You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Having a bad month? what to do

2»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Still waiting for a brag post, feel a bit let down )
  • edited April 2013
    u get 1 tonight and 2moro when i crush the mains :)
  • edited April 2013
    did you cash in DTD2 idcu,after that run of aces i saw you have(5 times while i was sat with you) i thought you would crush that mtt...take a couple of days of pal it,ll do you god cuz u got the game
  • edited April 2013
    na came nowhere tbh i got knocked out of the other 2 suckouts  so got bored tbh splashing about 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Having a bad month? what to do:
    na came nowhere tbh i got knocked out of the other 2 suckouts  so got bored tbh splashing about 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    That says it all Stephen. Take a break.
  • edited April 2013
     It's a confidence thing Idonk--- play like a winner-- act like a winner---- then it won't be your fault when you lose :)
  • edited April 2013
    All depends mate sometimes its good to have a break yes but equally is key to putting in high volume is the only way to get out of it.  All depends on what your goals are in the game actually are? Also what does your daily schedule consist of how many tournaments and tables do you play and what are they?
  • edited April 2013
    Not playing mych lately bearly there about 10 mtts a day im trying to avoid the cash tables but in the afternoons and late at  nite the mtts are pretty poor on sky so always tempted to play cash :/
  • edited April 2013
    For low stakes mtts like these mate your volume is going to have to be a lot higher than 10 a day tto see any wothwhile roi.  Stick to mtts as thats your best game but there isnt a high enough volume of them on here to make it worthwile. Spread your roll over a few sites that way you will never be short of games to play and have a routine.  My routine for the past few months for example has been wake up in the morning at 10am and go to the gym or out for a jog come back grab lunch relax for half an hour that way i feel refreshed ready to go in the zone. Then i get ready to play around 15 mtts over a few sites starting at 1.15 late reggung all the 12 and 12.30 mtts with my last tourney regging at 3pm. Then if i fancy it il grab dinner and do a night session aswell.
  • edited April 2013
    Not playing mych lately bearly there about 10 mtts a day im trying to avoid the cash tables but in the afternoons and late at  nite the mtts are pretty poor on sky so always tempted to play cash :/
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    At night pretty poor you say?I have too say for my liking only thr high roller looks good but its far to much money..Could sky care about small stake players and do exactly the same tournament for no more than 20.00..On a sunday they could start it by 3pm so it wont go on until 4 am..
  • edited April 2013
    i mean nite as in early hours  est from 1 am onwards :)
  • edited May 2013
    For low stakes mtts like these mate your volume is going to have to be a lot higher than 10 a day tto see any wothwhile roi.  Stick to mtts as thats your best game but there isnt a high enough volume of them on here to make it worthwile. Spread your roll over a few sites that way you will never be short of games to play and have a routine.  My routine for the past few months for example has been wake up in the morning at 10am and go to the gym or out for a jog come back grab lunch relax for half an hour that way i feel refreshed ready to go in the zone. Then i get ready to play around 15 mtts over a few sites starting at 1.15 late reggung all the 12 and 12.30 mtts with my last tourney regging at 3pm. Then if i fancy it il grab dinner and do a night session aswell.
    Posted by bearlyther
    Good routine m8. Not sure about the gym though. lol. Seems pointless to me beer is always a good enough replacement for the gym.
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Donk hope all is well and looking up! How about a bit of part time work say 8-10 hours a week or something.
    A bit of extra cash and gets you out the house and interact with some real people, might help.
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Donk hope all is well and looking up! How about a bit of part time work say 8-10 hours a week or something. A bit of extra cash and gets you out the house and interact with some real people, might help.
    Posted by gaga87
    or get a real full time job......pay your taxes and play poker for a bit of fun in the evenings donk you lazy bar steward!! :)
  • edited May 2013
    lol waller the last bit i effo i agree on :) 
  • edited May 2013
    Hey Donk hope all is well and looking up! How about a bit of part time work say 8-10 hours a week or something. A bit of extra cash and gets you out the house and interact with some real people, might help.
    Posted by gaga87
    What are those?
  • edited May 2013
    IDCU - do you have the right attitude for grinding this game!

I only ask because you seem to have a penchant for playing all the fun events - community games, king of the hill, etc etc when what you should be doing is hard grinding of a schedule of mtts. I know the feeling because that is what i do. i play poker to have fun, and often fun takes precedence over making money. But at the moment i don't need to play poker for a living. In your situation you should be spending less time having fun, more time grinding for money. If having a bad month is getting to you that is. Otherwise keep having fun but worry less about the "bad months".
  • edited May 2013
    mayur196498085  jawzindawz21915  IDONKCALLU03£50
    kelsey01 - £275 + King of the Hill2AK57 - £166 + King of the Hill3IDONKCALLU - £102
    couple of nice cashes think the donk is back musta been just a blip :)
  • edited May 2013
    ya right geldy i need to do more grinding im a far better mtt player then cash so thats what im gonna do 

downside there are no gd mtts in the afternoon or after midnight so this is where i need to do summit in the afternoon play golf -tennis etc instead of playing cash tables 
  • edited May 2013
    people have told you this so many times, have some of your roll on other sites so you can play more games in the afternoon if you choose to
  • edited May 2013
    i did do this i put 500 on another site n lost that within 2 weeks lol its cool it will get me of my back sie n go out n do stuff in the afternoon :) 

summer is coming dont wanna be a hermit n stay indoors i just play when its busy traffic from 6pm till midnight :)
  • edited May 2013
    Blip what blip bad month what month oh its a new month :) 

the donk is deffo back :) 

Mamsta2100001£279.50IDONKCALLU02£170.50
  • edited May 2013
    They've just had a Poker Clinic from September 2012, where there was a message from IDCU, almost identical to the first post in this thread apart from "a bad month" it was "a bad week".

Did you learn from the help you got back in September?

In poker, you get good periods and bad periods, dressed up in poker terms as "variance". If you can't handle that, then poker isn't the game for you.