You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! (caption contest inside)

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Rich and Stapes! The dream team! 

Hopefully we will get to see some cruel/funny analysis tonight. Dont hold back Rich.

Going to miss Lukaku at West Brom much? 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Is there a big gap in your diary where it says 'Tuesday Night'?

Do you have some money in your bankroll and a few hours of free time this evening that you want to spend amongst like-minded friends playing the game you love on TV?

(You can see this where this going, can't you..?)

Yes, we have a 
    LIVE show tonight on Sky Poker TV Channel 861.

We start at 7. We go till 12. And here's the deal- it's...

Gentlemen, and ladies, start your engines- we've got live coverage of tonight's main event -the £4k Turbo Open.

Coverage commences at 8 and will continue through to midnight with a one hour Mastercash sesh in between, from 10-11pm.

And leading up to the kick-off, we'll bring you the highlights from Sunday night's Primo final table. That's from 7-8pm.

On the bridge tonight, in it's first ever pairing, (and possibly last, the producer is very, very nervous)...

Richard Orford and Joe Stapleton

Captions for these photos please!

No prizes, it's just for fun and the chance to get your genius effort read out on air.

Stick them on here, via email skyopen@bskyb.com, or tweet them #skypokertv

And of course we'd love to hear from you about everything else. We'll take hand requests from the big event and, whether you're playing or not, we always welcome your questions and banter so send in all that too.

So, see you tonight, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, whatever the hell that means. And remember...

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes!:
    Rich and Stapes! The dream team!  Hopefully we will get to see some cruel/funny analysis tonight. Dont hold back Rich. Going to miss Lukaku at West Brom much? 
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Hi Jim,

I think my role will be have to be straight man tonight with Joe in the studio- the producer said this pairing is his worst nightmare. Lol!

As for Lukaku, yeah it was good while it lasted- could have done without him scoring a hat-trick against Man U on the last day of the season, we might just have sneaked him back under the radar had he not.

Still, you never know- Mourinho might not fancy him for his first XI. Then again, he does look a lot like Drogba so he might get him back straight away to recreate the magic.

Maybe we'll get Torres on loan instead. He looks like he could do with some experience with a big club ;-)
  • edited May 2013
    enjoy my most excellent example of how not to play a big stack on the primo FT pls
  • edited May 2013
    top pic......lookin for the other half, of BLUES BROTHERS... Or is that a funeral over there,,,free drinks and cake.

second pic.....forget he has AA I really fancy you.......Mobile mobile in my hand who is the fairest in the land.
    Why it's you Joe.. that ones off the wife.
  • edited May 2013
    enjoy my most excellent example of how not to play a big stack on the primo FT pls
    Posted by yoyo
    Oh yes, yet another reason to tune in tonight. 

We will enjoy, Jules, we will...
  • edited May 2013
    Bottom pic

Agent J: I'm looking for TK, have you seen him? Sort of a surly, older gentleman, smiles like this...

[J makes a poker face]

Agent O: TK's been dead for over forty years.

(amended quote from Men In Black)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes!:
    Is there a big gap in your diary where it says 'Tuesday Night'? Do you have some money in your bankroll and a few hours of free time this evening that you want to spend amongst like-minded friends playing the game you love on TV? (You can see this where this going, can't you..?) Yes, we have a  LIVE show tonight on Sky Poker TV Channel 861. We start at 7. We go till 12. And here's the deal- it's... Gentlemen, and ladies, start your engines- we've got  live coverage of tonight's main event -the £4k Turbo Open. Coverage commences at 8 and will continue through to midnight with a one hour Mastercash sesh in between, from 10-11pm. And leading up to the kick-off, we'll bring you the highlights from Sunday night's Primo final table . That's from 7-8pm. On the bridge tonight, in it's first ever pairing, (and possibly last, the producer is very, very nervous)... Richard Orford and Joe Stapleton Yes, I'm ready once more to offer myself up for all your mickey-taking needs. So, Your captions for the photo above please! No prizes, it's just for fun and the chance to get your genius effort read out on air. Stick them on  here , via email   skyopen@bskyb.com , or tweet them  #skypokertv And of course we'd love to hear from you about everything else. W e'll take hand requests from the big event and,  whether you're playing or not, we always welcome your questions and banter so send in all that too. So, see you tonight, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, whatever the hell that means. And remember...
    Posted by RICHORFORD

Is that it now......STOP CHANGING THE PICS.....LOL

• edited May 2013
    No, it's not it, tomo! Sorry mate, see amended opening post.

Two photos for you, and that's it now.

We had copyright issues with the original one- the new one is Joe's Twitter photo and so presumably he owns the copyright. In which case, we'll have our day in court if he tries anything!
  • edited May 2013
    Bottom pic Agent J: I'm looking for TK, have you seen him? Sort of a surly, older gentleman, smiles like this... [ J makes a poker face ]   Agent O: TK's been dead for over forty years.  (amended quote from Men In Black)
    Posted by VespaPX
    Sorry, Vespa, had to change the picture. Good caption though. Please send in ones for the two photos on the OP now. I promise I won't change them again!
  • edited May 2013

So the obv one has got to be.........

(stapes) ''so you join me outside the court just as the defendant Richard Orford arrives to answer the copyright case against him"

Have a good show guys! I am slightly disappointed in Joe going off to Macau instead of coming to Brum in June for the SPT. You should of got him tickets for a Hawthorns stadium tour Rich.....that would of clinched it.....maybe.

*edit - You have changed the pics again. Play nicely please :(
  • edited May 2013
    So the obv one has got to be......... (stapes) ''so you join me outside the court just as the defendant Richard Orford arrives to answer the copyright case against him" Have a good show guys! I am slightly disappointed in Joe going off to Macau instead of coming to Brum in June for the SPT. You should of got him tickets for a Hawthorns stadium tour Rich.....that would of clinched it.....maybe. *edit - You have changed the pics again. Play nicely please :(
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good point Alan, the tour through our trophy room wouldn't take up much of his time. 10-15 seconds say.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! : Sorry, Vespa, had to change the picture. Good caption though. Please send in ones for the two photos on the OP now. I promise I won't change them again!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Caption still applies to your pic ! :-)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! : Sorry, Vespa, had to change the picture. Good caption though. Please send in ones for the two photos on the OP now. I promise I won't change them again!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I can feel a complaints thread coming on... "Opinions on the old Sky Poker presenters"

What was all that about?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! : Hi Jim, I think my role will be have to be straight man tonight with Joe in the studio- the producer said this pairiing is his worst nightmare. Lol! As for Lukaku, yeah it was good while it lasted- could have done without him scoring a hat-trick against Man U on the last day of the season, we might just have sneaked him back under the radar had he not. Still, you never know- Mourinho might not fancy him for his first XI. Then again, he does look a lot like Drogba so he might get him back straight away to recreate the magic. Maybe we'll get Torres on loan instead. He looks like he could do with some experience with a big club ;-)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Ha! Wait until next month, when Joe has been paired with Anna!!!

How much wrangling / restraining will be required?

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! : Ha! Wait until next month, when Joe has been paired with Anna!!! How much wrangling / restraining will be required?
    Posted by J-Hartigan

I think that is very unfair James. You should wait and see the show before posting stuff like this beforehand.

......I am sure Anna will behave herself.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! : Ha! Wait until next month, when Joe has been paired with Anna!!! How much wrangling / restraining will be required?
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    God help him...
  • edited May 2013

Caption entry

Stapes dreaming of winning the SPT Birmingham side event while Rich Orford looks after his sidey winnings. 
  • edited May 2013
    Has Stapes been in Anna's make-up box??
  • edited May 2013
    Orford looks on aghast as Stapes uses the two way mirror to take a pic to send to Jen Tilly
  • edited May 2013

"Wow!!!! - I don't get to see a Final Table very often - it looks amazing"

"If I take a picture of myself in the mirror it's gonna look Soooooo Cool on my Twitter" (Click)

Have a great "Turbo Tuesday" Guys - I Assume you will be talking in turbo speed for the viewers? :)
  • edited May 2013
    Loving your captions so far. Most amusing.

Don't forget to send us loads of hand ids once the big game gets going.

2 and a half hours to go- then we're live for the rest of the night. Be good to have you there!
  • edited May 2013

"Tikay.......Tikay......Are you in here? it WAS your idea to put me in with stapes"

"Is my shirt on back to front?" Still.....Its gonna look sooo cool on my Twitter (Click)
  • edited May 2013
    Bonus content tonight-

(1) Watch Julian Thew blow his massive chipstack on the final table of Sunday's Primo. Well, come on, he was due some bad luck wasn't he?

(2) We're trailling our new table graphics again tonight at 10, in the Mastercash hour. All feedback, positive, negative but most of all constructive will be gratefully recieved and read out on air.

That is all.

For now.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! (caption contest inside):
    Bonus content tonight- (1) Watch Julian Thew blow his massive chipstack on the final table of Sunday's Primo. Well, come on, he was due some bad luck wasn't he? (2) We're trailling our new table graphics again tonight at 10, in the Mastercash hour. All feedback, positive, negative but most of all constructive will be gratefully recieved and read out on air. That is all. For now.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I suppose ONLY making the final table might be considered bad luck for Mr Thew.

Oooooooo... the new graphics. Pretty. :)

I have thought of another constructive criticism of the new graphics - It would be better if screen names were case sensitive, I think. Might save on a bit of confusion for one or two presenters who struggle with the names.

Have a great show Richard. Don't be upset if Mr Stapleton compares you to James alot. He did move continents to be nearer to him, after all.
  • edited May 2013

rich... looks like it'll be the best show ever.

but...

why are you responding to every single post on this thread?

yours,
    intrigued

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tonight LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Stapes! (caption contest inside):
    rich... looks like it'll be the best show ever. but... why are you responding to every single post on this thread? yours, intrigued
    Posted by aussie09

I'm not, Rob...
  • edited May 2013
    Had ya haircut then rich aka mr lego man :)
  • edited May 2013
    Dream team

#justsaying
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Rich.

Reference the £10 Tournament Token -

Can you just clarify for any new players, because I once had a £10,00 tournament token and entered a £5.50 tournament and the token was spent ie I was unable to use it to play multiple tournaments or sit & goes.
  • edited May 2013
    56 minutes is to the end of level 8, Richard.

7 minute blind levels, you see.