You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GoodBye

2»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    yeah im not going to say 1 & 1 coaching doesn't help, i think you know im not saying that. 

I think the 1 to 1 player however has to have a similar style to begin with, otherwise nothing is going to make sense. 
  • edited May 2013
    who needs coaching when ya just good like me :)
  • edited May 2013
    so coaching is one idea robbie

but maybe the problem is that you are not sufficiently an*lly retentive

best cash players seem to be able to remember all the hands the villains have played against them, and know their style.

if you can do that, great - but if not then sticking to mtts may not be such a bad idea - for now
  • edited May 2013
    Personally, I think coaching, or chatting with some poker mates if you want the cheaper option is a great start to improving your cash game, but you have to take it seriously and really focus while doing it because you can't expect to have some sicko cash grinder to tell you all this stuff and you can just be talked at and it'll magically all sink in.

EDIT: However, you do obviously have mental game issues if you sitting down at cash tables and getting stacked twice is enough to make you feel terrible. It could be for a ton of reasons like bad BRM but if you can't sit down, lose 2 BIs and shrug it off, that needs sorting before you can play well imo.

One thing I meant to point out ages ago... imo, it's nigh on impossible that someone can beat 50NL on stars and not be able to beat 20NL on Sky, so either you were experiencing positive variance there and were never really a winning player @ 50NL OR you're currently experiencing negative variance here and aren't really a losing player @ 20NL.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to GoodBye:
    after having another awful day , im ready to call it a day.  I hate quitting at somthing i wanted alot but i think its the smart thing to do im fed up of thinking the wrong things, doing the wrong things and in general just being rubbish at poker.  The thing is iv spent alot of time lately on my game and taking away a few good mtt results im as bad as i was before, so how would i ever improve? In the last month i finish 16th in ukops main event (£400), won 3k rebuy (£1200) and finished 16th in £33 bh (£112) all which i sat'd in for and im still not happy with my play because cash is what i want to be good at, and i love poker but i hate losing and being awful at somthing i tried so hard in. so its not even about money. I sat there today playing 20nl, trying my hardest to play the best i knew off , and lost 2 stacks , not including the $50 i lost on another site in the money.  I sat that with a face like a slapped somthing and thought whats the point? this isnt enjoyable and prob for the first time i dont think i could become a winning player. Last thing ! i must say a massive thankyou to the people on sky poker who constantly commented on my hands and offered support through the chat or through a pm, i appreciated that alot so thanks for the time out your grinding to do that! i wish everyone else the best of luck at the tables !
    Posted by robbie1992

Are you for real?!

• edited May 2013
    My tournament play is a lot better than my cash play,yea we would all like to make money at cash so we could make money on our lap top on a beach far away,but if your ok at mtts and enjoy it try to forget about cash,it only takes a few days.
  • edited May 2013
     If you could teach someone to play poker, they would know exactly what to do in any given situation--- impossible imo