You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO8 weekly league

2»

Comments

• edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    PLO for me - but will go with majority - both are the best games on sky IMO.
  • edited May 2013
    Brilliant idea this and if I can make it then you can put my name down.  I'm happy to play whichever variant of Omaha you decide on, however, I do love PLO8.

I've voted for Thursday although the only day which would be tricky for me is Wednesday, and I can't play every third week when I'm backshift.

Good luck and hope to see you all soon :)
  • edited May 2013

Mr. Hartigan would of sorted this by now #justsaying.

I would try to join in any PLO games, but not PLO8. Any night but Thursday for me.

I do hope you get this off the ground though. GL.
  • edited May 2013
    Lol Maxally  with the SPT over the weekend and this thread only starting thursday, i think we have done an ok job in getting the ball rolling, i am still awaiting tikay for his reply/take on this (but he was vry busy with the spt)

PLO looks good so far for thursdays.

Keep voting.
  • edited May 2013
    Can do Monday or Tuesday.
  • edited May 2013
    PLO8 - will try to play regularly
    PLO - will not

& is it my imagination or is PLO8 the more popular format for tournament play (vs PLO for Cash)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: PLO8 weekly league:
    PLO8 - will try to play regularly PLO - will not & is it my imagination or is PLO8 the more popular format for tournament play (vs PLO for Cash)
    Posted by GELDY
      The split pots in plo8 make for a poor cash game because of the rake.   
  • edited May 2013
    Desperately need micro plo8 sngs to be added to the lobby, some low mtts in the evening would be nice too. Yes spruce up thread title that will help, im sure theres loads of ppl a bit bored with holdem, some may even be unaware this is the 2nd most popular form of poker, and for good reason, hope this works out I want to play PLO8 more but cant with the current state of the lobby
    Posted by Janana
    This is required. Cant understand why other DYM's start at 60p but PLO8 its £2.25.
  • edited May 2013
    Tikay where are you Tikay,  no reply as yet sir (still hung over from dublin no doubt)  hope you had a great time. It looks like thursday nights is best for most of you, another question would be would you prefer to play PLO or PLO8?? any comments/feedback allways helps.  Please keep voting too.
    Posted by ms-tree
    Ha! I am teetotal, so no, not hung over, but I was desperately tired.

The SPT Dublin was incredibly tiring, I was on my feet from 10am until 2am for 2 days running, & I got "slightly lost" on three occasions walking back to my Hotel, & The Fitzwilliam, & ending up walking miles.

We wrapped up at 2am on Monday morning, & my flight home was at 7am, but I took to my bed when I got home, as I did not feel so good.

I'll try & go through the thread & come up with a plan soonest.

I would think it likely that we start next week.

• edited May 2013
    ps my playing opportunities may become a bit irregular over the coming weeks. so whereas i would be delighted if my views were taken into account, i won´t be upset should you choose otherwise
  • edited May 2013

Everyone seems to want different evenings, & some want PLO, & some PLO8.

Well I'll just have to make the decision, & it'll please some, & not others.....

We can run other Leagues after this one concludes though, & next time we can change the night, & format, so in due course, everyone will be happy. *

* Possibly. ;)
  • edited May 2013
    Would it be at all possible for a few small ones to be added for thursday as a sort of trial run for the league, even if some of the existing mtts buy in amounts were just made low that would do
  • edited May 2013
    tried out two scoring systems on last night's PLO 
    peeps had to play all three
    1. DTD style best 2/3  & highest result splits a tie
    2. net cash won

same 4 came at the top, but in a different order
    biggest flaw in the DTD system is if 1 tournament only has a few runners then players in that get an advantage, whereas weighting it by cash adjusts for the size of field - although if entry costs vary a lot then that will provide a different bias

• edited May 2013
    I never quite understood why DTD was done the way it was, maybe im missing something but what was the benefit of 2/3? why not just make it so all 3 scores count? i bet it was just laziness wanting to do less math lol

dont think including money is fair cos a 5th place in the 5 quidder is close to a 1st place from a quidder
  • edited May 2013

Best scoring method is reverse to what is now. Therefore 120 runners 1st place = 120pts, 120th = 1pt.

This eliminates the anomoly of different size fields. Simples.
  • edited May 2013
    Any updates on this?
  • edited May 2013
    Any updates on this?
    Posted by 67Bhoys
    Not really Mr Celtic fan, everyone seems to want different things, on different evenings, at different buy-ins!

I remain committed to supporting it, playing it, & adding some prizes, but I just can't work out what everyone wants.

I was playing PLO8 DYM's last night, & a chap came on the Rail & got really cross with me, really quite rude. He said "why don't you do something try & generate more PLO8 action?". And I've played something like 50 or 60 PLO8 DYM's in the last week, plus I give up a night every week in my own time to try & generate interest in PLO8! So I sort of replied, politely, that I was doing my best, & he said "ahh, I never knew that, because I don't ever listen to what you say".

Think I was banging my head against a brick wall there.
  • edited May 2013

Hi Teeks, take the bull by the horns, announce PLO8 +PLO, 3 lo-cost mtts  alternate Thursdays for ,
      say, a months trial. Give it a whirl, suck it and see etc etc.  

• edited May 2013

Why not Altinate the Monthly League ie 1 Month PLO8, 1 Month PLO would that not suit everyone
  • edited May 2013
    Been very busy with move and everything at mo, so sorry for lack of imput last few days guys/girls.

I have not really heard anything regarding this as far from Tikay.

I think this will happen but would like to see how Tikay's PLO and PLO8 nights go (as for numbers) if they keep making intrest and more players play week on week, then this should work well.

We will all have to wait and see at moment.

Gl all and please join in on next weeks (when arranged) Omaha fun.
  • edited May 2013
    Well tikay you cant please everyone but the thread title says it all this is PLO8, if ppl want a PLO one start a new thread I say, as for which day all we can do is try some and see which works best.

Maybe we can just do some unofficial ones this week as a test run?

If we get decent numbers with no prize drawing more ppl in then surely it will get the green light, there are now more low stakes MTTs on tonight so maybe we could do 3 of these, and take all the best suggestions on this thread to decide scoring format (I like poms reverse score system).
  • edited May 2013
    I'm interested, any day but Friday for me as play Offordable and Mega stack but go with the flow.

Thanks to everyone organising this.

Daggers.
  • edited June 2013
    BUMPED in sad and pessimistic hope of anything happening

COME ON PPL we NEEEEEEEEEEEEED to make this happen, especially as Tikay will be playing proper PLO8 events in vegas soon, would be good to be able to cyber-rail teeks and play at same time
  • edited June 2013
    I've been playing/learning more about this game recently and would enter a league.