the £2 ones.

Sooooo another positive day... even if I was quite negative at one point.

BR: £162.68

Mogul 
  • edited April 2013
    As much as I dislike to do it I'm regretfully going to have to play on another site. I've had so many problems lately with loading HU tables that it's affecting my bankroll. It's a shame but there's no way I can carry on when I'm losing money for no reason. Sigh..........................

I haven't encountered  problems on any other format but when I'm trying to build my roll thorugh playign HU SnGs then it becomes a bit of a hard task.

Thanks to those who have been reading.

Mogul
  • edited April 2013
    As much as I dislike to do it I'm regretfully going to have to play on another site. I've had so many problems lately with loading HU tables that it's affecting my bankroll. It's a shame but there's no way I can carry on when I'm losing money for no reason. Sigh.......................... I haven't encountered  problems on any other format but when I'm trying to build my roll thorugh playign HU SnGs then it becomes a bit of a hard task. Thanks to those who have been reading. Mogul
    Posted by El_Mogul
    hi EL
    that's a shame mate you are going elsewhere.
    i'm guessing you are playing on a laptop,and if you are having loading problems it could be your lappy isn't man enough for the job.(if i'm wrong here...oppologies)
    i wanted to play more tables back least year and my old pc would struggle after 6 tables so i bought an i7 and bingo can now play as many as i like.
    just a thought mate.
    best wishes anyway wherever you decide to play.
    never nice to see a sky reg leave.
    (* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: The Mogul Thread : hi EL that's a shame mate you are going elsewhere. i'm guessing you are playing on a laptop,and if you are having loading problems it could be your lappy isn't man enough for the job.(if i'm wrong here...oppologies) i wanted to play more tables back least year and my old pc would struggle after 6 tables so i bought an i7 and bingo can now play as many as i like. just a thought mate. best wishes anyway wherever you decide to play. never nice to see a sky reg leave. (* *)    ^ dev
    Posted by devonfish5

I don't think it's the laptop as it's quite new and powerful... so I don't quite know what it is. It's a new problem this loading thing though: it would say I have a table open when I don't and I can hear my chips being taken from me - so frustrating! :P

I do like this site so I'm not gonna stay away; but for the time being I'm just going to play HU where I won't encounter problems of this kind.

Cheers Dev.

Mogul