You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Things NOT to do in Dublin!!

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013

hi

last time I was in Dublin

was around 92/93

for England match that lasted 27 mins

so a few brushes with the old bill

group I used to travel with we got chucked out off I think 8 bars

4 arrested

not me by the way

but the thing not to do

is burn a flag walking to the match

the natives got a bit upset

was quickest ever got into a ground lol

other than that great place

• edited April 2013
    Dont wear an orange sash while marching and playing a flute 
  • edited April 2013
     If someone at the poker table offers you a chip, in a threatening manner, he's not from Dublin, he's from Scotland---have a floppin chip!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2013
    I'm a Murphy from Cork boy da Lee bye !---- and we actually have a God given right to have a go at Dubliners --- It was given to us by the Bishop of Cloyne in 1148--- enlisting the help of the English in this pursuit is probably a  bit of a grey area, as the Bishop rarely mentioned the English--- but all is fair in love and not so love--- I wish I could find it within myself to apologise to Day4eire for any antagonism I may have caused by starting this thread-- I really do---- honestly--- no really--- i do--- just in case a miracle happens and I have to go there!

Just having a bit o craic mate-- everyone loves the Irish here--- except Maxally--but that's only because of his half finished extension and patio---, when I give him my Dads address, he'll be sweet as a nut!
  • edited April 2013
    Don't call a Leprechaun a midget they hate it..
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Things NOT to do in Dublin!!:
    Don't call a Leprechaun a midget they hate it..
    Posted by tomo_efc
     Just watch it You!!!!----- I am actually one of the 1263 leprechauns that got into the Guinness book of records for the most leprechauns in one place!---- and only a few of us were midgets!!!-

http://www.dailyedge.ie/this-is-what-a-record-breaking-1263-leprechauns-look-like-388881-Mar2012/

I'm the one with the silly hat

sorry-- link dodgy--- google 1263 leprechauns in Bandon
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Things NOT to do in Dublin!! :  Just watch it You!!!!----- I am actually one of the 1263 leprechauns that got into the Guinness book of records for the most leprechauns in one place!---- and only a few of us were midgets!!!- http://www.dailyedge.ie/this-is-what-a-record-breaking-1263-leprechauns-look-like-388881-Mar2012/  I'm the one with the silly hat  sorry-- link dodgy--- google 1263 leprechauns in Bandon
    Posted by oynutter
    LOL...And not one with a fishing rod....OOPS, Sorry there gnomes...
  • edited April 2013
     Twas great craic!--- and another small town was trying for the record on the same day, but they only got around 1100 leprechauns---lol---- imagine that--- 1100 peed off leprechauns!!!---lol
  • edited April 2013
    I was out in Dublin last weekend and the majority of people I saw werent irish! City centre is full of foreigners. All are welcome and have a good time if your coming. Just be urself and not an idiot!

Good luck to all traveling. I wont be playing but might pop in to watch

Ger
  • edited May 2013
    I was out in Dublin last weekend and the majority of people I saw werent irish! City centre is full of foreigners. All are welcome and have a good time if your coming. Just be urself and not an idiot! Good luck to all traveling. I wont be playing but might pop in to watch Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
     Yeh--- I heard that most Dubliners have moved to Galway or Wicklow---- now there are only the original Dubliners left--- and they are actually Vikings!---- In actual fact, they would have moved out too. but they found out that their boat had been buried in mud for 1100 years, and is consequently unseaworthy.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm a Murphy from Cork boy da Lee bye !---- and we actually have a God given right to have a go at Dubliners --- It was given to us by the Bishop of Cloyne in 1148--- enlisting the help of the English in this pursuit is probably a  bit of a grey area, as the Bishop rarely mentioned the English--- but all is fair in love and not so love
    Gosh - we must be related lol.  I'm originally a Murphy - also from Cork lol.

Best advice I can give to anyone going to Dublin - is not to say you love people from Cork lol.

• edited May 2013
    Just to clarify, I too am just having a bit of banter Pat. I was one of the 1st to congratulate  you when won your seat and wish you well in the tourney. I would much prefer to go to Dublin than Glasgow or Cardiff TBH :)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    and what is wrong with Cardiff?