You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any regs fed up with sky??

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
im of the thinking if you dont like sky then dont play on the site, no good twining but for the past couple of months ive stopped enjoying my poker, been winning aswell so that makes it even stranger, i just thought i needed a break but after playing elswhere lately ive realised its not me its sky im fed up with, night after night of rubbish tournaments has just took its toll on me and after a change of sites i feel ready to play away til my hearts content.
its such a shame aswell because ive played here since 2008 and given 95% of my play to sky and ive made decent coin from the site so i cant complain and if it wasnt for sky poker tv id have never gotten any better but until sky provide a decent schedule of mtts i think i will only be playing selcted tournaments on here from now on and dedicating my time elsewhere. 

any other sky stalwarts feel the same or just me?

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to any regs fed up with sky??:
    im of the thinking if you dont like sky then dont play on the site, no good twining but for the past couple of months ive stopped enjoying my poker, been winning aswell so that makes it even stranger, i just thought i needed a break but after playing elswhere lately ive realised its not me its sky im fed up with, night after night of rubbish tournaments has just took its toll on me and after a change of sites i feel ready to play away til my hearts content. its such a shame aswell because ive played here since 2008 and given 95% of my play to sky and ive made decent coin from the site so i cant complain and if it wasnt for sky poker tv id have never gotten any better but until sky provide a decent schedule of mtts i think i will only be playing selcted tournaments on here from now on and dedicating my time elsewhere.  any other sky stalwarts feel the same or just me?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Probably not a bad idea to qualify your arguments.

What dont you like?

Whats wrong with the MTTs?

How would you like to see it improved?

Maybe then this will be seen as a meaningful post rather than a moan & hence ignored?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky??:
    In Response to any regs fed up with sky?? : Probably not a bad idea to qualify your arguments. What dont you like? Whats wrong with the MTTs? How would you like to see it improved? Maybe then this will be seen as a meaningful post rather than a moan & hence ignored?
    Posted by Ploppy33
    i havent got time to write about mtts on sky to be fair, it would turn into an essay, this is a moan to be fair so il take the critisim but i feel i have right to moan, ive played here for 5 years, why shouldnt i moan if i think somethings not right, if you want to see why i dont like the mtt schedule just take a look in the lobby now, i dont really have to say anything the lobby says it all!!
  • edited April 2013

It wouldn't be an essay to write one line of what tournaments you are referring to.

If you point out exactly what you are not happy about it, Sky could take it on board.

What's the formats you like on other sites? Why not bring that up as a suggestion.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : i havent got time to write about mtts on sky to be fair, it would turn into an essay, this is a moan to be fair so il take the critisim but i feel i have right to moan, ive played here for 5 years, why shouldnt i moan if i think somethings not right, if you want to see why i dont like the mtt schedule just take a look in the lobby now, i dont really have to say anything the lobby says it all!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Well you saw me moaning about mtts. Tbf at least sky have picked up on what I had to say. But I get what your saying. Its like looking for a new partner after youve been divorced, weird but you know you have to move on!

I would say go an play on other sites, and play the odd one on sky that you do like. That way you get the best of all worlds. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : i havent got time to write about mtts on sky to be fair, it would turn into an essay, this is a moan to be fair so il take the critisim but i feel i have right to moan, ive played here for 5 years, why shouldnt i moan if i think somethings not right, if you want to see why i dont like the mtt schedule just take a look in the lobby now, i dont really have to say anything the lobby says it all!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Nowt wrong with having a moan, I was only pointing out that from your OP there was not a lot to go on to enable anyone to make a meaningful reply.
  • edited April 2013
    What a pointless post.

Of all the sites I have played on, I consider Sky by far the best at asking for its memberrs opinions and input. Why bother typing that and not bother talking to Sky about your ideas/concerns?
  • edited April 2013
    lol calca nice post mate
  • edited April 2013
    yah I get bored of sky v.quickly

boring regs/lack of variety in mtts
  • edited April 2013
    you know me, if it needs to be said, I shall say it
  • edited April 2013
    have a moan if you will - but don't be derogatory as that will just get you forum banned

provide constructive ideas - there has been various threads recently calling for mtts to be changed, repriced or retimed.

and if it still isn't working then sure - follow mr gooners advice
  • edited April 2013
    It wouldn't be an essay to write one line of what tournaments you are referring to. If you point out exactly what you are not happy about it, Sky could take it on board. What's the formats you like on other sites? Why not bring that up as a suggestion.
    Posted by LARSON7
    ok its monday night, i want to play a a freeze out tournament with stakes anywhere between £22.00 to £100. what are my options???? dont bother looking cos there is none. this my point , sky cater for bounty hunter players and that is all.
  • edited April 2013
    I play around 15 tournaments a day across various sites however with the schedule i would only be looking to play 3 tournaments a week on sky because of the structures which are the £55 bounty hunter,£110 bh and the £55 primo.  The £110 sky roller was also a great structure aswell as was the £33 double stack.  Also the super roller is a great structure and it would be great to have this on every week.  But yea as an mtt grinder there isnt enough tournies with good structures it would be great to see a bigger selection. Also the site really needs antes to come in.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah sky tournaments are based around s##t BH as donks love them. Bring back the deep stack main, bring back the Thursday roller for a start!
  • edited April 2013
    and bring back the 30p dym :):) but i could never get fed up with this forum :):) xxx
  • edited April 2013
    and bring back the 30p dym :):) but i could never get fed up with this forum :):) xxx
    Posted by paige55
    Haha, op is Bertie big Bahoonas dont you know. high roller baby

• edited April 2013
    far to many £2.30 bounty hunters imo i think mtts should be on the higher stakes £10 upwards if u want to play small stakes play sit n goes they have small stakes bounty hunters in there tbh i dnt mind the main n mini each nite and the £5.50 freezeout with a gtd apart from that think there needs to be alot of change bring back the lucky 7s mtt and the tsp classic   

is it just me but the tsp classic was great knowing ya could be sat next to a julian thew or a scotty 77 just makes ya wanna play so much better bring back the old tourneys 
  • edited April 2013
    i think a gd improvemnt is the turbo tuesday tourney £11 buy in over 400 players with 7 min blinds good structure far to many small mtts on i thought people who start up building with there b/roll play cash not good to play small mtts so scrap the small mtts and bring in some bigger 1s :)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : Haha, op is Bertie big Bahoonas dont you know. high roller baby
    Posted by calcalfold
    there you go again trying to be smart, im far from a high roller and never proclaimed to be. im not looking down my nose at you because you play nl4 so stop being so defensive
  • edited April 2013
    now,now boy,s behave :):) xxx kiss and make up :):)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : there you go again trying to be smart, im far from a high roller and never proclaimed to be. im not looking down my nose at you because you play nl4 so stop being so defensive
    Posted by THEROCK573
    you did call him a little idiot.......

his post was blunt but relevant - you are clearly frustrated but your OP was more a moan than a constructive criticism - which you have started to address subsequently

• edited April 2013
    yes ive had enough get dealt the same cr ap cards 58 25 36 74 25 58 29 38 over n over again then get dealt a low pair then ak or aj just to get me to call to give my chips to the table leader just to get the tournament run down quicker.... go all in you alwats get beat on the river by someone calling with 23 910 and hitting the run everytime !!! but its all meant to random and unpredictable RNG yeah right it is..tryed other sites and they all the same im just playin small entry fee tourneys once or twice a week now for fun and not lose as much money now
  • edited April 2013
    thread fights ftw :-)
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : you did call him a little idiot....... his post was blunt but relevant - you are clearly frustrated but your OP was more a moan than a constructive criticism - which you have started to address subsequently
    Posted by GELDY

Exactly, there is no need for name calling, it doesnt bother me in the slightest, but it detracts from the boards, I mean how old are you anyway?

Or is it the lack of mental ability to derive a witty retort that results in a nethanderthal type revert to aggression?

Besides, if you cant take a bit of light banter, you really shouldnt be dishing it out in the first place.
  • edited April 2013

Your right TheRocks everything you've said is correct.
    This is coming from, as you know a guy who plays all mtts on here.
    I will be on lot less for same reasons as you.

• edited April 2013
    Good luck OP trying to get more tournies down that suit you.

I know it has been mentioned a few times about the lack of variety of tournies on here before by other contributors, and the high level of bounty hunters.

I would actually like to see a tournie inbetween a regular BH and a deepstack. The BH, well at the lower levels, can be a bit of bingo at times, where as the deepstacks are pretty slow at going in. It would be good to have a tournie that allowed for some decent poker play, but not as deep as the current deepstacks. I love playing tournies, but it's better live.
  • edited April 2013
    If mtts r ur preferred game, just play somewhere else.

Don't understand why any MTT player wud class this as their 'main' site. 

• edited April 2013
    What a pointless post. Of all the sites I have played on, I consider Sky by far the best at asking for its memberrs opinions and input. Why bother typing that and not bother talking to Sky about your ideas/concerns?
    Posted by calcalfold
    Talking about pointless posts.........

Remember these words?

" Now, how am I going to extract most value from quads. Dont you just love it when people donk bet....oooh I paired my ace, i got de nuts, time to get my moniez"

Pot, Kettle and Black!
  • edited April 2013
    Your right TheRocks everything you've said is correct. This is coming from, as you know a guy who plays all mtts on here. I will be on lot less for same reasons as you.
    Posted by DivsDreams
    sence at last. lol
  • edited April 2013
    If mtts r ur preferred game, just play somewhere else. Don't understand why any MTT player wud class this as their 'main' site. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    well i guess its just because its softer fields on sky if im being honest.
  • edited April 2013
    jesus christ,

if you dont like food from aldi, u go to Waitrose. U dont stand outside Aldi saying how poo it is.