You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 weekly league

edited June 2013 in Poker Chat

Deffo up for this and am happy to play Tues, Weds or Thursday.

What format would you suggest, 2 PLO and 1 PLO8 , PLO8 score and best PLO score count for league position,

•    or have you anything else in mind?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    After tonights success in the 8:25p.m PLO8

Would you like to see a weekly league for PLO8.

Feedback would be great, also what days would you like this to run??
    I was thinking thursday nights, as monday has DTD, wednesday has the community night.
  • edited May 2013
    tues or thurs
    plo8 only (also known as hi-lo)
    copy paste from dtd - best 2 results of 3 counts etc

i wouldn't mix plo8 with plo as they are very different games, and i think you will get fewer players if both have to be played. and plo8 already has an active mtt in the evening (the £100gtd 20:25) and i think is the more "fun" game for newbies.
  • edited May 2013
    I would suggest a mix of 1x PLO   1xPLO8  and 1x nl Omaha  (not tikay fav game) so doubt if thhis will be inc.

But all suggestions welcome, and if tikay is happy to play on one said chosen night would be great too.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks geldy i was thinking along same route as the DTD 2 from 3 for weekly league as works great on mondays (so why change something thats works well),  but wouldn't anyone like to play other form's of OMAHA?
  • edited May 2013

Please note, in my opinion, playing PLO & PLO8 "alongside each other" is NOT recommended, it is very hard to keep adjusting the mindset, as the games play completely different & have very little in common as to starting hand criteria & strategy.

I don't mind if we run two seperate nights, one for PLO, & one for PLO8, I'd try to support both.

One other minor problem is that I am currently scheduled to play PTO Omaha Cash every Wednesday, but some weeks I may have to swap that night. Sarah was due to do PTP next Monday, but cannot now do so, so MAY take my Wednesday shift (next week only), & I'll do a different night. I'm also waiting to hear from Anna as to what nights work best for her PTP sessions.

Once I get all that info in front of me, I will sort the PTP schedules, then I will know what nights I am free to do PLO8 & PLO Leagues.  

• edited May 2013

I agree as to the "2 from 3 DTD format" works well.

I do not think that mixing PLO8 & PLO on the same night works, though.

I would also not be keen on NL Omaha, as the idea of these leagues is to help players to learn the games, & NL Omaha is not a real or skilful game really, it is the illegitimate offspring of two very different parents. 

That said, whatever works best for everyone else is fine by me.

• edited May 2013
    hi ms-tree - i was editting my post above as you were asking the question

i also think an important reason not to mix is that most peeps will also be playing their usual NLHE mtts at the same time. now i find it hard to stay on focus while playing both NLHE & PLO8 - add in PLO as well and - well i don't think i could do it, and it might also be offputting for others
  • edited May 2013
    All good feedback so far, keep it up!!

Also please vote which is most sutible night for this to run.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: PLO8 weekly league:
    Please note, in my opinion, playing PLO & PLO8 "alongside each other" is NOT recommended, it is very hard to keep adjusting the mindset, as the games play completely different & have very little in common as to starting hand criteria & strategy. I don't mind if we run two seperate nights, one for PLO, & one for PLO8, I'd try to support both. One other minor problem is that I am currently scheduled to play PTO Omaha Cash every Wednesday, but some weeks I may have to swap that night. Sarah was due to do PTP next Monday, but cannot now do so, so MAY take my Wednesday shift (next week only), & I'll do a different night. I'm also waiting to hear from Anna as to what nights work best for her PTP sessions. Once I get all that info in front of me, I will sort the PTP schedules, then I will know what nights I am free to do PLO8 & PLO Leagues.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    I have to agree with Tikay here, even multitabling 3 PLO8 tables is quite a handfull, never mind trying to get the brain around 3 different game stategies.

I voted for Thursday, and would like the stakes to be as affordable as the DTD, or maybe a tad lower to encourage everyone to have a go.  2 x £1.10 and 1 x £2.20 would be my suggestion.  Loads of fun for less than a fiver.

Best of luck getting it going.
  • edited May 2013
    All good so far, it looks like Thursday nights at the moment, i will keep poll open till monday when tikay is back.

I agree 67bhoys  that is must be offordable like the ever popular DTD, so great imput,  but maybe 2x £2.20 and 1x £1.10  like the DTD itself.  Great night for £5.50 with little prizes to add by tikay for weekly and monthly leagues.

Keep the votes in peeps.

gl at the tables
  • edited May 2013
    All votes must be in by monday, please vote if you would like to make this happen.

52 runners in the PLO8 last night, was great turn out, lets make a success of a weekly league.
  • edited May 2013
    I'd love it as long as the stakes were kept reasonably low

Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays would be best for me. I could make alternate Thursdays but probably not every week
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for imput fchd, i am sure this will along same lines as the dtd  2x £2.20 and 1x £1.10 so £5.50, we  shell see tho.

more votes needed.
  • edited May 2013
    Just to echo what Tikay and others have said.  Multi-tabling Omaha is difficult enough without trying to play 2 different formats, I think it would have to be kept to either PLO or PLO8 but not a mix of the 2.

NL Omaha..... No thanks!  It really doesn't work as a no limit game in my opinion.
  • edited May 2013
    thank you slykllist, it seems sense to stick to either PLO or PLO8   and have best 2 scores from 3 tournys played, all looking good so far.

Also as said Thursday looks most likely too.
  • edited May 2013
    Hi ms,  I hadn't played PLO8 for a long time BUT really enjoyed last nites tourney. I also voted for Thurs altho I mite not be able to make every Thurs. 
  • edited May 2013
    *BUMP*

Please feel free to leave comments or feedback, and please VOTE above, if this is going to happen WE NEED YOU!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss this is perfect count me in, thursdays best

PLO8 is imo much more fun than PLO and should definately be seperate nights if you do both games

Its funny how many ppl will just gloss over this thread title and are just dead set on only playing holdem, so much fun to be had here, GET IN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Total novice but played the other day and really enjoyed it.
    I voted for Thursday.
  • edited May 2013
     I voted for friday because any start time after 7.30 monday to thursday  will probably run to late for me due to being up just after 5 for work
  • edited May 2013
    Thank you for your votes, please keep them comming in!!!

I agree janana alot of people not tryed PLO8,  it is different with a high and a low hand, but great game to learn, and this league will hopefully get more players learning a different aspect to poker.

All feedback and comments welcome.
  • edited May 2013

Hi Mstree, doing sterling work here, just a suggestion, as TK has said he will put some prizes up it might be worth editing thread title with "PRIZES AVAILABLE" added. Think this may get more people viewing, just a thought.

Well done, keep up the good work.
  • edited May 2013
    Sounds like a great idea and I would love to play in it.  Unfortunatly, due to work I can only do Monday and the thought of having 3 nlh tables and 3 plo or plo8 tables up together would fry my little brain even more then it is already!  If it starts I will play anytime I'm not working 
  • edited May 2013
    Hi pom and cenachav,  i was thinking about editing the title anyway, but thought that this might not happen as not as many votes as i thought, so i will edit and see if i can reel in afew more peeps.

It looks like thursday night cenachav at the moment, hope you can play if this is the case, as would be great to see you and everyone else make this work.
  • edited May 2013

I voted to play on the Tuesday, but can make
          most nights apart from Friday
  • edited May 2013
    Desperately need micro plo8 sngs to be added to the lobby, some low mtts in the evening would be nice too.

Yes spruce up thread title that will help, im sure theres loads of ppl a bit bored with holdem, some may even be unaware this is the 2nd most popular form of poker, and for good reason, hope this works out I want to play PLO8 more but cant with the current state of the lobby
  • edited May 2013
    Once i have spoken to tikay on monday hopefully we can clarify that this will happen and that prizes are on offer,  i will change title of thread then as i dont want to mis-lead anyone regarding prizes.

hope you understand my meaning on this matter.

please keep voting, and leave comments and feedback.
  • edited May 2013
    Depends on when they start and if there is late reg, I normally get home somewhere between 20.30 and 20.45.  This may be too late so I will just play when I have some holiday
  • edited May 2013
    I will be unavailable WEDNESDAY as moving home, and internet will be re-located, i shell be on-line by THURSDAY early p.m (fingers crossed).

Tikay awaiting your imput after your great spt trip.

please keep voting and leave comments/feedback.
  • edited May 2013
    Tikay where are you Tikay,  no reply as yet sir (still hung over from dublin no doubt)  hope you had a great time.

It looks like thursday nights is best for most of you, another question would be would you prefer to play PLO or PLO8??

any comments/feedback allways helps. 
    Please keep voting too.