You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

7.15 DS

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Never again will i play the 7.15 DS, 1st & last time
some donk spent the 1st 40 min going all-in almost every hand, most idiotic raises, every hand and managed to knock several ppl out including myself after nearly 40 min of folding. how do these ppl manage to play so many stupid hands and continually get away with it.
xx

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Unfortunatley Borobabe, There is more and more people doing that these days, It is getting more like the lottery in the deep stack.

All hoping to hit miracle flops etc..
  • edited December 2009
    my poor poor feather so soz to hear u are upset ,

i shall go there now and sort this fishy out ,

slice him down the middle ,

cut his fish bones out ,

fry him up,

and eat him ,

your dearest irish m8 rover
  • edited December 2009
    Just had someone like that on my table, called him with 9's he had K2 and hit a king.  He said he entered the wrong s&g by accident.
  • edited December 2009
      Unfortunately the idiots have started to invade the deepstacks recently with no idea of how to play a slow structure.For further proof look in the thread i started in the strategy section for complete idiocy in a deepstack
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 7.15 DS:
      Unfortunately the idiots have started to invade the deepstacks recently with no idea of how to play a slow structure.For further proof look in the thread i started in the strategy section for complete idiocy in a deepstack
    Posted by Talon
    I played my first deepie last night in the 20.15 £5.50 and found it a proper game played by proper players. Everyone accepted the bad beats as they should and wished everyone the best. I finished 17th out of 52 which was far better than I thought I would considering the players involved. Can't wait to play again when I get the chance
    cheers
    Deano
  • edited December 2009

Why do u automatically label the aggressive players as idiots? do they make u feel uncomfortable? do u hate playing against them? do u hope ur drawn on a different table?

GOOD! Theyre half way there, its not a chatroom, its a poker tournament.! Yes the chat n banter is nice, but ur there to play cards I wud argue the people that enter these tournys then fold for 3 hours r the idiots, not the aggressive players!

If u show some resistance im sure he/she wud tighten up!

N before I get a backlash of comments, I was quoting the term "idiot" from someone who had already replied to this post! Ur adjective nt mine, even tho it is apropriate!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Why do u automatically label the aggressive players as idiots? do they make u feel uncomfortable? do u hate playing against them? do u hope ur drawn on a different table? GOOD! Theyre half way there, its not a chatroom, its a poker tournament.! Yes the chat n banter is nice, but ur there to play cards I wud argue the people that enter these tournys then fold for 3 hours r the idiots, not the aggressive players! If u show some resistance im sure he/she wud tighten up! N before I get a backlash of comments, I was quoting the term "idiot" from someone who had already replied to this post! Ur adjective nt mine, even tho it is apropriate! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    doh you know i am a m8 of yours ,

put plzzz thread carefully  with my feather friend borobabe
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 7.15 DS : I played my first deepie last night in the 20.15 £5.50 and found it a proper game played by proper players. Everyone accepted the bad beats as they should and wished everyone the best. I finished 17th out of 52 which was far better than I thought I would considering the players involved. Can't wait to play again when I get the chance cheers Deano
    Posted by mm12
    GREAT POST . THAT'S THE WAY MOST DEEP STACKS ARE . YES , YOU WILL FIND SOME ,THAT ATTACK THE GAME LIKE ROULETTE BUT THE OVER RIDING MAJORITY DON'T . BOROBABE , UL , IT HAPPENS TO US ALL , DON'T LOSE THE FAITH.
  • edited December 2009
    Okay I was quoting Talon, u cannot label an aggressive player an idiot, just for being aggressive, everyone knows aggression is a key attribute of a poker player.

Apologies if I came across abit strong, again, but I genuinely feel so strongly about it, hes basically calling me an idiot! - not directly

As the standard of play rises, so will the aggression. Tight players can combat this, its essential for a poker player to be able to adapt! Thats what this game is all about! no?

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    try the 10 seaters or the 8 15 deepies borobabe not as many loose players in these i was playing in all sorts of tournies and getting this sort of play it gets to you after a while but i found it doesnt happen as much in the bigger buy ins
  • edited December 2009
    DOH , I AM TIRED , SO I AM NOT GUARANTEEING MY THINKING (reading) IS STRAIGHT . WHAT HAS BEEN MENTIONED HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH AGGRESSIVE PLAYERS BUT WITH SOME ENTERING AND JUST GOING ALLIN  (AGAIN AND AGAIN) WITH ANY 2 CARDS FOR QUICK D/U .
  • edited December 2009
    Okay I was quoting Talon, u cannot label an aggressive player an idiot, just for being aggressive, everyone knows aggression is a key attribute of a poker player. Apologies if I came across abit strong, again, but I genuinely feel so strongly about it, hes basically calling me an idiot! - not directly As the standard of play rises, so will the aggression. Tight players can combat this, its essential for a poker player to be able to adapt! Thats what this game is all about! no? DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    np m8y ty dohhhhhhh
  • edited December 2009
    in Response to 7.15 DS:
    Never again will i play the 7.15 DS, 1st & last time some donk spent the 1st 40 min going all-in almost every hand, most idiotic raises, every hand and managed to knock several ppl out including myself after nearly 40 min of folding. how do these ppl manage to play so many stupid hands and continually get away with it. xx
    Posted by borobabe09
    ive been saying the 2 quid deepies have tirned into a bit of a farce lately boro,but for 2 quid its gonna happen,and it can still be fun,as you will probably know boro,the 8.15 is a much better tourny,great players,great people,and great banter...i enjoy them enourmously...............hope to see you there and gl at the tables Boro.

HOPE THIS HELPS!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to 7.15 DS:
    Never again will i play the 7.15 DS, 1st & last time some donk spent the 1st 40 min going all-in almost every hand, most idiotic raises, every hand and managed to knock several ppl out including myself after nearly 40 min of folding. how do these ppl manage to play so many stupid hands and continually get away with it. xx
    Posted by borobabe09
    Stay with it you know in the end the better players will win out, in 00.15 DS and have similar problem guy in front of me pushing all in either pre flop or on flop, we got him fairly quickly. I actually had huge luck hit top pair on flop called his push so did guy behind me with pocket aces and i rivered 2 pair.
  • edited December 2009
    If theyre simply going all in everytime, its so easy to play against! Whats the problem? lol I wud say wait till ur ahead of his range n call, but that wlll be 50% of the time! Wait till ur comfortably ahead of his/her range, THEN call, double thru early is massive advantage! dnt complain its gr8 news! :) - But please dnt call us idiots :(

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    DOH , YOU ARE RIGHT , BUT NOW AND AGAIN , THEY GET YOU AND IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING .
  • edited December 2009
    Thats the whole idea, we always getchya! ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: 7.15 DS : I played my first deepie last night in the 20.15 £5.50 and found it a proper game played by proper players. Everyone accepted the bad beats as they should and wished everyone the best. I finished 17th out of 52 which was far better than I thought I would considering the players involved. Can't wait to play again when I get the chance cheers Deano
    Posted by mm12

i am happy you enjoyed it ,

as a regular on this 8.15pm deepstack myself,

the deepstack gang on there are a very friendly group,

hope you will joins us all again ,

looking forward to seen you ,

kind regards your future irish m8 rover

• edited December 2009
    LOL,. OK . DO YOU GO ALLIN WITH J7 FIRST HAND ??? OR Q8 ETC.  30 MINUTES LATER YOU HAVE AA , THEY SHOVE ALLIN WITH K6 AND FLOP COMES Q66 !!!!
  • edited December 2009
    Why do u automatically label the aggressive players as idiots? do they make u feel uncomfortable? do u hate playing against them? do u hope ur drawn on a different table? GOOD! Theyre half way there, its not a chatroom, its a poker tournament.! Yes the chat n banter is nice, but ur there to play cards I wud argue the people that enter these tournys then fold for 3 hours r the idiots, not the aggressive players! If u show some resistance im sure he/she wud tighten up! N before I get a backlash of comments, I was quoting the term "idiot" from someone who had already replied to this post! Ur adjective nt mine, even tho it is apropriate! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think you'll find that "idiot" is a noun not an adjective.
  • edited December 2009
    there manic players booro babe  keep away from them dont get involed wih  them good luck xx
  • edited December 2009
      Dohhh  did you see the hand i referred to when i described the play as idiocy. If you can honestly review that hand and not descibe it as idiocy then why not. Just because i describe that hand as idiocy does not actually say anything about any other player in any other situation.
      Aggression is a major part of the game as everyone knows. Some use it more than others and i appreciate this and respect it. But there is a group of people who use aggression for aggressions sake and it has no basis in poker. I have seen your play Dohhh and i know that you are aggressive but not stupid, it is the one trick pony super aggressive players that need to be educated. And before you argue no i do not suggest they play my style but just tone down a bit and start using intelligence alongside the aggression

I hope this clarifies what my post said. There are enough idiots playing on this site, but they are idiots because they are idiots, not because of the style of play they choose.
  • edited December 2009

TO ADD TO MY POSTS FROM LAST NIGHT . " THESE PLAYERS " WE ARE TALKING ABOUT RARELY GET INTO THE CASH , ATLEAST IN DEEP STACKS . A GOOD PLAYER WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO , ONCE THEY HAVE A LARGE STACK . MOST OF THE PLAYERS I AM REFERRING TOO , WILL SOONER OR LATER BLOW THE LOT IN A FEW HANDS . GOT TO ADD , THAT I DON'T MIND HAVING A PLAYER LIKE THAT ON MY TABLE BUT DO SUFFER FROM ENVY WHEN IT IS SOMEONE ELSE TAKING THERE CHIPS ;) ... OR LESS THEY GET LUCKY AND HIT THERE RUNNER RUNNER ETC. AGAINST ME .

• edited December 2009

You can make an "idiot"play - Idiot is describing the doing word? haha its so long since I did english lit at 6 form. Well it isnt but it seems that way. Whats a verb then? haha

I'll have a look at the strategy section Talon not been there for a while ill comment there.

Any help with mi english language appreciated! hahah

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    i have personally run into these so called idiots in some of these deepies and some of my fellow deepy regulars have been on the table with me when they have luckboxed it and took someone out early.but as has already been said they hardly ever cash,in fact most of the time by the stage of blinds reaching 150/300 they are already out.

i hope this helps.dav
  • edited December 2009

I have played in half a dozen DS tourneys and i have found that they have helped my game come along no end as i am still learning the game. I even cashed in one once upon a time. I do think the structure is better for some more steady progressive poker where a raise of some kind will get the respect it deserves and you dont often find an aggressive all-in in the early stages of the tourney. Yes, you will find the odd one or two who think they are in a velocity of some kind and will go OTT more often than not but that is they choice. Everyone has paid the same entry fee and can play however they want so i do agree with MR DOHHHHHHHH that the aggressive players should not be labbled 'idiots' but be allowed to play how they see fit.

And i hope this next bit doesnt come over as a 'bad beat whinge' because it is defiantley not, but in the last two DS i have played I have once gone out with KK v AA against the CL which is just auto play in later stages of the tourney and another one went out when i was ahead and got rivered close to the FT time. But unlike one of the opens, where you get knocked out either by a good play or bad play, I didnt feel crushed and enjoyed the poker, the standard of play and defiantley all the GOOD banter and chat throughtout a long structered MTT.

PS..I think the players that promote these do a thankless job but a worthwhile one.

IHTH.........(any idea want this is a abrv for????.....LOL)
  • edited December 2009
    i think it could be an anagram of IPOHESHITHPLSE

I HOPE THIS HELPS.DAV
  • edited December 2009
    You can make an "idiot"play - Idiot is describing the doing word? haha its so long since I did english lit at 6 form. Well it isnt but it seems that way. Whats a verb then? haha I'll have a look at the strategy section Talon not been there for a while ill comment there. Any help with mi english language appreciated! hahah DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You asked for help with your English language so I'll try to oblige.

There is no such thing as an "idiot play". I think you are confusing it with an "idiotic play" or, possibly, a "play by an idiot" which are two different things. That is why it is important to be precise with the English language - it avoids ambiguity.
    Also, "play" in this context is a noun not a verb (or "doing word"). If "play" were being used as a verb in this sentence then it would have an entirely different meaning, something along the lines of "you can make an idiot play but you cannot make him think".
    Finally, a word used to modify a verb is an adverb not an adjective.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification.

I hope that this helps (but, somehow, I doubt it). :-)
  • edited December 2009
    HI MERE , YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO CORRECT MINE . JUST PLEASE , DO NOT ASK ME TO TURN " CAPS " OFF .
  • edited December 2009
    HI MERE , YOU ARE ALWAYS WELCOME TO CORRECT MINE . JUST PLEASE , DO NOT ASK ME TO TURN " CAPS " OFF .
    Posted by PILLOWMAN
    Can you turn "caps" off, please. ;-)