You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

any regs fed up with sky??

Comments

• edited April 2013
    in fairness therock573 has started and contributed greatly to any thread looking to improve the mtt schedule on sky.  it's not like he hasn't tried 'talking to sky'

this one may be a moan but its most likely a moan based on the fact that nothing has come from trying to talk to sky like so many people have advised.

dohhhhhh hit the nail completely on the head....as an mtt grinder this is the wrong site to be on. 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky??:
    In Response to Re: any regs fed up with sky?? : i did call him an idiot yes, and i stand by that comment because i think he is one.  my post was a moan but everyone likes a moan from time to time, i dont see how my post isnt relevant either, your an mtt player and can you honestly say your happy with the schedule on sky???
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Dude, take a chill pill, you on life tilt or something?
  • edited April 2013
    Hey everyone,

I think this is a very interesting DISCUSSION (as long as we keep it that way, with no name calling or berating etc)

It seemed almost too perfect not to mention something new that is coming up on Sky Poker in the coming weeks.

We will be running a promotion called 'Battle of the Mains' whereby two main events, with the exact same buy-in and guarantee, will be running alongside one another. However, the two mains will be completely different in structure (for example a Turbo Bounty Hunter and a Deepstack).

There will be the 'Regular' (the main that currently runs) versus 'The Contender' (the main that will be new and looking to displace the regular tournament from its throne). The notion is that whichever tournament generates the largest prizepool will then run on the same weekday the following week.

I feel as though this discussion could be used to suggest any tournaments that you might want to see as 'contenders' to the regular MTT's that run at the moment (remember all ideas will be considered, but of course, not all ideas will be implemented)

Remember, this promotion is not scheduled to run for quite some time, but this thread seemed a good place to mention that it is coming...!

Please keep suggestions well balanced and calm, as the last thing I want is for it to be closed down after getting out of hand.

Let me know what you think :)

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • edited April 2013
    To be fair to Sky it seems to me like they've tried hard to get bigger buy-in MTTs off the ground over the last couple of years, but there just aren't enough players here looking to play at those stakes to sustain them as a regular daily fixture. If iirc there was a £100 buy-in event every night for a while, but they just didn't get the numbers and were soon pulled.

When the Primo was a £33 tournament it used to get over 500 runners every week without fail and carried a £15K guarantee. Since the buy-in has been increased to £55 the average field has more than halved, just a few over 200 is the norm now (it was 204 this Sunday). Obviously the guarantee has been chipped away accordingly and is now down to £10K. Those numbers tell you all you need to know. In my opinion the shift to £55 can only be considered a failure.

You guys calling for more big stakes tournies are just gonna have to accept you're in a minority here, albeit a vocal minority. The silent majority have no interest in those games.
  • edited April 2013
    Nice one Sky Joe. You sound as if you know whats happening so glad youve took time out to mention that on the thread.
    For you guys who said this is the wrong site for MTT grinders, Thats cool youve said that, You guys probably know other sites better. I started on Sky just couple of years back and have never played on another site until very recently. The other site seems very good, but due to the big numbers, only problem i will have is getting time to play a lot of them. Hence why i play on sky and to be honest only place ave played so all ive ever knew, Like lots of people on here, Also fact i do ok, its case of if its not broke dont fix it.
    Maybey im same as Rock bit bored of same players, same rebuy tournys, same bounty hunters. Maybey bit bored of poker?.
    I will just do same as Rocks and Bearly and play selected tournys now. I think a similar Sky Roller tournament wud be great Joe, even a smaller buy in and  smaller gtd pool , if you dont want to have overlay. Also less rebuys id hope for, although not a problem keeping an add on if needed to help make cash up. Cheers
  • edited April 2013
    now,now boy,s behave :):) xxx kiss and make up :):)
    Posted by paige55
    Yes a kiss, kiss, mtt with everyone kissin the screen when they double up, sounds good.
  • edited April 2013
    yeah so fed up @ cash - like snoreville city
    Decided to just stop giving action to certain bore.com regs
    playing somewhere else where players actually do play some pokerz
    Very diffcult to improve playing cash on SKY !

MTT's are fun though )

• edited April 2013
    I suppose everyone got the survey off sky asking about your ideas.
    Well going off this thread if like me you said, "to many bounty hunters".
    We my see a change.
  • edited April 2013
    I suppose everyone got the survey off sky asking about your ideas. Well going off this thread if like me you said, "to many bounty hunters". We my see a change.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    The players vote with their buy-ins; Bounty Hunters always attract far more runners than freeze-outs on Sky at all stakes. Why should Sky cut back on the most popular games? 

Watch the lobby this afternoon. One of the many daytime £2.30 Bounty Hunters will start at 2-15pm, the only £2.20 deepstack that runs all day will start just 5 minutes later at 2-20pm. I predict the Bounty Hunter will still attract more runners.
  • edited April 2013
    Yeh I agree with you Gary that bounty hunters will always get more runners. Thats a gimmie at lunchtime today. But if you move up a level, The £5.50 mega stack would compare closely with a 5.75- £500 GTD Bounty Hunter in numbers. (I know thats only on 1 time a weeK). Up to the top level, The £55 primo always makes the guarantee. Would a 2 night a week £ 55 freezeout do well on sky? I will say yes. Lets for example call it The Midweek Primo, Winner gets free entry to Sundays Primo. could have  jackpot for winning 2 in same week. and say a Mini Sky roller another night with 5k starting chips, even 8 min blinds. Worth a try or were gona lose lot of players in my opinion. Need get excitement back somehow. Cant keep holding out for VLV. Pople bored wating on that coming out aswell.
  • edited April 2013

I'm pretty much in a +1 with Div's post. (both of them)

Limited experience elsewhere, getting a bit bored of the routine on here, becoming more selective in what I play, SKY remains my first choice but I feel less inclined to play as much as I used to, when I look at the MTT lobby some nights SKY Poker is losing it's appeal, though this could be just me and other reasons / other interests.

I thought the Monte Carlo TSP event, rekindled alot of the good things SKY's all about, though I felt SKY shot themselves in the foot by stopping the qualifier 10 days or so before the event. Interest was building, people seemed keen to get involved, but SKY closed the door too early in my opinion, poker players seem to love 'the last chance saloon' and I think there was a trick missed there.
    Of course there were other way's to qualify for the DTD Monte Carlo and a number of SKY reg's went that way, but of no benefit to SKY, perhaps there were legal reasons for SKY not running sats closer to the event?

I think similar events where team TSP get involved and regs have a chance to sat their way in would be great, maybe even a return of the TSP mtt, with an associated league and TSP live seats as the reward?

Similar shooting in foot by SKY over VLV, there must be good reason for the lack of VLV, but whilst SKY hold back or are held back, there are other options and avenues to qualify for a Vegas package, none of which benefit SKY.

IMO, VLV has been getting bigger and better each year, I thought this year would see the biggest SKY team yet and spread the wings further, with added packages, the opportunity to get SKY players into a few of the many 'side' events leading up to the WSOP.

Again there are opportunities out there but not through SKY, personally if I was going to Vegas during the WSOP my first choice would be to try and win my way onto team SKY with Tikay in Vegas, but it seems the Vegas dream will have to take a different path.

UKOPS is good, but for me Christmas and Easter are not ideal times for me to be focusing on poker, perhaps my profile doesn't fit that of a typical poker player?

The SuperRoller is also a good addition, but it's once a month, so there is no guarantee I can play it regularly so I don't play sat's until I know what I'm doing.

Now if SKY run the SuperRoller more regularly and ran satellites where you win a seat to 'a SuperRoller of your choice' I would fully be committed to the event.

I recently qualified for the £110BH, then found I couldn't play, de-registered and had to apply some pressure to customer care to get them to refund my buy-in and I'm not going through that again!

Back to the nightly MTT's, I will try anything once, so any attempts to freshen up the schedule will be supported by me, I will certainly get involved with 'The Battle of the mains'.

Too many BH's and rebuys for my liking at the moment, the Thursday SKYRoller was quality, why not run it every week again, but have sats where you win 'a SKYRoller seat of your choice', put an expiry date on it so you don't have 'credits' sitting in peoples accounts for months, this would also stop people playing these sats just for the prize money and not taking their seats in the event.

How about a 10 seater main being part of 'The Battle'?

• edited April 2013
    I'm pretty much in a +1 with Div's post. (both of them) Limited experience elsewhere, getting a bit bored of the routine on here, becoming more selective in what I play, SKY remains my first choice but I feel less inclined to play as much as I used to, when I look at the MTT lobby some nights SKY Poker is losing it's appeal, though this could be just me and other reasons / other interests. I thought the Monte Carlo TSP event, rekindled alot of the good things SKY's all about, though I felt SKY shot themselves in the foot by stopping the qualifier 10 days or so before the event. Interest was building, people seemed keen to get involved, but SKY closed the door too early in my opinion, poker players seem to love 'the last chance saloon' and I think there was a trick missed there. Of course there were other way's to qualify for the DTD Monte Carlo and a number of SKY reg's went that way, but of no benefit to SKY, perhaps there were legal reasons for SKY not running sats closer to the event? I think similar events where team TSP get involved and regs have a chance to sat their way in would be great, maybe even a return of the TSP mtt, with an associated league and TSP live seats as the reward? Similar shooting in foot by SKY over VLV, there must be good reason for the lack of VLV, but whilst SKY hold back or are held back, there are other options and avenues to qualify for a Vegas package, none of which benefit SKY. IMO, VLV has been getting bigger and better each year, I thought this year would see the biggest SKY team yet and spread the wings further, with added packages, the opportunity to get SKY players into a few of the many 'side' events leading up to the WSOP. Again there are opportunities out there but not through SKY, personally if I was going to Vegas during the WSOP my first choice would be to try and win my way onto team SKY with Tikay in Vegas, but it seems the Vegas dream will have to take a different path. UKOPS is good, but for me Christmas and Easter are not ideal times for me to be focusing on poker, perhaps my profile doesn't fit that of a typical poker player? The SuperRoller is also a good addition, but it's once a month, so there is no guarantee I can play it regularly so I don't play sat's until I know what I'm doing. Now if SKY run the SuperRoller more regularly and ran satellites where you win a seat to 'a SuperRoller of your choice' I would fully be committed to the event. I recently qualified for the £110BH, then found I couldn't play, de-registered and had to apply some pressure to customer care to get them to refund my buy-in and I'm not going through that again! Back to the nightly MTT's, I will try anything once, so any attempts to freshen up the schedule will be supported by me, I will certainly get involved with 'The Battle of the mains'. Too many BH's and rebuys for my liking at the moment, the Thursday SKYRoller was quality, again why not run it every week again, but have sats where you win 'a SKYRoller seat of your choice', put an expiry date on it so you don't have 'credits' sitting in peoples accounts for months, this would also stop people playing these sats just for the prize money and not taking their seats in the event. How about a 10 seater main being part of 'The Battle'?
    Posted by TheDart
    a top quality post hope sky are listening
  • edited April 2013
    Nice post The Dart. I  agree with everything you said more or less.
    I think If Sky Joe looks at this, Please listen  to all the regulars saying the same thing. Time to take notice and do something.
  • edited April 2013
    good thread

+1 to rock, divs, gary and dart re the poker

the BHs may well remain the most popular, but sky needs to maintain a balanced portfolio if it wants strength in depth. otherwise as the bingo players mature into true mtt warriors they may end up leaving. also promos such as the dtd mc is hardly targetted at BH players, and sky needs to have a serious proposition available otherwise why bother? 

• edited April 2013
    In regards to the Monte Carlo point you made Mr Darty, I can't see a last chance saloon being a good idea and getting a lot of traffic because it requires 3 days away from home/family and to book a Friday off work for the majority. I think it was planned in such a way that they didn't get a winner who then couldn't get the time off work.

For me personally I don't mind the BH's... I've been playing DYMs this month after taking a break from the cash grind. I play the odd BH as well and as everyone keeps saying the BH fields are weak, so what's not to like? I agree there needs to be an increase in freezeouts, however back when Sky did the promo where you can get a tourney of your choice put into the lobby I had a regular £11 freezeout made, 10 minute blinds all standard stuff which we keep saying Sky is lacking. A lot of people said it would go down well and was just what we needed. By the time the tournament started we had 7 runners! Yes 7! After late reg I think it got to 24 and missed it's (imo) very small guarentee of £300. If that was a BH I would expect it to have got a minimum of 60 - 70 runners.

Good quote from Gary earlier, there may be a very vocal minority, but there is very much a silent majority. These are the people Sky try to please, they are the recreational players, come and go for a bit of fun, maybe deposit everytime they come on. They don't use the forum as they are not on every day, but if BH's started to disapear the majority would suddenly become very vocal.
  • edited April 2013
    Bring back the double stack, i have seen this in a thread before, it's a tournament i would defo play and i'm sure others would be happy to see this back.
  • edited April 2013
    All very interesting points and I'm glad we are staying on track with regards to the subject on hand.

I hope you all think that 'Battle of the Mains' is a good idea and that it might help to really highlight which tournaments are favoured most by the most important people of all....YOU the customers.

Keep the suggestions coming and be assured that we are taking notes and listening to each and every one of them....

Thanks
  • edited April 2013
    I think there should be more turbo tournaments costing £5/£10/£20 on an evening. Maybe every hour between 6-10pm? (what I assume is peak time)

Jonathan
  • edited April 2013
    I don`t play many mtts but when I did I liked the double stack on a wed night but I also enjoy the £11 rebuy when you buy a rebuy str8 away its like a £22 double stack really, also like the primo and super roller I do try sat into them but when I play them they are good fun.
  • edited April 2013
    Too many bounty hunters deffo need a lot more medium (say £10 and £20) buyin mtts instead with decent structures and decent stacks 4k chips 10 min blinds
  • edited April 2013
    Too many bounty hunters deffo need a lot more medium (say £10 and £20) buyin mtts instead with decent structures and decent stacks 4k chips 10 min blinds
    Posted by gixxerk4
    This would also be my preferred route.
    There doesn't seem to be much middle ground. We have plenty of very low stake tourneys and then there seems to be quite a jump.
    The problem for me is the small prizepool in the low buy ins doesn't really convince me to commit a couple of hours or so to it. Then with the bigger buy ins, i would rather go and play live.

£10/£20 rebuys would create a decent prizepool and i would certainly play these regulary. They were pretty much all i played on a couple of other sites before i started on sky. I very rarely play any tournies on sky.

Agree with gixxer on structures as well. Urghh 2000 starting chips. Maybe 4000 is too much but increase of any kind in starting stack would appeal more to me.

Having said all that, Sky know what works for them and as Gary and Flashflush indicated there doesn't appear to be much demand for anything other than the bounty hunters.
  • edited April 2013
    Posted by gixxerk4

Rebuy straight away in the £11 rebuys and you will have 4000 chips and 12 min blinds.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't like all the mains but the ones I don't like tend to be popular and so are unlikley to be replaced as a result of the battle thing but heads up to Sky for trying something different.  The one tournament that bugs me at the monent is the 9 o'clock rebuy on a Thursday. a0 cos it runs too late for a work night and b) it is the same as the friday 9 o'clock and c) this is where the ROLLER used to be and should return imo.
  • edited April 2013
    30p dym lol love it! Sky is the top site for me but its nice to have an alternative site when you want a change.

Ger
  • edited April 2013
    I don't like all the mains but the ones I don't like tend to be popular and so are unlikley to be replaced as a result of the battle thing but heads up to Sky for trying something different.  The one tournament that bugs me at the monent is the 9 o'clock rebuy on a Thursday. a0 cos it runs too late for a work night and b) it is the same as the friday 9 o'clock and c) this is where the ROLLER used to be and should return imo.
    Posted by SoLack
    +1
  • edited April 2013
    I have to agree with almost all of the points here. I started off on sky and enjoyed seeing the MTT schedule progress for the first year or so, but the last year has seen the schedule become less variable, with less options and essentially less interesting.

And so I find myself playing mroe on another site now, I will always play on sky, some one the "Main Events" are quite honestly just too boring for me to put the time in to play.

Now, I like the calls for better structures however I like so many others here it seems prefer some faster structured mtts. So for example I think the addition of turbo Tueday is fantastic, and its reflected in the numbers the MTT gets (although admittedly it is £11 not £55 for example). 

The problem for sky for me is the fact that there are other sites which provide bigger and better tournaments and they cant compete. I like a long structured mtt, but not at 9pm that lasts until 2 in the morning where unless you make the last 3 you make 3-5x your money. So I find myself playing one on another site for the same sort of value that offers antes, better software and a 20x bigger GTEE.

I like alot of the suggestions on here. Theres no point in introducing 110£ mtts, they wont make a worthwhile guarantee for sure as much as I and various other would like it. For now I think sky need to consolidate and work with what they have and improve this before trying to out think other sites with inventive ideas that dont work or last. The 11-33 BI mtts are seriously lacking (Apart from BH's). I dont mind bounty hunters myself, theyre ridic value so whats not to love? But I play only freezeouts and some rebuys on the other big site and prefer these.

So, for me id like to see some 11-33 (even 44!) BI Mtts, preferably freezeouts. Not just good structures, put in some 11 pound turbo freezouts, maybe the odd 22. And vary the times! Your losing so many customers every night who cant stay up until the finish time of the 9pm events so dont bother playing them! Why not run them along side the main? It gives the grinders 2 bigger ones to play and intrduce a nightly turbo at 9pm. 11 to 33 pound, put a 2k min gtee on it and im sure it would be highly sucessful! Alternitively start the main and mini at 8 (or 7.30) and have a bigger 8.30 event and a 9pm turbo. Instead of flooding the lobby with small Bhs, Scarys, Turbos, Speed (which is confusing!!!). Try and focus the schedule and make it far simpler and be a little shrewd!

There are some good 5 pound Bh mtts that hit nice GTees and I cant fault this. But maybe once a week introduce a freezeout, stick a good Gtee on it and put it at a sensible time so people dont have to sleep before the end. For example, introducing the megastack was a good idea, but the poor structure means your playing way to long for the money available! So I dont even bother, id rather play a BH and make it more interesting (though I understand why people enjoy this). Slowly introducing freezeouts will make them more popular, especially if you take some of the 3047598739857 Bh's out of the lobby. Have loads more to say but have to go so may post osme more fleshed out ideas/comments later as this was rushed! 

Good thread I hope sky take note!
  • edited April 2013
    Why haveu deleted my  post ?
  • edited April 2013
    You just cant deal with a bit of critism can you.  grow up sky
  • edited April 2013

£3,000 Gtd Rebuy £11's

bring this forward to 7:30-8:00

more of these MTT's with £22 & £33 aswell

good playable structures, would make a good main or side

Why can't Sky keep the fast MTT's in the scheudle which run alongside the live TV show, which should attract numbers and still run a sideline MTT at the sametime with a more slower structure.

The numbers would suggest Sky client base love playing 8pm BH's, turbo's and rebuys.

Would they not also sign up to another MTT starting at the sametime.

The MTT scheudle is so staggered through the evening, If people are coming online to play 8pm main then why not put on a varied scheudle at that time so they play more.

• edited April 2013
    You just cant deal with a bit of critism can you.  grow up sky
    Posted by REDARROW61
    We are happy to have constructive feedback from players, it's one of the big reasons for having the community.

We just want to make sure this thread stays on the topic in hand.

Thanks
    Sky Poker